SA T20 competition -first six matches

Forum » Cricket » SA T20 competition -first six matches

Feb 22, 2021, 07:51

I watched the 6 matches played thus far and not one of the youngsters punted by Dave, me and others in the past as batsmen has not disgraced themselves.  Here I talk in particular of Roelofsen nd Riclkelton.  Quishilke was the only batsmen that showed class from the younger group.

Some players like Van Tonder, Malan and Mulder has not played at all - so they are not in the picture at all.   

Of the All-rounders M Pretorius showed real class in both bowling and batting - Andile was injured after a poor show (probably a fat tear -and Wayne Pretorius was so-so.

The best bowlers on display was Nortje and Ngidi - with Rabada also doing well.  Sipamla showed promise as well,.      

Feb 22, 2021, 08:46

Erwee? He hits it well.

Markram was a failure...again. Elgar too.

There was some good power-hitting at stages. Didn't see a score over 180 though and growing less sure that the powerplay is as important as is believed.

How important is the PP?

Feb 22, 2021, 16:26

Plum

Yes -  Markram was up and down in the games he played in.   

I was very impressed with the performance of  Van Tonder in the game this morning,   I still think he has a better chance of becoming the Protea captain than Markram has.   If he did not hacve that injury he would have been in the test side already.  

He is an absolute certainty to replace Du Plessis in the the side anyway. 

Feb 22, 2021, 22:30

That Mothoa is the biggest insult of a bowler I have seen in ages

He literally chucks the ball

You need to Log in to reply.