You need to LOG IN to reply.

ODI Squad to play Sri Lanka

Forum » Cricket » ODI Squad to play Sri Lanka

Feb 24, 2019, 14:14

The ODI squad for the first three ODI's against Sri Lanka has been announced:\

Faf du Plessis (c), Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Imran Tahir, David Miller, Wiaan Mulder, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Dale Steyn, Rassie van der Dussen

For the first time in years Amla is NOT in the squad when he is actually available.   Is this the first indication that he is out of contention for WC selection.

I would have preferred Hamza ahead of Hendricks in the squad and it bothers me that Markram is not in the squad,  As for the rest Shamsi is not worth selection - he is useless,   

Feb 24, 2019, 16:24

After reading the full article there is a reference to Amla in there.   It says Amla remains the member of the squad - but wonder for how long?    

Feb 24, 2019, 18:43

In the Momentum  Cup 50 over game today - Hamza made 85 runs not out.  Neither of Hendricks and Van der Dussen came anywhere near half that number of runs and neither was not out as well.

The Cape Cobras won the game -  so why is Hamza not in the  ODI squad?    

Feb 25, 2019, 02:17

I'm afraid that squad leaves a lot to be desired, for a start it comprises of 5 recognised batsmen and 3 allrounders...why?

For a team that's consistently struggling with the bat you'd think there'd be potential safety in starting with 6 recognised batsmen....Aai!

Pretorius has been a failure, besides now that Mulder has made the squad he falls into the catergory of surplus to requirements. Also, his medium pacers at around the mid 120kms is ineffective and his inclusion rules out an extra batsman.

Shamsi is a shame club standard spinner.

Markram needs the experience and should have been in the squad even though his performances has not been flash but I'm glad to see Nortje has made it and I believe his exclusion would have been  excessively stupid.

Mike can you stop whining about Amla....it's childish and it makes me sick. Also, no need for another bible reading response.....I daresay no-one reads it.

Thank you.

Feb 25, 2019, 03:24

I agree with you - there are problems with the squad.   They have too many so-called allrounders in the squad and too few real batsmen.   That is why I say they should have included Hamza and Markram as batsmen.  

The problem is that in the Pakistan ODI's the front-line bowlers like Steyn and Rabada failed to deliver the goods and  the diddly bowlers took the wickets.,      

I think you are wrong about Mulder's bowling pace - it normally is in the low 130's - not 120 kms

Feb 25, 2019, 11:28

Wrong? Maybe not, read my post again, it would help if you didn't post 3.30 in the morning.

Feb 25, 2019, 14:10

Sorry you said in the mid-120's and not 120.  However, I still think that Mulder is I the low 130's and not the mid 120's as stated by you.  

Feb 25, 2019, 14:36

I'm talking about Pretorius not Mulder ...Ai! Read the post again.

You need to Log in to reply.