The Proteas should

Forum » Cricket » The Proteas should

Jan 03, 2020, 13:02

feel satisfied with that session but they need to keep Pretorius out of the attack. Norje is sharp without being menacing and Rabada has found some nice shape and variation. 2 Down before lunch...I'll take it.

Jan 03, 2020, 15:26

They took another two wickets in the second session and the run rate is low.  I like Nortje - he seems to have the knack to take out top batsmen - this time it was Root.

Stokers look meaning though.

Pretorius bowling figures is 7 overs bowled - 6 runs scored - 5 maidens.  Not really all that bad,         

Jan 03, 2020, 18:12

The score after day 1 is 262/9

Jan 03, 2020, 18:12

The score after day 1 is 262/9

Jan 03, 2020, 22:10

Good performance by the boys except for not wrapping it up at the end.

England look to have found a good youngster in Pope

Given how crap our batting has been no doubt we can expect to only match the Pom total not pass it with interest

Let’s hope we don’t see their tail wag in the morning - 280 max

Jan 03, 2020, 22:36

Maharaj is going to be a handful on day 3 - 4. They struggled like mad to get him away. 26 overs for 68 on the first day is a great effort. Got us to the new ball brilliantly. 

Pretorius did a perfect holding job for a while. Really helped to turn the screw.

Nortje send a few 150+ balls down. Ended up being too much for Stoke despite the ball being almost 60 overs old. 

Interestingly, the collapse happened after a ball change. 

Andersen and Broad are going to struggle if they don't get early wickets tomorrow. 

Might be a very very long day for the Poms. 

Jan 04, 2020, 01:04

"Pretorius bowling figures is 7 overs bowled - 6 runs scored - 5 maidens.  Not really all that bad,"

Agreed. I should have explained myself a bit better. I was referring to the morning session when he was bowling with the new ball, it's a wasted exercise, he's not going to buy you a wicket with a hard red cherry, better to use the speedsters to extract it benefits while it's still hard..

Jan 04, 2020, 15:35

He got two with the soft ball, setting up the openers to clean up with the new ball.

That's a great job.

Jan 05, 2020, 07:06

Exactly the benefit of my point.

You need to Log in to reply.