You need to LOG IN to reply.

The pitch at the Adelaide Oval.......

Forum » Cricket » The pitch at the Adelaide Oval.......

Nov 09, 2018, 03:21

will present a very different challenge to what the Proteas experienced at the WACA where they had the better of the conditions. A usually lively pitch in the first hour or so but then it settles into a flat and even batting strip making it batsmen friendly. Known to spin in a five-day test it's going to be interesting to see what the Curator has prepared for a one-dayer. Our Maharaj would enjoy the conditions but I'm not sure if he's part of the touring group, that said I wonder why Gibson persists with the club standard, Shamsi. 

Once again the coin toss is of vital importance.

Nov 09, 2018, 07:47

On the plus side, Reeza looks like a quality bat Den.

Totally agree on Maharaj.

Nov 09, 2018, 07:55

Haha Oz in deep trouble now.

Will they get 200?

Steyn's economy...2.67. Even for test cricket that's good.

Is Pretorias one new Philander?

Nov 09, 2018, 08:11

And the slip further...

Nov 09, 2018, 09:00

231 all out do not look to me as being enough,   We will have to see - but 4,64 rpo do not require a really fast batting rate.

The Aussie commentators think it is a good batting strip.

It looks like the real fast bowlers go for plenty of runs.   The slower bowlers being accurate seem to be more problematic for the batsmen.      

Nov 09, 2018, 17:00

And the young guns choke again....nothing from de Kock, Markram, Reeza.....Faf and surprisingly Miller hung in there.

Pretorius looks like a plodding medium pacer who got his wickets because the batsmen got too confident. Klaasen is disappointing so far as well.

This team never wins the close ones.

Nov 09, 2018, 18:36

Mozart

Somebody should kick De Kock's backside.  He should wake up to facts and start playing the cricket we are used to from him.  Last week on a very difficult pitch he top scored.    However, when he failed - the team fails as well.

As to Markram he was run out because of the idiotic  Reeza.    

Nov 09, 2018, 18:45

Interesting on Reeza, the Aussie commentators actually called the pattern of his dismissal with the tentative footwork. Hope that doesn't prove to be a fatal flaw.

Nov 09, 2018, 21:39

Reeza  is tripe - I watch local cricket fairly carefully and he is tripe

Nov 11, 2018, 02:59

Interesting on Reeza, the Aussie commentators actually called the pattern of his dismissal with the tentative footwork. Hope that doesn't prove to be a fatal flaw. 

Well, it is. By planting his left foot smack bang on middle stump he leaves himself vulnerable to the leg-cutter or away swing let alone LBW.

Still believe if Aiden Markram gets it together one day he'll be the next best thing, here's hoping it's sooner rather than later. I'm running out of patience with De Kock and his brainless shot selections..

You need to Log in to reply.