You need to LOG IN to reply.

SOS for AB de Villiers

Forum » Cricket » SOS for AB de Villiers

Jan 28, 2019, 03:00

We simply don't have enough batting class. Amla is a rock of late and Faf is good for a score most days. But the rest are inconsistent and exposed by movement....starting with Miller and de Kock, who as veterans should be coming through for the team.

AB may not be the player of 5 years ago, but he is still a giant by comparison. Get him to agree a limited stint through the WC....he has a long time to be retired.

Jan 28, 2019, 05:44

Now you're talking, I've been thinking about it for a while now. It's a damn pity that arguably one of the greatest exponents of the modern game is available to help his country and all it needs is for someone to show some initiative and ask him back just for the WC. The Proteas would be wasting their time going to the WC with a rag tag lot who don't know a cricket bat from a tennis racquet. That a near 38yr past his best is still the rock in the team is a crying shame and sums up where they at as far as batsmen are concerned.

Expect he of the moral high ground to rush in and gush how ethically wrong it would be.....nyaah nyaaah nyaaah :O

Over and out.

Jan 28, 2019, 18:46

It's too obvious Denny and this Pakistan series is a big wake-up call. If we can't beat a team with the 7th best bowling attack at home....how can we do well at the WC?

Jan 29, 2019, 12:16

Let's be honest, they have'nt a snowball's chance in hell of winning the WC with or without AB but at least he'll disguise the shocking state of the batting.

If it was my call I'd flick at least 4 or 5 and start afresh with new blood. Beauden Hendricks, Reeza Hendricks, Shamsi, Dane Paterson and the serial choker, Millar. Age and inexperience gets  Foolaquela a stay but geez he's promised so much and has been given every opportunity.....right now he's a poor apology of an allrounder.

You need to Log in to reply.