You need to LOG IN to reply.

Proeas - Another disaster

Forum » Cricket » Proeas - Another disaster

Feb 21, 2019, 10:38

Here we go again - I wrote extensively about this previously.   The score is 15/3 and the following are out:-

*    Elgar          -     6 runs  from 13 balls

*    Amla          -     0 - first ball

*    Bavuma      -     0  from 2 balls

I repeatedly warned that Amla and Elgar should not be in the team - but they still are.   Players cannot remain in teams based on reputation - performance is essential.

Feb 21, 2019, 11:38

Yessss Mike....

We know.....

I've just checked your cricket posts...

Why do you never post a new thread when something good happens?

You are an old misery. And like my 91yr old grandmother who I love dearly... you love to complain about everything.

Feb 21, 2019, 11:42

And its Proteas... not proeas!

Feb 21, 2019, 11:53

Chippo

There has been very little to be optimistic about in the Proteas team recently.   Problem is the team is under-performing and I am afraid it is always the same players who let them down.

The other problem I have is the fact that the orcs are always attacking their pet hate players without regard to performance - just watch out what the main orc writes.   I am just getting a bit of revenge by putting their lunatic approach back into perspective.       

Feb 21, 2019, 12:12

Faf is also out - but at least he scored 25 runs, 

All of Elgar, Amla and now Faf have been clean-bowled and Bavuma ran himself out.   Pathetic.

Now the hope for a reasonable score in the first innings rests entirely on the shoulders of Markram (already on 37 runs),  De Kock and Mulder.  All three has been under constant attack by the orcs.    

Feb 21, 2019, 12:18

Chippo

I should rather have left the "r" and the "a" out as well  - it would give an exact description of the team performance thus far.  :D:D:D

Feb 21, 2019, 13:30

Markram is out LBW - 60 runs from 116 balls.   Orcs start the attack on Markram  now.  

Score  -    130 for 5

Feb 21, 2019, 13:30

Markram is out LBW - 60 runs from 116 balls.   Orcs start the attack on Markram  now.  

Score  -    130 for 5

Feb 21, 2019, 15:35

Now the orcs  have a field day - De Kock only scored 86 runs from 87 balls.   Go BSters go.   

Feb 22, 2019, 10:44

I think you were way too harsh on the guys here Mike

This wicket is definitely not the easiest to bat on, as can be seen by the amount of wickets to have already fallen in the first day and a half alone

Feb 22, 2019, 12:41

AD

I may be too severe - but I think the batting was not really influenced by the pitch.   In the case of the Durban test -

*    the bowlers claimed that they had to work very hard to get wickets; and

*    even though Philander could not bowl on the final day of the test - which made the bowlers task more difficult; but

*    how come did du Pleassis, De Kock and ultimately Perera scored huge runs in the test?

In the present test in the first innings -

*    Markram made 60 runs; and

*    De Kock made 86 runs from 87 balls

In the present series the poor scoring of Elgar and Amla is a serious problem:-

Elgar  runs   -    0 + 35 +  6  +  2   -   43    =   average 10,75

Amla            -   3 + 16 +  0  +  32 -    51    =   average  12,75

Sorry - but I am not happy with the batting of those two players. 

Feb 22, 2019, 13:38

24 wickets down in the first 1.5 days

Tells me that ain't no easy wicket Mike, barring some stupid shots, this is a tricky one to bat on

Feb 22, 2019, 14:37

DA

The difference is that a good batsman can do well on the wicket and don't tell me that averages of 10,75 and 12,75 are reflecting good batsmen at work.

Feb 22, 2019, 15:04

Mike

I am not going to argue with you

27 wickets down now, and the 2nd day is not even over yet...… that clearly tells me that there is something up here...… Not all these batsman from both these teams are that continuously stupid or that bad

If you believe so, cool

Feb 22, 2019, 17:18

I listen to the commentators and they said repeatedly their is nothing wrong with the pitch.   There is one thin wrong though and that is when De Kock fails in making runs - the team falls apart.  

Feb 22, 2019, 17:18

I listen to the commentators and they said repeatedly their is nothing wrong with the pitch.   There is one thin wrong though and that is when De Kock fails in making runs - the team falls apart.  

Feb 22, 2019, 19:19

Yes that's really logical when the 4 or 5 top order batsmen are out before Quintie faces a ball. Dumb and then Pervert Dumb.

De Kock has found some decent form in his last few outings. That's good, at 26....six full years into his international career he seems to have gained some consistency.

We need de Kock to be firing at the WC. The flaws remain but in the right circumstances he can be an important player. We also need Amla to fully find his feet......Faf to remain a rock, and AB to relent.

Logically this team has almost zero chance of winning the WC. But it's a knockout format and we have the pedigree to be in the mix if our best players are in form.

It's good to see de Kock seems to be in a good place.

Feb 22, 2019, 19:59

Sorry - too many dreams that will not happen,   AB will not agree to return and if he does will he be the AB we used to know.   There is no way Amla will get over his present problems and he has been going backwards badly in the past year.   Even in the few games where he made good scores - the Proteas lost the games and besides that his performances in play-off games in 2011 and 2015 were very poor - can he take the stress associated with such games.

Wish they could convince Rossouw to come back and play for the Proteas again - but or the rest I would bring in Van der Dussen in the starting line-up.        

You need to Log in to reply.