New Zealand

Forum » Cricket » New Zealand

Jul 10, 2019, 16:06

Wow !!

What a surprise...……

What a hell of a performance against a top notch well loaded India side

Thoroughly well deserved winners of that game...… all the best for the final against "England"

Jul 10, 2019, 16:56

NZ Cricket tend to punch way above their weight in CWC's. They took us out last time round....just glad the manipulators got booted.

Jul 10, 2019, 16:57

PS, rather Aus than Poms please!

Jul 10, 2019, 17:10

Another real upset and congrats to NZ for winning the semi.   

Jul 10, 2019, 18:31

India in mourning........though the NZ run rate was slow I was reminded that they were getting runs on the board.Imagine NZ winning the double Cricket and Rugby

Jul 10, 2019, 19:10

Kane Williamson's 70 strike rate innings of 67 was the key to this whole match. If he failed NZ were gone. Add to that Taylor's 72 at a strike rate of 82.

That left a lot to do still for sure. But Pandya and Pant who were in position to do the same thing gave in to the need for pyrotechnics.

The maturiry of 28 year old Williamson and 35year old Taylor vs the youth .....always the formula for WC success, even though 38 year old Dhoni almost guided India home.

Jul 10, 2019, 23:28

Possible CWC & RWC double on the horizon?

Jul 11, 2019, 01:24

Had the same thought.....

Jul 11, 2019, 01:41

Wishful think, Blobbie :ermm::D

Thing is the success of playing on different wickets in different countries has been discussed and might still be on the board, I can also dig it out if need be. India it was noted do very well on flat, pancake like pitches and for most of the current world cup that's exactly what they were served. I also pointed out that in their last visit to Australia they landed 3 months in advance of the test series so as to familiarise themselves with local conditions and pitches. They still came up empty.

Alarm bells should have rung the minute the covers were removed at Old Trafford. A reasonably active but playable pitch turned lively with swing and movement after a dunking of wet from the day before. Not your typical Indian wicket. Much as teams struggle with spin on the dust bowls of Indian wickets so do the Indian batsmen struggle with movement on lively wickets.

Adding to their woes was an excellent attack who had done their homework and then thoughtfully and collectively bowled to an accurate length making the ball swing. On paper they are the better side and guaranteed had both sides played on the same day on the same pitch the result would have been different. But.....

Australia facing England for the second time is another cracker of a game in the making. Prediction?....none from me until the toss. I will though step into the breach and say that NZ won't win CWC2019.

Bring it home, Diggers.

Bring it home.

Jul 11, 2019, 06:18

Found an earlier post re my comment on the Kiwis...

Jun 27, 2019, 11:10

Well done Pakistan......just when it's least expected they pop up just to let you know that they're still around. New Zealand is a good side and I'm not sure where they went wrong in a game that could easily have swung their way. If anything the Kiwi captain erred in batting first, the wicket noticeably flattened out in the second innings. This CWC tournament remains wide open. 

Jul 11, 2019, 07:38

Pant in particular will come in for a lot of stick from his countrymen

He had the perfect opportunity to play a long and mature innings but unnecessarily went the aerial route, which given the context of the game, at the time, was incredibly stupid.

No, Draad, the Aussies have won it enough, give the Poms or NZ a chance for a first

Jul 11, 2019, 07:41

No, Draad, the Aussies have won it enough, give the Poms or NZ a chance for a first

How many is ....enough?

Bring it home Diggers.

Bring it home.

Jul 11, 2019, 09:46

"How many is ....enough?"

More than 1...… :D

You need to Log in to reply.