Pearls of wisdom from Boucher

Forum » Cricket » Pearls of wisdom from Boucher

Jun 22, 2021, 13:01

“ We’ve not played a lot of cricket, because of Covid, especially away from home, understandably. I’ve always believed, when you’ve got a young team, that the best place for them to actually learn how to play is in foreign conditions. There were a lot of lessons learnt although we didn’t win in Pakistan. We came here and the players knew the conditions were going to be tough. We had some good practices before the series...this is how you develop players by playing them in different conditions. This is where they start learning about their games, making little adjustments to their games that will hopefully turn them into a world class player one day,” Boucher

Jun 22, 2021, 13:30

The above may be true - but why did they stick with some of the older players that failed in the past?    The selections were also crap in the past and that accounted for a lot of failures,   

The young player story is a farce too,   at one stage they were selecting players way past their prime and named them "young players".

The present team should be retained in the main - with Van Tonder replacing Petersen as the number 3 batsman. in the next tour involving I believe BanglaDesh.

The next phase of the present tour is the T20I  series starting on Friday.   One will have toi see whether idiocy ceep intoi that team selection as was normal in the past few series,.    The squad is as follows:-

Temba Bavuma (c), Quinton de Kock, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klassen, George Linde, Sisanda Magala, Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie Van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Lizaad Williams, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaiyne Pretorious.

Who would you select from that lot to play in the T20! series?

Jun 23, 2021, 04:49

There's some flaky ones in that lot, I'd like to see Linde get a run as well as Wiaan Mulder instead of Pretorius or Phulekwayo.

Temba Bavuma (c), Quinton de Kock, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klassen, George Linde, Sisanda Magala, Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie Van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Lizaad Williams, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaiyne Pretorious

Jun 23, 2021, 09:01

I agree with you as  to the above - but what the starting team would look like is likely to be a joke in bad taste,  

Jun 23, 2021, 12:22

Did you have a look at Wiaan Mulder's bowling figures?  Oustanding!

Jun 24, 2021, 18:09

Denny

I have - but he is not in the shorter version squad,   Normal  balls-up by the selectors.       

Jun 25, 2021, 13:29

Denny

I saw a headline in News 24 that Wiaan  Muldeer replaced Pretorius in the T20I squad,.   

Jun 25, 2021, 13:50

Commonsense prevails....happy days:)

ps I wonder if Kyle is going to get a run?

Jun 25, 2021, 15:30

The selection will be between  Klaasen and Verreynne.     My guess is stupidity will prevail and Klaasen selected.

Bavuma will definitely play and bat at 3  - so I am not sure I really want to see another loss..     

Jun 25, 2021, 16:08

Klaasen and Verreynne." ...again, commonsense will suggest no contest.:'(

Jun 27, 2021, 07:23

Denny

See what I meant when reading about the first T20I comments,    Idiots reign supreme in selection.   .   

Jun 28, 2021, 06:57

You're not wrong.....Boucher is clueless when making selections.

Jun 28, 2021, 12:21

Did you see this...

" the Proteas’ bowlers, led by spinners George Linde – who was made player of the match for his figures of 2-19 in four overs..."

I like him, think he could be just what the Proteas need in the middle order.

Jun 28, 2021, 12:42

I think Linde is a reasonable bowler - but  in both innings he failed in the two T20I's0 as a batsman.  May be a better option than Shamsi though,   

Jun 28, 2021, 12:48

Ja, ......he needs to come good with the bat, much rather he's a batting allrounder.

Jun 28, 2021, 15:32

‘I wonder if Kyle is going to get a run’…..what he’s playing rugby now? Or are you literally speculating that he is probably going to make a duck. A bit harsh.

Jun 29, 2021, 08:15

Verreynne cannot be selected  ahead of  Mozart's hero Klaasen.   Why not go the whole hog  and replace  De Kock with Klaasen and also bring in  Phehlukkwasyo to replace Klaasen in the batting line-up.   That would be exactly in line  with what Mozart has been advocating in the past - so we must go with that very individual supporting Boucher idiocy,    

The fact is that  Klaasen made 18 runs in total in  two innings played and  he now assumes that Verreynne would be worse? 

Jun 29, 2021, 18:06

Okay find the post where I advocated Phehlukwayo….if that’s ‘exactly what I have been advocating’

Jun 30, 2021, 12:27

Older players over younger ones and experience over actual performance  - that is normally all you base your arguments on.     

Jun 30, 2021, 16:57

Just as I thought.

Jul 01, 2021, 11:44

Can you actually think when dealing with sporting issues?

You need to Log in to reply.