Proteas now raanked at 7 in the world

Forum » Cricket » Proteas now raanked at 7 in the world

May 17, 2021, 14:44

I think that ranking is not the worst yet - the worst was 8 before Sri Lanka sent a poor team to play SA last year.   

Now Proteas are going to the Windies for a two test series and it is clear they may  soon be below Zimbabwe in the rankings,

The only solution is that the team needs to be selected on real merit - and nobody should "own" their position in the team,   I wonder what the team going to the Windies will look like,    It is very likely that it will be a foul up too, especially if the selectors continue to select failed players.

The team that should go are -

Adrian Markram, Dean Elgar, Rassie van der Dussen, Rynhardt van Tonder,  Kyle Verreinne, Quinton de Kock, Migael Pretorius,  Maharaj, Rabada,  Nortje and Ngidi.

Backup players also in the squad should be - Rickelton, Janneman Malan, Miller, Linde, Sipamla and Bavuma

May 18, 2021, 13:57

Test squad sans AB.......Sarel Erwee makes his Test debut at age 31(32 in Nov.)

May 18, 2021, 14:27

There is no future in picking those two players - the idea should be to build a team for up to a decade and they will not last long anyway,     

May 18, 2021, 19:12

Denny 

De Villiers will not play for SA again - he said  his retirement was final and that remains so.

I saw the  squads  and all  the junk players are still in the squad  - will they never learn?   Rhe squads is listed om that article.  

AB not in Proteas squad for West Indies, Cricket SA confirm his retirement is 'final' | Sport (news24.com)

May 19, 2021, 04:29

Here are the squads for the Windies and Irish series:-

Protea squad for the West Indies  -  Test  Squad

Dean Elgar (captain), Temba Bavuma (vice-captain), Quinton de Kock, Sarel Erwee, Beuran Hendricks.  George Linde, Keshav Mahara, Lungi Ngidi, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Anrich Nortj, Keegan Peterson, Kagiso Rabada, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lizaad Williams., Prenelan Subrayen, Marco Jansen

Protea squad for the West Indies  -  T20I  Squad

Temba Bavuma (captain), Quinton de Kock, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, George Linde, Sisanda Magala, Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, David Miller), Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Andile Phehlukwayo., Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne. Lizaad Williams

Protea squad for Irelamd 

Temba Bavuma (captain), Quinton de Kock, Bjorn Fortuins, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen), George Linde,, Sisanda Magala, Keshav Maharaj, Janneman Mala, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje), Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Lizaad Williams

This is just  a  repeat of the same shit selections that cost us recent series and  ine really wiobnders when these idiots start learning:-

*    5  spinners in the  test squad for the West Indires - does these idiots  know the difference between  India and the West  Indies?

*     Poor Verreinne is a back-up  for Quinton - so no game time for him.

*     Failed players abound   -   I am not even going to make a list of  them

*     the batting  line-ups will be putrid 

There is a small  chance  this lot will beat Ireland  -   Wionies no chance.       .  ,            

May 19, 2021, 06:47

"This is just  a  repeat of the same shit selections...."

Yep!

Duds....

Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, Sisanda Magala,  Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lizaad Williams, Beuran Hendricks(super Dud).

I believe David Miller is a serial underperformer.......I mean how many WC's has he played and if anyone can remember the impression he's made then I'd like to know.

May 19, 2021, 13:50

Just one consolation - they left out Smuts and Van Biljon.    Disaster in return - Elgar and Bavuma as captains.   

You need to Log in to reply.