You need to LOG IN to reply.

Steve Smith lies again

Forum » Cricket » Steve Smith lies again

Dec 21, 2018, 17:31

Smith reckons that Newlands was the only ball tampering incident that he knew of. 

How convenient. The one time you're caught is the only time you were doing it.

All the way through the Ashes and earlier Australia were somehow achieving very early reverse swing. Not once since the ball tampering mess have they managed such early reverse again.

None of the bowlers took any heat. They just thought they were the best exponents of reverse swing history. Nobody else though it a bit weird that that ball was reversing writhing 25 overs. Yeah. Totally believable.

Everyone in the team knew about it. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25585185/steven-smith-opens-newlands-leadership-failure

Dec 21, 2018, 20:22

Plum

He would never admit that under his captaincy Australian Cricket was turned from a gentlemen's game to a crooked game - so I share your viewpoint in this case.   They are not regretting what they did - they are regretting that they were so stupid to get caught out,

Plum

He would never admit that under his captaincy Australian Cricket was turned from a gentlemen's game to a crooked game - so I share your viewpoint in this case.   They are not regretting what they did - they are regretting that they were so stupid to get caught out,

Plum

Dec 23, 2018, 04:38

Gosh Mike, you've posted the same message three times hahahaha

You must be sure of yourself then, just as sure when you stated that Hazlewood, Cummins and Lyons were sub standard bowlers.

Jan 07, 2019, 15:47

Smith speaking absolute shyte

Most pundits reckon that ball has never ever moved as much as it did in that particular ashes series.

Ex players and commentators have all reckoned that that is the best / worst swinging of the ball that they had ever seen ever, in any ashes series

Then not long after that they are caught manipulating the ball

LMAO...… sure sure, it was their first time

Jan 07, 2019, 16:01

Denny

Please remind me abut when I said Cummins and Hazlewood are sub-standard bowlers?    I agree - I do not rate Lyon as being a stand-out spin bowler..   However, I do rate Cummins as the best bowler in Australia - even better than Mitchell Starc.   I would rate Hazlewood as the third Aussie best  bowler. in the team.

You need to Log in to reply.