You need to LOG IN to reply.

The Protreas team for the 5th ODI with due regard to latest news

Forum » Cricket » The Protreas team for the 5th ODI with due regard to latest news

Jan 29, 2019, 12:28

I think the team is likely to be as follows:-

1    De Kock

2    Amla

3    Markram

4    Van der Dussen

5    Du Plessis

6    Miller

7    Mulder

8    Phehlukwayo

9    Steyn

10  Rabada

11  Tahir

Th above will not meet quota targets - but I believe it is panic station and they are going to select what could win matches.

Jan 29, 2019, 12:45

is that Wiaam Mulder the allrounder @ 7? Hope not!

BTW your team does not have a reliable 4th bowler.

Jan 29, 2019, 14:49

Well, considering that I don't think they have a chance in hell of winning this world cup, they probably actually do.

I say that because every other time I have given them the nod to take the world cup title for the first time, they fail dismally

Therefore I am putting it on record that this team stands absolutely no chance at all of winning this world cup..... nothing, nada, fokol.

Maybe that helps

Jan 29, 2019, 15:35

Denny

Why not - Mulder has been taking many wickets recently and made plenty of runs.   More than any of the other lot they have at present. 

Jan 29, 2019, 15:35

Denny

Why not - Mulder has been taking many wickets recently and made plenty of runs.   More than any of the other lot they have at present. 

Jan 29, 2019, 22:49

Mulder is a provincial talent, he shoulld be nowhere near the International arena.

Jan 30, 2019, 04:00

Mike, don't take this personally but after having read what some on here had to say about Mulder the wunderkind I must admit to being excited in anticipation of him making his debut. What I saw was a dinkydie bog ordinary allrounder who offered zip with the ball and even less with the bat. Sure he took a couple of wickets but lets be honest his wicket taking was not by design,  no-one bowls down legside expecting to take a wicket which is what happened. Now unless he's radically improved there isn't a lot of good that can be said of the domestic quality if he is taking lots of wickets and scoring lots of runs.

My team order for tonite's game......

1    De Kock

2    Markram

3    Van der Dussen

4    Amla

5    Du Plessis

6    Miller

7   Mulder

8    Phehlukwayo

9    Steyn

10  Rabada

11  Tahir

Jan 30, 2019, 04:07

Jan 30, 2019, 06:45

Denny

It does not bother me at all - I am not happy with the side either.   I would much rather have seen players like Viljoen, Nortje, Ngidi and Hamza in the squad than some of the others.

However, there may be some surprises in the team to be announced,   The only deductions I made came from the latest newspaper reports on the squad.   The problem is that what must be done about player replacement other than to determine who really are outstanding on provincial level and use  them in future,  That is how I see player development in future - where must replacement players come from in future if not through the provincial structures?   The younger players in the squad all came through that system and they are not as weak as they are made out to be,    

I also refer to some of the existing players on provincial level insofar as performance is concerned.    They have been comprehensively out-performed on that level in provincial matches  and in the Mzanzi series by some newbies who are now made out to be unworthy of selection,

In any event I am not happy with Amla at all and I would rather see him down the order than opening.   His record in the past ten ODI's is not really inspiring and he must bat lower down in the batting order if he is retained at all.    I am particularly worried about his ODI record and what would happen in the upcoming WC if he is to be retained.   One should never pick teams on the basis of reputation - it always leads to disaster.     

I sincerely believe that they must not make the mistake Meyer made in the 2015 RWC when the team was overloaded by non-performers = which in the main turned out to be under-performers when they actually played .  A similar situation should be avoided at all costs in the cricket scenario.           .          

You need to Log in to reply.