Squad for the 3 Game ODI series against Australia

Forum » Cricket » Squad for the 3 Game ODI series against Australia

Feb 26, 2020, 15:43

Batsmen

Quinton de Kock (c), Temba Bavuma, David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen, Janneman Malan, Kyle Verreynne

Bowlers

Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi, Beuran Hendricks, Anrich Nortje, Lutho Sipamla, Keshav Maharaj, 

All-Rounders

Andile Phehlukwayo, Jon-Jon Smuts

The selectors have opted to give further rest to Faf du Plessis and other senior players such as Rassie van der Dussen and Dwaine Pretorius, while giving themselves an opportunity to see what some of the country’s up and coming talents have to offer.

I can understand why they are resting Van der Dussen and even Pretorius - but why Du Plessis is being rested is another question.  He was a batting disaster thus far this year and already being relieved of the captaincy, Are they phasing out Du Pessis slowly and by stealth?

I highlighted the players who should never have been in the squad anyway,     

The series starts on Saturday 3 March 2020 in Paarl,    My guess is that tthe first ODI will include the following players:-

Janneman Malan,  De Kock, Bavuma (if fit), Verreyne, Klaasen, Miller, Phehlukwayo,Rabada, Shamsi, Ngidi, Nortje

If Bavuma is still out with an injury they may call up another player or use Smuts batting at 6,

You need to Log in to reply.