Squad unchanged for final two tests

Forum » Cricket » Squad unchanged for final two tests

Jan 12, 2020, 11:46

That’s very unfortunate as I was hoping Boucher would have a hand in adding some better youngsters to the squad

Given the squad let’s hope we see the back of useless Pretorious and let’s give Andile an extended run as our all rounder

Jan 13, 2020, 11:00

Dave

I do not think that Graerme Smith and Mark Boucher  have any say in squad selection and that is where the whole story will get sabotaged,   There should not be any Selection Committee - selection should be left to the Director of Cricket and the Head Coach.   That is what helped Erasmus to carry the Springboks through to World Championship status.

Jan 13, 2020, 12:44

Well then it’s time for Smith to be counted and he needs to change the selection policy.

No coach should ever have to coach a squad he does not have 100% say in

Jan 15, 2020, 15:01

Smith only took the job on the pretense that he was able to make selections.

Doubt what clevermike says is true (as usual)

Jan 15, 2020, 17:01

Chippo

I may be wrong - but neither Smith nor Boucher is members  of the selection committee.   So they may make inputs - but the final say is not theirs,   

Jan 15, 2020, 17:01

Chippo

I may be wrong - but neither Smith nor Boucher are members  of the selection committee.   So they may make inputs - but the final say is not theirs.      

Jan 15, 2020, 17:06

Saffex, any word on this?

Jan 15, 2020, 19:44

They tried really hard to get Smith on board, so I suspect his input will weigh quite a bit. He'll probably have the last say about selection within certain parameters.

Jan 15, 2020, 19:53

Nope have no idea

Just can’t imagine Boucher ever being happy with no say in the make up of his side

Jan 18, 2020, 12:24

After the pending fiasco in this test they should dissolve the squad and just call up a totally new  set of batsmen to be captained by De Kock,  

Jan 18, 2020, 19:14

'Captained by de Kock'.......you can't be serious.....that's even funnier than de Kock trying to solve the Rubix cube.

Jan 18, 2020, 20:50

No Bavuma for Captain.

Let us stay on course with losing.

What a great following SA sport will have with a Rugby and Cricket Captain of color and Quotas.

No idea where the sponsorship cash is going to come from as both ESCOM and SAA are bankrupt.

Best to follow old McApe's plan from Zimboland and just print the money.

One disaster after another.

You need to Log in to reply.