You need to LOG IN to reply.

Pakistan's win over England . . .

Forum » Cricket » Pakistan's win over England . . .

Jun 04, 2019, 11:23

We had a random office draw before the CWC started and I drew Pakistan. After their demolition at the hands of the West Indies I crumpled my ticket up and chucked it away. This morning I was scratching around my office looking for it again!

LMAO!

There was a telling moment during the commentary on yesterday's game when Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis joined the commentary team and Wasim reminded everyone of their 1992 CWC victory when they came into the tournament with poor form, lost most of their warm-up games and lost their first CWC game . . . but then they "started to find their rhythm" in Akram's (very eloquent) words. Yesterday we witnessed a Pakistani team "finding their rhythm" again in no uncertain terms.

I'm not saying for one minute they're going to win this year's tournament (I'm still saying India) but Pakistan have turned a corner of sorts and looked a completely different outfit to the one that collapsed so meekly to the Windies last week.

Let's hope the Chokeas can also turn a corner tomorrow . . . but I wouldn't bet on it.

I believe there's been quite a bit of talk about replacing the Protea on the front of our shirts with an Artichoke!

You need to Log in to reply.