SA Players on IPL Auction list

Forum » Cricket » SA Players on IPL Auction list

Feb 02, 2022, 13:51

Originally there were over 1200 players nominated to participate in the auction.  Based on comments from the 10 Franchises this list has now been reduced to 590 participants.  The total number of players to participate in the IPL are 270 players of which 30 players have been retained.  In other words bids will be made on 240 players.

Here is a list of SA players that will be part of the auction:-

Quinton de Kock, Faf du Plessis, Kagiso Rabada, David Miller, Imran Tahir, Dewald Brevis, Aiden Markram, Marco Jansen, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, Dwaine Pretorius, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Janneman Malan, Rilee Rossouw, Marchant de Lange, Zubayr Hamza, Ryan Rickelton, Wayne Parnell, Daryn Dupavillon, Sisanda Magala, Nandre Burger, Donavon Ferreira, Gerald Coetzee, Migael Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Corbin Bosch, Ottniel Baartman, Khwezi Gumede, Duan Jansen, Beyers Swanepoel, Johan van Dyk.

There are three important role players in SA who are consulted by the franchises as to bidding and those are Kallis, Kirsten and Donald.   I have identified and highlighted 8  youngsters whose success would be influenced by the comments of the 3 mentioned experts.   An interesting inclusion is Brevis.      

The following players were in the teams in recent years - but were poor in performance and rarely or even never used:-

Lungi Ngidi, Davud Miller, Imran Tahir, Tabrais Shamsi, Keshav Maharaj,  Dwaine Pretorius, Rilee Rossouw,  Heinrich Klaasen, Marchant de Lange, and Wayne Parnell.    

The chances of these players being bid on is remote.

There is no chance that the following players will attract bids:-

Zubyar  Hamza, Wayne Parnell, Daryn Dupavillon, Sisanda Magala, Nandre Burger, Andile Phehlukwayo, Corbin Bosch, Ottniel Baartman and Kwazi Gumede  

I provide the list for members  who may be interested in watching the bidding on 12 and 13 February 2022.   

Feb 12, 2022, 09:40

The marques Set

In this set there were 3 SA Players, namely - 

Kagiso Rabada   -   Punjab               9,25 crore   =     R18 500 000

Faf du Plessis     -   Bengalore          7,00  crore  =     R14 000 000

Quinton de Kock -   Lucknow          6,75 crore   =     R13 500 000

Kagiso Rabada iused to earn 14 crore at Delhi - so he is cheaper by 4,74 crore.   Du Plessis used to be 3,25 crore at Chennai - so he gained 3,75 crore.    De Kock used to earn 2,8 crore at Mumbai - he is up by 3,85 crore

Set 1 Batsmen

Only SA Player included was David Miller   - UNSOLD

I marked Miller down as not getting a bid and was correct at that.

He is not alone - Steve Smith and Suresh Raina were also unsold 

Next set

Imran Tahir - as expected UNSOLD

Dewald Brevis   -  Mumbai                3 crore  =      R6 000 000

This is more than they paid De Kock when he played for Mumbai - Baby AB is making a hll of a name for himself..  

Feb 12, 2022, 18:30

Day 1 Summary 

Only 6 SA Players came under the hammer today with the following results:

SOLD   

Kagiso Rabada   -   Punjab               9,25 crore   =     R18 500 000

Faf du Plessis     -   Bengalore          7,00  crore  =     R14 000 000

Quinton de Kock -   Lucknow          6,75 crore   =     R13 500 000

Dewald Brevis   -  Mumbai              3,00 crore  =      R6 000 000

UNSOLD

David Miller

Imran Tahir

Day 2  Summary

Adrian Markram  - Hyderabad         2,6 crore    =      R5 200 000

Marco Jacnsen      -  Hyderabad         4.6 crore     =     R9 200  000

Dwaine  Pretorius - Chennai             0,50 crore  =     R1 000 000

UNSOLD   

Lungi Ngidi

Tabraiz Shamsi

Rassie van der Dussen

Duan Jansen

Gerald Coetzee

Final Set  Day 2

David Miller                      Gujarat              3 crore       =       R6 000 000

Lungi Ngidi                        Delhi                 0,50 crore  =      R1 000 000

Rassie van der Dussen      Rajastan             1 crore       =      R2 000 000

This is now the final list of the SA players bid on at the auction:-

*      10 players in the end were sold;

*        4 players in the end were  unsold,

*        Nobpdy wanted the other 19 players to be bid on.

With Nortje be retained there will be 11 players from SA in the IPL in the following teams:-

*      Delhi              -       2        Anrich Nortje/Lungi Ngidi

*     Hyderabad       -       2       Adrian Markram/Marco Jansen

*      Lucknow                          Quinton de Kock 

*      Punjab                               Kagiso Rabada

*      Bengalore                         Faf du Plessis

*      Mumbai                            Dewald Brevis

*      Chennai                            Dwaine Pretorius

*      Rajastan                            Rassie van der Dussen

*      Gujarat                              David Miller

Colcutta has not had any SA players since Kallis ended his involvement with them.   

Feb 13, 2022, 10:39

In the original thread I highlighted the players I think would be sold - so far I have got 6 out of 6 correct in getting bids - and 4 players whom I said would not get bids did not get bids.    

I was wrong about Van der Dussen  though - there were no bids on jim - think the Indians do not think he is good enough to invest in at his age.   

Feb 13, 2022, 13:04

Of the 33 SA players only 12 were thus far raised for bidding - 7 have been sold and 6 were unsold.   

Now the situation has been reached  that each of the ten teams will submit a list of between 5 and 7 players  to be dealt with in the auction.  Unless the 21 SA Players are on any of the lists submitted they will not be bid on at all.    

That list has nor been completed - and each team can now submit 2 players they would like to see going under the hammer as part of the auction.    

Interesting enough there are still 24 vacancies for overseas players and one would imagine that the players submitted would largely be from overseas countries.   

So far there were 2 SA players being brought back and sold (Miller and Ngidi) and two other SA players submitted - but not sold.   Van der Dussen is still missing out,   

Twelve further players will come under the hammer - since 2 teams has reached their maximum number of players and two teams have exhausted their budgets.   So will the final 12 players include Van der Dussen?.  It in fact did,       

Feb 14, 2022, 18:08

Duplication     

Feb 14, 2022, 18:08

Denny

It took me two days of constant attention to get the above info - it was not easy to keep tap of what was happening - since nobody knew when SA players names will come up in the auction.   Some players were lucky they were not totally out after missing to be bid on initially - at least that was the case when the players on the list were all considered,   Each team was  then asked to name 5 - 7  players to be brought back for consideration and Miller and Ngidi was then under the hammer again - while Van der Dussen was still absent.   

Since some teams need some extra players - 6 of the teams were asked to name two player each to be bid on - 2 teams already had a maxim of 25 players and two teams spent all the money they had available.  That means a list of 12 players and on that list was Van der Dussen, Duan Jansen and  Coetzee.  Only then was van der Dussen bought - but the other two did not get a bid.

No one knows who nominated Jansen and Coetzee and in the end did not buy them.   One can only assume that they are on standby for the teams who named them.    

The rest of the SA players - all 17 of them is so hopeless that they are not regarded as acceptable on club level.   One can say whatever one wishes - but the Indians know their cricket and would not spend millions on poor players,  

Hope it was some help to see in games what SA players perform like.   I was delighted Baby AB was bought by Mumbai.   Hope they give him game time - if they do and he does well his value would soon be over 10 crore - in other words in the R20 million range.                    .     

Feb 15, 2022, 02:45

Mike

Tx. Happy to see the two young guns(Brevis and Jansen) pick up some pocket money at a young age and I hope the early financial success is a positive with regards to their long term careers. Also glad to see Dassie pick up a contract, boy he's put in a huge effort being well aware that time isn't on his side. How on earth Pretorius landed a contract is unbelievable but good luck to him. As for the rest of the SAFFAS it makes sense that they weren't contracted, if I'm not mistaken Shamsi went unsold?

Brevis making an appearance at a mere 18 years of age on the world stage is mighty brave.....I can't wait for the magic of seeing him out there in the middle. Are we about to witness the next big thing in cricket???.....who knows only time will tell.

Feb 15, 2022, 04:57

Denny

By the way Brevis played his first Provincial match for the Titans and made 46 runs off 30 balls - which helped to ensure n easy win for them.   In the end he was not out and was credited with the major contribution to the win.

I thought if there were interest in Brevis it would be from Bengalore.   They were obviously involved in the bidding - but in the end the war was won by Mumbai - who was also trying to retain De Kock - but the bid was won by Lucknow.at a cost over twice what Mumbai used to pay him.   Mumbai also unsuccessfully bid on Jansen.   

If Brevis and Jansen did their work well they will soon be where AB used to bein the IPL  in batting and Nortje is in bowling.   In two years  the latter went from R1 million to R15 million in earnings at the IPL.    

Feb 15, 2022, 06:33

"Mumbai also unsuccessfully bid on Jacobs."

Who is Jacobs?  

Feb 15, 2022, 16:57

Sorry Denny = my mistake - Jansen 

Feb 15, 2022, 18:25

Thanks for the updates CM.

Watched a bit of the auction on Sunday night but found it very boring and fell asleep and missed most of it.

Appreciate your effort.

Feb 16, 2022, 14:43

I had tp sit through 2 days of boredom to get the above info right.   

Feb 16, 2022, 14:43

I had tp sit through 2 days of boredom to get the above info right.   

Feb 28, 2022, 13:56

Kyle Verreynne was one of the players who did not get a bid at the IPL - and some teams still have vacancies - also for foreign players.   It is likely that after the way he hit sixes and fours in the test he will get a call-up from one of the IPL teams to play for them.  My guess is it might be Rajasthan or Mumbai - but there are others who may be interested.     

Feb 28, 2022, 18:18

Good luck to Verreynne boy did he bat well in the second innings  trust he will be picked up and rewarded handsomely.

You need to Log in to reply.