The series between SA and Pakistan starts today

Forum » Cricket » The series between SA and Pakistan starts today

Apr 02, 2021, 07:08

The first ODI game will start today,   It seems as if players like De Kock, Miller, Tabafa, Nortje and Ngidi will only play in the first two ODI's and then go to India for the IPL.

I will post the selected team before the start of the match today, but one can expect as per normal some really weird selections to prevail.    

Based o present form he team to play today should e the following:-

Markram,  Malan, De Kock, Verreynne, Miller, Bavuma, Mulder, Linde, Rabada, Nortje and Ngidi,   

I would not have included Bavuma at all,  but the SAC  goats made him the captain.       

Apr 02, 2021, 09:46

The idiots  selected as expected the worst failures to play for the Proteas today.   This is the shot teams elected with all the failures against all teams in the team:-

Markram, De Kock, Bavuma, Van der Dussen, Klaasen, Miller, Phehlukwayo, Rabada, Nortje, Nigidi, Shamsi 

This is really a hopeless situation for SA - mad as hatters those selectors are..    The projected failures are high-lighted,.      

Apr 02, 2021, 12:58

Hi Mike

What are your thoughts?

Should we drop van set dussen?

His strike rate after 50 runs is only 72.

Apr 02, 2021, 17:07

Bavuma got...1.

Are we surprised? What's this guy's internation record? 

Tests...

73 innings - 32 average - 1 century

ODI...

6 innings - 55 average - 1 century

Clearly this is the record of a deserved #3 bat. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Hahaha what a joke.

Apr 02, 2021, 17:15

Best to not express an opinion on Bavuma (el Kaptein) as you might upset the Lefties and the brothers running the show.

Apr 02, 2021, 17:37

AJ, I've had my fill of it all. 

Where i once was an ally, I'm now acting as I and my family have been treated. Hiring and firing, helping or ignoring and giving or taking purely based on skin color. 

Where i would previously tip a car guard R10, I now keep it and donate it somewhere "better". Where i treated students equally, I now make a point of only helping those that I "see fit" to assist. And I'm convincing those of light hue, such as myself, to do the exact same. Surprisingly, based in the disgraceful racism of the SA government, it doesn't take much convincing.

A year ago I still cared about young POC minds being sucked in and poisoned by BLM. Now, I feel like donating to them because I feel it my duty to contribute to the net social deficit they will inevitably suffer as a result. I hope they all become good little commies, are treated as commie supporters were and suffer the very same fate as all those that previously thought marX had some good ideas.

Don't tell me your story, it's of no consequence. 

All that matters is hue. Thanks my SA brothers, for showing my the light.

Aah, the simple life.

Apr 02, 2021, 19:03

Match lost .   New captain flopped badly as expected/  Aside from the captain the worsts elections were Klaasen (1 run from 21 balls faced)   and Shamsi  (no wickets taken) and believe it or npt defective fielding by Van der Dussen  - missing a sitter catch - was in fact the difference between winning and losing,   And Andile's no-ball was the final nail in the coffin.

I would immediately replace Klaasen  with Verreynne and  Phehllukwayo with Mulder, Give Van der Dussen another chance - he is bound to fail on Sunday.       

Apr 03, 2021, 11:46

Mike, I think Phehllukwayo had a very good last 2 overs...didn't see much else of the match.

Apr 03, 2021, 11:57

The no-ball bowled by him was good?   Made me wonder,  

Apr 03, 2021, 12:17

Mike

I liked your team unfortunately for some unknown reason they chose failure. There were several players and reasons one can blame for the loss but I believe the single biggest reason as to why they lost was Klaasen's 1 run off 20 balls.

Eina!

Apr 03, 2021, 19:04

We will have to see tomorrow what happens as to team selection  but I am afraid it will be another disaster - for instance replacing Klaasen with Smuts,     

I saw a pic of  Boucher sitting in the stand  at the time of the loss, and his face looked like a threatening thunder storm is looming.              

Apr 04, 2021, 08:45

"

Phehlukwayo to Faheem, 1 run
Faheem has done it for Pakistan! A really wide delivery to end this drama and Faheem has driven that wide of a diving cover-point fielder. Some South African fielders have their hands on hips, some on their heads

Scores level, one to get off one. Miller gives some advice to the bowler, Babar has his eyes peeled in the dressing room, his team-mates can't sit still. Bavuma comes for a chat with Phehlukwayo now, de Kock has taken his right glove off. Every fielder in the circle now

Toqeer : "This is Pakistan cricket for you "

Phehlukwayo to Faheem, 2 runs
The slower ball is chipped over the bowler's head, long on and long off come in and the batsmen have enough time to return for the second

Bavuma wants a fielding change and he drops back to long-on. Mid-off goes deep as well. Fine leg comes in, third man is back

Phehlukwayo to Faheem, no run
He leaves the ball alone! Short ball outside off, it had enough width and Faheem just watched it lob into the keeper's gloves

The physio comes out for the mandatory concussion check. Faheem has taken the helmet off, the physio ha both his arms on Faheem's shoulders. Bavuma is talking to his team-mates. All good eventually and action resumes after three dots

Pings him on the helmet with a bouncer! Faheem went for the pull but Phehlukwayo, from around the wicket, bowled a really good short ball that chased the batsman. He pivots on the back foot and is hit on the side of the helmet

Two dots, three off four now

Crunches the drive off length but straight to mid-off

The only dramatic element this match is missing is some rain and DLS confusion

W
Phehlukwayo to Shadab, OUT
He's given it away with just three runs to get off six! Shadab gets a slower delivery and he goes for a big shot on the off side, gets the distance mainly for the height and van der Dussen takes it this time while running in

Shadab Khan c van der Dussen b Phehlukwayo 33 (57m 30b 2x4 1x6) SR: 110
11 from that over, Pakistan's match to lose from here. Shadab on strike

END OF OVER 49
11 runs
PAK: 271/6
CRR: 5.53 • RRR: 3.00
Need 3 from 6b
S Khan
33 (29)
F Ashraf
2 (5)
L Ngidi
10-1-65-0
A Phehlukwayo
9-0-53-1
Ngidi to Shadab, 3 runs
Gets an outside edge off the slower ball as he tries to guide it to third man, but it's gone to the keeper after a bounce and actually goes through him! They return for the second, and one of them says "aaja, aaja" for the third

Ngidi to Shadab, FOUR runs
Covers his stumps, gets a full delivery and he's crunched that drive to bisect cover and mid-off to get four useful runs!

Free hit coming up, can't change the field here. 10 off 8

1nb
Ngidi to Shadab, (no ball)
Bowled off a high full toss, he's chopped it on! South Africa are confident that's out, Shadab thinks it's a no ball, they've gone upstairs. Replays confirm it was high enough above the waist for it to be a no ball. Shadab backed away for a big shot, the full toss followed him and he get a thick outside edge that clipped the stumps and he looked at the umpires straightaway!

Ngidi to Shadab, 2 runs
Dropped at deep midwicket! The drama continues. The ball lacked pace, the swing lacked power and van der Dussen ran in some distance to get under, and he nearly got both hands to it but couldn't get to it properly

13 off 9

Ngidi to Faheem, 1 run
Outside off and it's a single down to third man

Ngidi to Faheem, no run
Misses the leg stump by a whisker! Not given a wide as Faheem misses the heave and Marais Erasmus shows how much it missed by with his thumb and index finger

Ngidi to Faheem, no run
He ducks under the short ball, all eyes on the umpire. Not given a wide, so it's one for the over

14 from 12, Pakistan wouldn't want to take it to the last ball or two

END OF OVER 48
5 runs • 1 wicket
PAK: 260/6
CRR: 5.41 • RRR: 7.00
Need 14 from 12b
F Ashraf
1 (2)
S Khan
24 (25)
A Phehlukwayo
9-0-53-1
L Ngidi
9-1-54-0
Phehlukwayo to Faheem, 1 run
He keeps the strike by driving it down the ground for one

Stays back and punches to short cover

Phehlukwayo to Shadab, 1 run
Fuller ball pushed down to long-on

Phehlukwayo to Shadab, 2 runs
Well outside off, he helps wide of third man for two

18 off 16 now. Faheem at the non-striker's end

Random Guy: "Is Pakistan pulling off an India here? Getting the match almost completely in the grasp, then letting opponents get a huge chance of victory only to comeback and win in a close manner"

W
Phehlukwayo to Rizwan, OUT
Holes out to deep midwicket, it's the big wicket of Rizwan! Was that shot required here? The short of length ball lacked pace, Rizwan went for a cross-batted heave and only got a top edge that landed in the hands of Rabada after hanging in the air for some time. The ball nearly popped out but Rabada hung on to it, and Rizwan has his arms in the air while looking at the sky

Mohammad Rizwan c Rabada b Phehlukwayo 40 (73m 52b 4x4 0x6) SR: 76.92
Csarma: "Well Anky, Pakistan can pull off a Pakistan or a South Africa!!"

Phehlukwayo to Shadab, 1 run
125kmh, not much width but enough to guide it to third man"

Not wanting to point fingers, but the 11 Ngidi conceded in the 49th was way worse than anything Phehlukwayo did in his final 2 overs...his 2 overs in the death were much better than I got used to from him.

Apr 04, 2021, 08:53

BOWLING O M R W ECON WD NB
Kagiso Rabada 10 1 51 1 5.10 1 0
Lungi Ngidi 10 1 65 0 6.50 1 1
Anrich Nortje 10 0 51 4 5.10 1 0
 Phehlukwayo 10 0 56 2 5.60 1 0
Tabraiz Shamsi 10 0 51 0 5.10 3 0

Apr 04, 2021, 08:59

Ngidi bowld the only no-ball from the South Africans....and was the most expensive of our bowlers too...

Apr 04, 2021, 09:46

So the same team for the second ODI and another loss is highly likely.

The only thing that mystifies me is how can players who fail on provincial level be expected to be   better on international level.    I think Boucher and Smith are at  fault here and cricket is rapidly going down the drain in SA. 

Another loss today would just be a continuation of the disaster that hit SA cricket two years ago and nobody has any idea about how to deal with that crisis/           

Apr 04, 2021, 12:26

Hi Mike.

Interested to know your thoughts.

Should we drop de Kock?

He only scored his first 50 off 60 balls. That’s very slow for modern cricket.

Interested to know your thoughts on this and also Rassies innings in game 1.

Should they be dropped?

Apr 04, 2021, 19:06

Not necessary - De kock is off to India and will not take part in the rest of this series,

I think that we should drop Klaasen - who was to replace De Jock as WK  and that was a failure,   Verreynne is a much better batsman and WK than Klaasen  anyway,   

I still think that Phehlukwayo is not acceptable on international level/          

Apr 04, 2021, 23:50

But Mike. don’t you think rassie should be dropped?

And I’d drop de Kock anyway. He bats too slowly.

Apr 05, 2021, 08:33

Not necessarily immediately  - but what bothered me is that his averages on provincial level is wat below that of other competing players and one wonders  how long at his age it would be before he fails like  Du Plessis and Amla  in the end did.    He is not a longer term investment in the game and I am in favor of replacing  him with a  more capable and technically better batsman like Van Tonder,     Rassie against top class bowlers is  a fearful sight to see  - for example he  failed on provincial  level when facing Nortje. Sipamla and M Pretorius in recent games.    .

Apr 07, 2021, 05:00

I’d drop Dussen....with all those high scores he’s bound to fail next time.

Apr 07, 2021, 05:25

Mozart

The age maniac at it again  and performances against a weak Pakistan bowling attack and the Sri Lankan farce  is in your book suddenly the norm,    You  apparently do not realize that  reputation selections caused the problems in SA cricket over the past three  years as measured by the ranking of the team,.   

By the way = what happened to your hero Klaasen?       1 Run from 21 balls faced in the first  ODI - after similar dud performances in Pakistan - followed by an atrocious performance in the second ODI is obviously the wise selection - he is of the right age for selection  and performance means nothing in your book and the same applies to those of Boucher and Smith,   .

You need to Log in to reply.