South Africa  beat Sri-Lanka easily 

Afghanistan beat Pakistan - narrow win

25 May 2019  

New Zealand beat India eaqsily

Australia beat England - narrow win.

26 May 2019

Rain caused no result situation.

May 26, 2019, 15:37

The games to be played today has been interrupted by rain.

The game between the Windies and the Proteas actually started and thus far lasted for 9.3 overs.

Of the 58 balls bowled the score was as follows:-

Amla       =   33 from 36 balls  - strike rate -91.67

De Kock =   21 from 19 balls  -  strike rate 110,53

Extras     =     6  (4 wides and 2 leg byes)   

The problem is that Amla is hogging the ball and is not allowing De Kock - the faster batsman - to face enough balls. 

The other warm-up game between Pakistan and Bangla Desh never started,

May 26, 2019, 23:43

Sweet Jesus Mike. A strike rate of 91 by amla is hardly slow. You are so fucking stubborn man.

Let go of your old man ways. You remind me if my grandma who still doesn't like Kallis because he didn't sign my autograph when I was 8.

May 27, 2019, 04:27

Amla 51 from 46 balls.....1.109 per ball.

De Kock 37 from30 balls....1.23 per ball.

What scoring rate by Amla would make you happy Mike.

May 27, 2019, 06:55

You know, I'm happy to concede that I was wrong about Amla, if it had been left to me he would not have been part of the squad. Unlike most on here I don't have an obsession with being right and happy to concede when wrong.....it's only human after all. Sure they're only warm up games hence no pressure but Amla has shown enough to convince me that a new younger bat would not have done better.

May 27, 2019, 08:38

Mozart

The score I posted was made after 9.3 overs  - apparently they played another 3 overs after that.   I am happy with the revised rate - but also not happy with the fact that Amla faced virtually two-thirds of the balls bowled at a 13% .lower strike rate than  De Kock.

I looked at the game for the 9.3 overs and was not happy with the inability of Amla to get strike turnovers going by his  inability to score single runs during overs.    

He hit a lot of fours in the first ten overs and it is not clear whether that would not be blocked off during the rest of the game.          

You need to Log in to reply.