The future of SA Cricket lies in the 30 year-olds Madness

Forum » Cricket » The future of SA Cricket lies in the 30 year-olds Madness

Feb 09, 2020, 09:33

The following players are in the T20I squad:-

Quinton de Kock (captain, Titans), Reeza Hendricks (Lions), Temba Bavuma (Lions), Rassie van der Dussen (Lions), David Miller (Dolphins), Pite van Biljon (Knights), Dwaine Pretorius (Lions), Andile Phehlukwayo (Dolphins), Jon-Jon Smuts (Warriors), Beuran Hendricks (Lions), Tabraiz Shamsi (Titans), Lungi Ngidi (Titans), Sisanda Magala (Warriors), Bjorn Fortuin (Lions), Dale Steyn (Titans), Heinrich Klaasen (Titans). 

If Smith and Boucher has any hand in these lunatic selections - which I doubt - they are the wrong appointees by SA Cricket.   

Feb 10, 2020, 10:59

The first game in the series is on Wednesday and the squad is in fact BS in capital letters:-

Batsmen

Reeza Hendriks, Van Biljon, Smuts, Klaasen.

Where is J Malan and Verreyne - who were in the ODI squad - but never used,   Why are they not in the squad, 

Bowlers 

Hendriks, Ngidi.

Where is Rabada, Nortje and Sipamla? 

Duplicate

Duplicate

Duplicate

Feb 10, 2020, 19:19

So they select a 29 year old fattie bowler and a 33 year old bat as the new debutants in the squad

How pathetic

By now Boucher and Smith must have a say in the selections so clearly they seem as clueless as their predecessors

If they do not have a hand in selecting the squad then they need to grow a pair and demand a change

Feb 11, 2020, 11:58

Dave

Or meet a day or two  with Erasmus and learn from him what to do in such circumstances.  

Feb 11, 2020, 15:26

There is something seriously wrong with our cricket and the people making these selections

I can’t be bothered to even watch anymore.

I recorded the last ODI watched us batting then deleted the match as I had a mate at the ground telling me our bowlers were getting hammered

Feb 11, 2020, 16:56

No ways that Smith and Bouch would risk their reputations on regular and constant shitty decisions....

I reckon they will have some long term planning in place.... but the major concern in just how much say they do both have.... but that would surely have been on top of the agenda before even taking up these positions within cricket SA....

My honest opinion, I would rate this duo working together, as on par, if not better, with Rassie, regarding the thought process and experience.. behind the game....

Give them a decent chance

Feb 11, 2020, 17:05

The next ODI series against Australia is coming up soon and  we will be in deep sh!t if this kind of rubbish is continuing,  

Duplicate

Duplicate

Feb 11, 2020, 20:23

Well Smith and Bouch best act fast as their reputations are hanging on by a thread and it’s simply down to squad selections which have been pretty pathetic and getting worse as each squad is selected

The T20 squad is insulting

Feb 12, 2020, 10:08

Fair call Dave

I wish we really did know what was happening behind the scenes, because anyway you look at it right now, with what has all happened with cricket SA, the corruption, Standard Bank pulling out etc etc..... nothing can be good at the moment

Feb 13, 2020, 08:15

They beat England by 1 run in the first T20I,

How that team won heaven alone knows.   The team consisted of -

*    4  batmen of whom 3 made good runs at an acceptable pace;

*    3  all-rounders of whom 2 failed badly

*    4  bowlers of  whom 2 failed.

What they do with players like Beuren Hendriks, Smuts and Pretorius in the squad remains an unexplained joke.  

Feb 13, 2020, 12:51

JJ Smuts is an Old Graemian and we get very few guys representing SA given how small the school is but I have to admit, he is pretty average and fuck me is 31 for crying out loud

Shows how much de Kock has absolutely no faith in Pretorious given he was not given a single over to bowl

Bavuma once again showcased what a talent he is - why has he failed so at test level - has no flaws in his batting

Sooo disappointing

Feb 13, 2020, 17:59

The Poms were careless....Roy and Morgan were set to win the match and their hubris got the better of them.

You need to Log in to reply.