You need to LOG IN to reply.

The search to find...

Forum » Cricket » The search to find...

Mar 07, 2019, 01:48

a half decent Allrounder continues after ordinary displays from Phulequayo and Mulder and until one is found there'll be no choice but to turn to the ageing Philander. There are two gaps that need to be plugged, one the batting and two a competitive Allrounder. None of the three young guns have pulled out a knockout punch to claim the position as his own.

The chances of the Proteas being highly competitive at the WC rests with the #7 position.....find a good one and the team would have more than half a chance of winning the WC.

Mar 07, 2019, 02:24

Don't have one I'm afraid denny....so we will need to bias towards batting or bowling, depending on the opposition. Many of these so called all rounders can''t bat as well as Dale Steyn!

Mar 07, 2019, 09:16

Mozart

The question is will Dale Steyn be in the starting teams - his bowling figures in the Pakistan ODI series was rather atrocious.   I hope he shows something positive in the last three Sri Lanka ODI's to prove that he really belongs.

Mar 07, 2019, 09:16

You're not wrong but I reckon....

None of these so called all rounders can bat or bowl!

Mar 07, 2019, 09:21

Denny

Philander would be a reputation selection - he was poor recently and is injury prone as well.  Not  really an ODI player anymore.   The only half-decent bowler and batsman is  Chris Morris.

However, we will have to wait and see who is in the squad for the last two ODI's against Sri Lanka to come closer to what the selectors  think about the future.     

You need to Log in to reply.