The suggested team for the second test against SriLanka

Forum » Cricket » The suggested team for the second test against SriLanka

Dec 29, 2020, 14:31

I was wrong about the team for the first test because I could not see the failures in the  2019 tests would succeed this time around and in the case of both Elgar and Du Plessis turned out to have improved.   I hope it lasts - but is not entirely optimistic about it.

The suggested team is as follows:-

Markham 

Elgar

Van Tonder

Du Plessis

De Kock

Bavuma

Mulder

Maharaj

Nortje

Ngidi

Sipamla

Sone notes are necessary -

*   Despite the fact that Elgar did well in betting - he remained the worst fielder in the team.   

*   Van der Dussen struggle to bat against spinners and since the  SriLanka bowling depends on slower and spin bowling he showed that he is not good in dealing with such attacks.  That is the main reason for my suggestion about Van Toner,   

*   Muller was from a bowling perspective the bowler giving away least runs from an economic perspective,  Is he the future Jacques Kallis in the team?   He is very economical from giving away runs and was the most economical bowler in the side in the first test.     

*   Ngidi was sparingly used in bowling and at the end of each bowling session be bowled he became expensive, 

*   While Rabada is not available I would keep using Sipamla as a bowler - but there is a drawback since he is very expensive against top batsman.  It must be mentioned that they used Mulder to take over from Nortje this morning and used him for 8 overs without interruption until the two top remaining batsmen of SriLanka was removed and then replaced Mulder with him. 

In the longer term I would add M Pretorius to the team and move Mulder to number 7 batsman as an all-rounder and look at changes ibn the batting order to get to a better all round squad,

One must bear in mind that injuries caused havoc in the SriLankan team and it may not be so easy  to beat them at Wanderers,

Just as a question to the experts on site - does being in the SA squad and coming on the field as a replacement fieldsman disqualify Van Tonder for playing for other countries?   

Dec 29, 2020, 18:26

Your take on Sipamla is a load of shit

He was only expensive in his first spell where nerves played a part

He took the most wickets in the test - case closed

His spell today had three 4’s edged through slip - had there been a 4th slip in place he would have had 3 wickets today

It was piss poor captaincy by de Kock bowling Mulder for 9 overs in a row, holding back on Sipamla who was the leading wicket taker in the first innings

It’s why de Kock should not be the captain

Mulder looks useful enough as your 5th bowler and should be treated as such

Shocking captaincy

Is Rabada definitely not available?

Definitely van Tonder for average Rassie

Dec 29, 2020, 20:22

Dave 

You do not get it yet,   Sipamla took wickets of BOWLERS in both innings - not of recognized and experienced batsmen. while Mulder took out experienced batsmen in both innings,   Sipamla went for 4,75 runs in every over he bowled in the second innings despite the fact that he took two wickets,  

On the other hand  -  Mulder bowled 12 overs in total in the second innings - three of them yesterday - and gave away only  39 runs - ie  3,25 rpo as against 4,23 of Ngidi and the 4,75 of Sipamla and over  5 of  Nortje,   

You must obviously realize that strategy is discussed with the coach and a line of action determined -  so obviously De Kock on his own did not take the decision when and how to use Sipamla.    Even on provincial level Sipamla struggle  against top batsmen and are used towards the end of the innings where most of his wickets are taken,    That is why when they originally announced the squad Hendriks was included and his provincial teammate Sipamla was only added later to the squad,   If Sipamla  wants to secure his place in the team he would have to improve  his bowling against higher batting order players.      

Rabada is not in the squad as announced  -  but he was training today on the field,    However,  nobody  can be sure what the case with him is,    

So you agree with me that that Mulder should move up to no 6 in batting and used as an all-rounder and only as the fifth bowler. 

What about my question about Van Tonder playing for other countries?   

Dec 29, 2020, 20:30

Listen here you ignorant twit - Nortje, Ngidi and Mulder were bowling to those same tail enders before Sipamla came on board and got them out

Fucking wake up, it’s like talking cricket with a fucking 5 year old.

Why could Mulder, Ngidi and Nortje not get these guys out huh? By your pathetic ignorant logic Sipamla bowled both ends

Next you will be telling us Mulder is a better bowler than Sipamla

Mulder’s first test wicket was a pathetic wide ball outside off

Wake the fuck up. Sipamla’s first spell was expensive - thereafter he took 3 wickets for 10 runs

Today he took 2 wickets but as I explained three 4’s went through a vacant 4th slip

You are so fucking cricket ignorant it’s scary it’s like talking rugby with Aug

Sipamla took 6 wickets on debut regardless of who they were - the most wickets in the test

Pretty impressive debut I’d say but you are too fucking stupid to acknowledge that as you have some pathetic prejudice against the guy which no doubt will last forever

You bang on about Moz not liking certain players but you are no different at all.

Saying PSDT or de Allende are poor players shows rugby ignorance

Saying Sipamla is poor shows cricket ignorance

You are wrong about Rabada he has been declared fit and has joined the squad

Dec 29, 2020, 20:51

Jesus Christ Michael.

You can talk nonsense meneer.

How is Elgar a bad fielder?

How can you want to drop people who had a shit series 2 years ago?

How can you possibly think of dropping sipamla for Pretorious? Pretorious is white!

Dave, to be honest, Mulder was really impressive with the ball today. He moves the ball late at 130km. I think he’d be a decent 2nd or 3rd changer who bats at 7.

Dec 29, 2020, 20:51

Jesus Christ Michael.

You can talk nonsense meneer.

How is Elgar a bad fielder?

How can you want to drop people who had a shit series 2 years ago?

How can you possibly think of dropping sipamla for Pretorious? Pretorious is white!

Dave, to be honest, Mulder was really impressive with the ball today. He moves the ball late at 130km. I think he’d be a decent 2nd or 3rd changer who bats at 7.

Dec 29, 2020, 21:04

Dave

I do not carry on about Sipamla for no reason at all.   I gave the real info about his non-inclusion in the squad and indicated that factually he has a problem both on international and provincial level bowling to top order batsmen.    

I never said Sipamla is poor -  I just pointed out a limitation in hi effectiveness which caused his absence when the original squad was announced.    A lot of batsmen get runs if the slips are not up to standard - hence my comments of having Elgar in the slops.  Wherever the batsmen manage too make runs is not material in this case, the factual history on both national amnd provincial level is,   

I have no prejudice against Sipamla  and would like to see him in the team if he manages to improve his bowling against top order batmen.    

Dec 29, 2020, 21:06

I rate Mulder just not convinced he is better than Andile but time will tell

He did bowl well, but stupid Mike is implying he is a better bowler than Sipamla which is a joke

Dec 29, 2020, 21:46

Elgar is a bad fielder - he missed more catches and let more balls go past him than any other fielder in the squad.

The fact is that I have a problem with players who are getting older and flopped badly ever since 2019 in all forms of cricket.   I am not sure their good fortune will last though - the SriLankan batting and bowling attacks were hampered by injuries to three of their players. 

By the way the bowling speed  of players during this series ranged as follows:-

Ngidi                   136 to 140

Sipamla               132 to  136

Mulder                 128 to  132

Fast bowlers haver a much higher than 140 so Ngidi us a Fast Mediumpacer and the other twi are Mediumpacers,     The above figures were mentioned in commentary during the first test.   I think the batsmen finds it harder to read Mulder than the other 2

I cannot help it if you cannot understand English.   I gave a full explanation why Sipamla was not in the original squad and why Pretorius was added to the squad  before and ahead of him.  By the way I referred to M Pretorius - not the elderly W Pretorius.

I am not a racist - never was.              

Dec 29, 2020, 21:50

Bullshit Mike there is no such thing as a good bowler having a problem with bowling to top order bats - it’s the biggest load of shit I have read in ages

You are either good enough or not. Your take on his ODI and T20 record is also a load of shit

Sipamla has shown all along with his beautiful natural action he has what it takes to play test cricket

On debut he proved that by coming back from an average start to come back and take 6 wickets

Only a clueless cricket follower would see no positive in that

You are clueless and his debut record proves that

Sipamla will have a long test career as with age and confidence will come more pace which is the same with Ngidi

Rabada, Ngidi and Sipamla are class young bowlers and we are extremely lucky to have them

I now just want to see the same investment in our young bats

Thank goodness Sipamla leapfrogged Stuurman into the side. It clearly shows Boucher rates him higher than the selectors

Dec 29, 2020, 21:52

Sipamla bowled a ball at 143kph and is usually quicker but did not let rip in the test

I have seen him bowl a 150kph at domestic level

Dec 30, 2020, 02:16

‘ I have seen him bowl a 150kph at domestic level’

Bullshit.

Not once.

He’s played a number of games for the proteas now. He’s never been anywhere close.

Stop talking crap.

Dec 30, 2020, 02:54

Dave

No need to argue about Sipamla.  He may have a long career on test level -  you and I would not know that at this stage - since he yet as to prove that he is effective against top batsmen, 

In shorter versions of the game it is unlikely that he would make the grade as he failed tp really make an impression  in 10  games he played in thus far,  

The fact is that he may be able to bowl faster - and may get to the pace of Ngidi  as  a Fast Mediumpacer, but anything above 140 is wishful thinking,,

Dec 30, 2020, 13:09

No Chip chip it’s a fact I’m not talking ODI’s and T20 you stupid prick

He bowled a 146kph playing for the SA under 19 side

He bowled a 150kph playing in a 4 day game - I saw it

Dec 30, 2020, 13:16

Bullshit Mike - if you are good enough to play test cricket which Sipamla has proved he is taking 6 wickets on debut then wickets will come against top order bats. Two of his 6 wickets were bats

Your take is as ignorant as ever

Just like labelling him as a medium pace bowler when it’s a fact he has bowled 150kph before but like Ngidi is bowling within himself to ensure a good line and length

By the time he is 25 we will see him regularly bowling at 145kph

Dec 30, 2020, 16:21

Wishful thinking my friend - real wishful thinking,     

Dec 30, 2020, 16:27

Are you saying Sipamla won’t take wickets against top order bats

Fuck me how stupid are you, seriously?

Dec 30, 2020, 17:00

No Dave

I am not stupid.   Fact is Sipamla on provincial level is not taking top order wickets - a problem he also had in the first test he played in.

Why do you think Sipamla was NOT in the test squad originally published?   When Hendriks were out - M Pretorius was called up and only afterwards were Sipamla added to the squad.   That is why Haysman was surprised by his inclusion in the team.    He regularly failed against top provincial batsmen and is good at bowling when they were out.       

After his initial poor performance in the team in the first SriLanka innings - Boucher and De Kock had a serious talk with him - but he still was kept out of bowling until all the experienced SL batsmen were out and then brought in.   In the second innings he was kept out of the bowling until all the top batsmen were out and only then gave the ball to start bowling,  

Those are facts - there were no hesitation to let Mulder bowl - there were serious reservations about Sipamla.

However, I hope Sipamla succeeds  and the best thing would be for Rabada to return and replace Sipamla with potentially Pretorius replacing Maharaj if they decide to go without a spinner,   I think the real experts really do not see Sipamla as an option against the Australians.  

By he way Nortje also had a serious talk to after the mess he made initially. - but De Kock only mentioned the talk to Sipamla.               

Dec 30, 2020, 18:20

Don’t lie about Sipamla not taking wickets against top order bats at provincial level

You are fucking lying

Dec 30, 2020, 18:29

‘ He bowled a 150kph playing in a 4 day game - I saw it’

Which 4 day game was televised? We haven’t had 4 day games delevised for over 10 years now.

Dec 30, 2020, 18:29

Televised

Dec 30, 2020, 18:56

I’m sure he was playing in whites it was when he first broke onto the scene - might have been footage of him at Grey

Maybe I’m wrong maybe it was domestic 50 over stuff

I just recall the initial buzz around the guy and they said he bowled around the 145kph mark at school and SA u19 level

Dec 30, 2020, 19:34

Dave

His teammate Hendriks performed better in the 3 day version than he did,   And you know  that Handriks is  Superkak sleg.   But keep on dreaming,

I wish Sipamla all the best for his cricketing career and hope he succeeds on international level and serve the team well, but  at this  stage there is a problem and I hope it is corrected,   

Dec 30, 2020, 19:40

Ag what utter kak there is no problem at all

He took more wickets than any other bowler in the test on debut

His action is beautiful and he bowls a great line and length. He has no issue at all

The guy is the real deal but you are too stupid to work that out

But reality is, who gives a shit what you actually think - it’s like talking rugby with Moz and Aug on the topic of PSDT

Dec 30, 2020, 22:14

You refuse to recognize there is a problem which  obviously affected his performances and reduced his changes of selection to the national team.    He got in through the backdoor and did quite well .   He was poor initially and was talked too by Boucher and De Kock and came back in took the wickets of the last four batsmen - affectively all the bowlers,

However, they kept him from bowling at the top SL batsmen and then let hom bowl at the three remaining batsmen,.

The man has potential - but needs the right coaching and advice,   To ignore his present problem would be the worst thing anybody could ever do to him from a career perspective,  

Dec 30, 2020, 23:10

No dimwit he got in aged 22 long before the others got in

The selectors chose Stuurman and Pretorious but Boucher the coach selected Sipamla ahead of them - I wonder why?

So wake the fuck up he has no problem and if he does have a problem please explain to us what his problem is as a bowler

Dec 31, 2020, 00:31

He was chosen ahead of others because he is black.

Dec 31, 2020, 09:12

Boucher did not select Sipamla - if the coach was involved  and Hendricks was to be replaced - why did they brought in Pretorius first.   Why was Sipamla  added to the squad afterwards,

No Dave I am afraid Boucher and Smith was forced into including him in the playing team and once he failed there obviously was a serious talk to him that caused an improvement - but they nevertheless did not allow him to bowl when the SL batsmen was batting and only let him bowl against bowlers,.  

Why was Rabada subsequently added to the squad and  is now likely to play in the second test,   He will not replace  Mulder - he will replace Sipamla.    With the upcoming Australian tour coming there can be no chance that a player like Sipamla would succeed, 

Dec 31, 2020, 13:17

Bullshit - Sipamla came into the squad late thanks to the selectors

Once Boucher has his squad he is free to choose the 11 of his choice

He chose Sipamla over Stuurman and Pretorious because he rates him more highly and rightly so. That is a fact

They had nothing to do with the on field decision as to who bowls - that was down to de Kock and we know how kak he is as a captain.

So when Sipamla bowls against the batsmen in the next test what is your utter ignorance going to say huh?

Dec 31, 2020, 14:45

How do you know that Dave?   The sequence before Sipamla was selected  tells a totally dfferent story.   

Here is the sequence: -

1   The squad is announced and after the announcement 2 players tested positive for the Chinese Virus.

2    One of the players were Hendriks - who obviously was the leading bowler from the Lions.   The squad then added  Migael Pretorius to the squad,  

3    It became clear that the CSA policy as to racial composition of the team would go out of the window and in jeopardy  as they would only have 2 Black players in the team instead of four - so a day later the  names of three players are added to ensure the Black component of the team would not be open to racist attacks on the team - so Sipamla and two other players are called  up ensuring that -

*    in the case of Van Tonder to cover the squad spot vacated by  Petersen;

*     in the case of D Pretoprius to cover for Mulder; and Sipamla to cover for nobody else since the spot vacated by Hendricks  was filled by M Pretoiius and he was just added to the team to make up the numbers,  

*     after a poor start to his bowling in the first innings  Sipamla received a toguelashing and he bowled out the remaining SriLanka bowlers in the match - in the second innings he is not used at all until  all the key wickets were taken and after Mulder bowled nine overs in succession and was too tired to continue; and

*      now Rabada is back in the squad  and is obviously in the team to replace Sipamla in .he second test.

The fact is that the decision as to bowling are not  only the decision of the captain  and what you wrote is unadulterated BS since it was clear that Boucher and De Kock jointly gave Sipamla a lecture so your wild dream that De Kock was a shit for not using Sipamla to bowl earlier is just hot air,  .   You are totally out of zinc  on that one.  

They will replace Sipamla with  Rabada in the next test - so you will have to wait a longish time  to see Sipamla back in the squad,

Dec 31, 2020, 18:42

It’s bloody obvious Mike for fuck sake

The squad is not selected by Boucher but the selectors

Once the squad is selected Boucher, his assistant coaches and the captain choose the 11 for the test

It’s not rocket science

So clearly Sipamla is ahead of Stuurman and Pretorious in the eyes of the coaching staff and rightly so

Only an ignorant cricket follower like yourself would think differently

Dec 31, 2020, 22:31

Would not be the first time that the coach was told to keep to the CSA guidelines on racial representation and that is exactly what happened here,  He was pushed into the squad based on racial grounds and Boucher had no option but to follow instructions,    

In any event Boucher had a big hand in deciding how to use Sipamla in the test,

Why do you think that bringing in of Rabada into the squad was decoded upon - obviously even the coach realize that Sipamla cannot be used in the second test and especially not against the Aussies.   

To be quote frank the test being in Johannesburg they will field four fasties (leaving out Maharaj and include the following in the team  and will no start experimenting against the Aussies.   So my projected team is being amended as follows:-

Markham 

Elgar

Van Tonder

Du Plessis

De Kock

Bavuma

Mulder

M Pretorius

Nortje

Ngidi

Rabada

Dec 31, 2020, 22:31

Would not be the first time that the coach was told to keep to the CSA guidelines on racial representation and that is exactly what happened here,  He was pushed into the squad based on racial grounds and Boucher had no option but to follow instructions,    

In any event Boucher had a big hand in deciding how to use Sipamla in the test,

Why do you think that bringing in of Rabada into the squad was decoded upon - obviously even the coach realize that Sipamla cannot be used in the second test and especially not against the Aussies.   

To be quite frank the test being in Johannesburg they will probably field four fasties (leaving out Maharaj) and include the following in the team  and will not start experimenting against the Aussies.   So my projected team is being amended as follows:-

Markham 

Elgar

Van der Dussen/Verreinne

Du Plessis

De Kock

Bavuma

Mulder

M Pretorius

Nortje

Ngidi

Rabada

Jan 01, 2021, 15:43

Bullshit - Stuurman is non white and was in the original squad

If it was a racial thing then Stuurman would have made the side ahead of Sipamla

It’s obvious Boucher and co preferred Sipamla over Stuurman and Pretorious and rightly so given that he took the most wickets in the test. Not a bad debut at all.

Their preference was vindicated

Sipamla is a class act

Are you stupid enough to think that Sipamla the top wicket taker in the first test is going to be dropped for Pretorious - fuck me you are profoundly stupid

Stop lying about what role Boucher had in when Sipamla bowled in the test - you are making that shit up in your head to serve your stupid views on things. But feel free to provide evidence on Boucher stipulating when Sipamla was to bowl.

What utter shit

Jan 01, 2021, 16:15

Stuurman is a Coloured not a Black - the minum for blacks is four - but with some lenience  in the case of injury, 

I am not lying - I am just been logical.    The issue as to the elcture given to Si[amla by Boucher and De Kock was in a newspaper report - so that is not a lie.   

I never said that Pretorius will replace Sipamla - I clearly said that Rabada will .replace him and that if they decide to go without a spinner - Pretorius will replace Maharaj

Jan 01, 2021, 16:42

You are lying - provide the source of the newspaper article about Boucher having a say on when Sipamla bowled?

That simply does not happen and if a strategy is planned in advance then it will be about a bowler like Mulder who is more of a container than wicket tacker. He bowls with more control than the faster bowlers much like Philander did but with Vern he happened to be a great wicket tacker as well.

The other option is to have your spinner tie up one end by containing the bats

At no point would a coach be saying to his side or captain that we are not going to bowl a certain bowler because he can’t get batsmen out. If that was the case that bowler would not be in the side

Maybe it’s time you stopped speaking so much shit, making a fool of yourself in the process and just admit you got it completely wrong about Sipamla and that you will continue to get it wrong regarding him in the future for the simple reason that with that wonderful action and natural talent he will continue to be successful at the highest level

Jan 01, 2021, 18:49

Dave be assured there was a report by the paper - but never mentioned anything about when Sipamla should b bowling, as you mention,  It is logical that it was decided not to use him against batsmen,

Let us be quite frank,   Sipam;a despite the wickets were  expensive in giving away runs,    It ios a fact that the ame happen on provincial level and something needs to be done about it,    If he was playing for the Knights where Donald is the coach - the problem would have been attended to properly and Sipamla's cricket future on international level would not have been a topic for discussion.     He does have a future on highest level if proper coaching can crrect his present problem and even though you deny there is one - I am afraid  that other people in the know  like Haysman realize it too,    With the right coaching he can become a great bowler.

Dave the idea of not playing a spinner at Wanderers has been raised in the media as well.   Some are for it - some against it,   I assume that they know what Maharaj can contribute and that it present an opportunity to see what the other bowlers can produce before the Aussies arrive in SA.    

In that event  the chances of playing Preetorius ahead of Stuurman  based on the fact that Pretorius is also a handy batsman would be the case,    The fact is that when Boucher and De Kock interviewed Sipamla during the match - what to do with him in the second innings would also be decided upon - that indeed was the logical thing to happen.    The fact ios that your assumption about the issue is a wild guess without any proof,   

If I differ from you not relates to facts not fiction,     and I never said that you write shit on site,    Because of a difference based on what people believe does not mean it gives a free hand to anybody to insult anybody else.  I wrote elsewhere that Sipamla has the potential to be a real top class bowler - but he needs proper coaching = which he does not get at the Lions.   I wish that  SAC will get Donald to help with his coaching - since natural talent and action should be enhanced by professional coaching,  Sipamla's whole career on international level depends on coaching and no one is better qualified to do that than Donald.

To use Sipamla at this stage against the Aussies has the potential to seriously damnage ghis development,         

Jan 01, 2021, 20:59

Oh wow you are so fucking stupid

So you say it’s logical that a bowler not be used against batsmen - bwhaaahaaaa

Classic - you are beyond stupid

He was expensive in his first spell

Thereafter he took 6 wickets at a run rate the same as the other seamers

Wake the fuck up

Your stupidity is starting to irritate me

Jan 02, 2021, 07:18

Dave 

Are you getting mixed up again?     The fact is that in the history if cricket there are thousands of examples where specific batsmen are targeted by using bowlers who turned them into their bunnies.   A famous case us Cullinan and Warne  - remember that?

Anyway you are nots to think that the coach do not give instructions to the captain about usage of batsmen and bowlers,   It has been done even in the case of De Kock when ion tests were sent in to open the batting in some tests when he was supposed to bat at 6 according to the teamsheet.   

When a coach do not give specific instructions to captains on specific issuers in tests then why the hell have a coach at all present at games  - he might as well stay at  home and watch the game over TV,

You made assumptions based on your own views and not on factual information and  when somebody point out that you may be wrong - you started attacking the person  based on   assumptions. and conclusions of which you have no proof yourself, 

I stay with what I said about Sipamla and the bowling coaching he needs to refine his bowling effectiveness.     Unless that happens his career on international level will be effected badly,    And the funny one that Smith and Boucher insisting that Sipamla be included in the squad is your  assumption as well,   It is highly unlikely especially when even Haysman was surprised about his inclusion in the team despite his extremely poor performances against th English in the last game played before the SL test, 

If you want to make assumptions and state it on site ass facts please find some logical proof  that you are correct as well,   

Jan 02, 2021, 12:53

It  is weird how the SA media  mixed up players when forecasting teams,  In one article they stated that Stuurman  is injured and released from the squad - in another they claimed that Stuurman is a candidate for selection at Wanderers.

In another newspaper report they claimed there was unhappiness about the bowling when the bowlers gave away 396 runs in the first innings against SL - but was much better ion the second innings,   Yet they say that Henriks after testing negative is back with the squad and he is a candidate as well,   Hendriks is not a test level bowler an to my mind kaksleg - the worst SA Bowler I have ever seen playing in tests,   

The one article clam that Rabada is back in ths quad and may be considered to play - the other said even though he is in the squad,    Yesterday there was an article that referred to SA may not use spin in the Wanderers test - in another the idea was opposed.

In the latest reports there is no reference that H Pretorius is still in the squad - but he was in the squad and there was no report on his release from the squad, 

Bad news is that Van Tonder injured a finger in the match practice on Friday and will reirn to the Knights for rehabilitation.    So Rassie van der Dusen is sure to play unless theyd ecide to use Verreinne in his place.   Van Toider would have been tested before the Aussies arrive and now will have to be in the squad to be announced against the Aussies as a newbie.

Jan 02, 2021, 12:53

It  is weird how the SA media  mixed up players when forecasting teams,  In one article they stated that Stuurman  is injured and released from the squad - in another they claimed that Stuurman is a candidate for selection at Wanderers.

In another newspaper report they claimed there was unhappiness about the bowling when the bowlers gave away 396 runs in the first innings against SL - but was much better ion the second innings,   Yet they say that Henriks after testing negative is back with the squad and he is a candidate as well,   Hendriks is not a test level bowler an to my mind kaksleg - the worst SA Bowler I have ever seen playing in tests,   

The one article clam that Rabada is back in ths quad and may be considered to play - the other said even though he is in the squad,    Yesterday there was an article that referred to SA may not use spin in the Wanderers test - in another the idea was opposed.

In the latest reports there is no reference that M Pretorius is still in the squad - but he was in the squad and there was no report on his release from the squad, 

Bad news is that Van Tonder injured a finger in the match practice on Friday and will return  to the Knights for rehabilitation.    So Rassie van der Dusen is possibly play unless they decide to use Verreinne in his place.   Van Tonder could have been tested before the Aussies arrive and now will have to be in the squad to be announced against the Aussies as a newbie.  That will apply to Vereinne as well - so they might let him play.

Will the 6:1 factor kick in with regard to the batsmen in  the SA side?  ,  

Jan 02, 2021, 14:30

Mike you are speaking utter shit

Nothing has to be done to Sipamla as a bowler other than him spending time playing at the highest level and gaining confidence at that level and with that will come the confidence to bowl with more freedom and with that more pace

But not a bad start for the lad given he took 6 wickets on debut, more than any of the established bowlers in the side

You clearly know fuck all about cricket if you think certain front line bowlers in a team are not used against batsmen

Imagine selecting a bowler you only employ against tail enders - fuck me what a preposterous idea

Do you actually believe the garbage you write?

Jan 02, 2021, 15:27

So he is one professional sportsman in the world  that does not need professional coaching - amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I do not write garbage - I wrote what is factual and has been proved by the sequence of events in selecting the squad - by media reports of actual statements made by Boucher and De Kock  -  by comments made by the surprised Haysman on the Sipamla selection to the team - by the fact that Sipamla was not used in the test after a very poor start in the first innings until late in each innings.

You made all kinds of unproved allegations like after he was spoken to by the coach and the captain about his bowling De Kock was a shit captain because he kept Sipamla from bowling  - while the decisionmaker in this case was no doubt  Boucher and not De Kock.    Furthermore you have no proof that it was Smith and Boucher who insisted  on Sipamla be called up to the squad despite a disastrous performance against the English team less than a month ago. Your assumptions are not based on any factual proof   and is based on wild hallucinations to proof your statements on site,

Sorry Dave - I would always  support a younger player who can make a longer term contribution to the team - and would like to see people develop in a positive way - but you shout what you think and not very accurately either eg the 150 km bowling pace of Sipamla. myth,    

Jan 02, 2021, 16:48

So Mike what possibly do you think a coach could do to a player say like Sipamla who has probably been bowling with that same almost perfect action since he was 5?

There is quite a lot of small changes you can make to a bat but not the case when it comes to a bowler.

Much of what happens is about learning where to bowl, how to bowl variation balls and by strengthening, increase the pace. Small tweaks are possible but once you reach that level as a sportsman be it cricket or rugby - coaches don’t coach you, they direct you with reference to plans

Hell my son is a full time rugby coach and he coaches a university first team. Do you think he coaches skills? No he expects his players by now to know how to pass, tackle, scrum and side step etc. Coaches don’t coach skills, they might refine certain skills but you will never have to coach a guy like Pollard at this stage on how to pass for instance.

It is a fact that I have seen Sipamla bowl a 146kph ball playing for the SA u19 side on a flat wicket and seen footage of him bowling 150kph

Hardly surprising given he was not putting his back into any of the balls he bowled in the last test and still bowled a 142kph ball

But I guess you are too stupid to realise that another 8kph is not achievable by the young lad with that perfect action?

Jan 02, 2021, 17:51

The perfect action without accuracy is a major problem and  Sipamla siffered badly from poor direction and things like pace variation, length of deliveries, etc,  

You were wavering about the pace of 150 and could not answer Chippo,   IN the SL test Sipamla was widely inaccurate and easy to hit  - after the interview with Boucher and kept out of bowling until near the end of the first innings - when he came back bowling much slower and more accurately,  The four wickkets was onviously not enough to keep hoim from bowling against the top SL batxmen.    When he came on in the second innings he was back he was expected to sbiowl to tailenders and it worked quite well.

So Sipamla needs to  be dealt with carefully - the Aussie  batsmen will creating havic when facing him = so he needs some refining  to get him to be a top class bowler. 

Jan 02, 2021, 18:38

Looks from the numbers as if Sipamla is expensive, Ock failed again and Faf remains our best bat.

Jan 02, 2021, 19:14

Faf had his one good innings in seven when he faced a reduced due to injury bowling attack,   U think the 1:6  factor will apply to him = so l;ets wait and see what happens in the test tomorrow and the upcoming three tests against Australia in February.  

Jan 02, 2021, 23:47

Moz if you had actually watched the test you would have realised that Sipamla was stupidity given the new ball on debut when they had Ngidi and Nortje to call on to open.

Sipamla was expensive in his first spell but actually did not bowl that badly, he was just unlucky with edges through vacant slip fielders and the odd ball an over that was slightly off line on middle to leg stump that got clipped through the off side for 4’s.

To his credit he came back after lunch and took 3 wickets for 10 runs ending on 4 wickets in the innings.

Then in the second innings we mysteriously did not see him bowl for ages thanks to some stupid captaincy by the inept leader that is de Kock. He bowled Mulder for 9 overs in a row before eventually bringing on Sipamla who took another 2 wickets ending on 6, the most by any SA bowler - not bad for a youngster on debut

Listen here dumbfuck Mike what part of my response to Chip did you not understand. I said I saw a 146kph ball at u19 level and another at 150kph which I thought was in a 4 day game. I certainly don’t recall the exact game you stupid prick but I saw it. I don’t give a fuck whether you believe me or not but don’t come on here telling me I struggled to respond to Chip you fucking prick

Jan 03, 2021, 01:33

Still ignoring the fact that De Kock was obviously following instructions not to use Sipamla against the top batsmen of the SL team since they would gave taken him to the cleaners, with higher runs scored,  

Remember -it was within a month after Sipamla was cut to pieces by the English  batsmen.    

Jan 03, 2021, 13:02

Mulder...lol...Ou Mike knows F-all about cricket....:angel::D...not saying Oom Maaik is a top pundit, but Mulder isn't looking half shabby ATM...one swallow doesn't ...,  but methinks we'll see a lot more of Mulder in the future.

Jan 03, 2021, 16:05

Draad wake the fuck up.

I at no point said Mulder was crap, I said he was yet to convince me he was good

I’m starting to see the value in him

This is about how utterly ignorant dumb Mike is when it comes to Sipamla

Jan 04, 2021, 07:41

I was just having a bit of fun...:D

Jan 04, 2021, 08:37

So who gets dropped for Kagiso when he returns?

On form, you have to say Sipamla but in reality two tests against poor opposition doesn't provide much evidence. Still wiser to select on talent at this point. 

Jan 04, 2021, 09:28

Plum

I am going to make a few suggestions as to what comes next - bit Dave will have a fit anyway,    

I think the players who are in danger when Rabada returns are Ngidi or Sipamla.   I yesterday  made a note of the pace of each ball bowled by Ngidi and Sipamla.   In the case of all the balls bowled by Ngidi of his the deliveries ibn his firt three iovers - only three was rather close to the wickets and the batsmen did not have had to play at them,    Most of the balls bowled by the two were in the range 127 to 137 kph - the 137 kph balls were both bowled by Sipamla and was not very threatening either,  

They were at their best when bowling balls at between 127 and 133 kph - the faster balls were no really effective - the slower balls more so,  

The problem with Ngidi is - his effectiveness anished after he bowled 3 or 4 overs and then becomes very expensive.    The next assignment is a visit to Pakistan \ where sub-continent pitches plays a major role as well.   So what happened to Ngidi in the IPL in 2020?   He has been on contract to play for the Chennai Super Kings for years and   one would have expected him to playa  frontline role in their attack,   He in fact only featured in 2 of the 14 games played by the franchise,   Looks like he has either carrying an injury or is not really fit enough to perform consistently on the high level required,

On the whole Ngidi was magic  when he came on the scene and is just not magic anymore,   So my preference would be Sipamla to go to Pakistan.

However the situation is not good - the team needs back-uo in bioth Separments - eg battibng and bowling and there is none at present,   Players like -

*   M Pretorius should be included in the squad as a bowling all=rounder; and

*   Van Tonder and Verreinne should go to back up the batsmen.

Of the above Verreinne played in a few ODI's - but none of them ever played in tests,  Unfortunately Van Tonder was injured - otherwise he might have played in the second  test against SL.   I would rather see him batting than Van der Dussen who will not be successful on sub-continent pitches,             

Jan 04, 2021, 12:20

Elgar survied the 6:1 factor - but it bit Du Plessis hard,  

I am disappointed by the batting of both Merkram and De Kock - they have it in them to do much better than they did,    De Kock could havebeen out earlier.  because he edged the ball that narrowly missed the stumps and he also had a bottom edge going to the keeper along the ground,   He did not judge the whole story by edging the ball when eh was caught,- bad effort on his part.

Jan 04, 2021, 14:51

It’s obvious that when Rabada returns, Sipamla will be dropped

Ngidi has long proved himself and has nothing more to prove

It’s good to know we have Sipamla to add depth to our bowling unit

Rabada, Ngidi and Nortje are our front line seamers

Mulder looks handy enough as a bowler but remains unconvincing as a bat. He needs to improve in this department if he wants to cement his place in the side. At this stage I prefer Andile

Jan 04, 2021, 15:29

I hope they do what Chennai Super Kings did and drop Ngidi,   He has problems with his bowling and is nothing more than a medium pacer and has nothiug else to bring as a bowler to the party,

We all know Mulder is an all-rounder,  They should drop Ngidi and retain Supamla.   Maybe tht would get Ngidi to concentrate on his trainings schedule and gets fit - he cannot bowl more than 3 overs without becoming very inaccurate and expensive after that..   Patently not fit at all. 

His worth as a bowler in the team has declined in leaps and bounce since he hit the scene and was extremely good,   At this stage he is way below Mulder as a bowler.                 

Jan 04, 2021, 16:16

Rubbish Ngidi is a class bowler - moves the ball off the pitch both ways and with his height gets steep bounce off a length

He can bowl up at 145kph but is bowling within himself on his come back

Class bowler who now has both the SL wickets

Stop speaking shit Mike

Jan 04, 2021, 16:23

Make that 3 wickets for Ngidi

Jan 04, 2021, 17:26

Two wickets were batsmen playing at very poor legside balls bowled by Ngidi,   Ngifi's bowling speed is now about 130 - whenever he bowl faster he gives away fours.    That being the case  - do we need a medium pacer in the side? 

Sipamla today bowled at  am average pace of 137 kph - Ngidi at 130 kph.   Aside from that he can only bowl 5 overs in a session after which he needs to be replaced

And it is true Ngidi was not used in the IPL because he was so poor - while the Englisdh thought he as a hitting opportunity.       .        

Jan 04, 2021, 17:51

Oh what utter shit Ngidi has been the best bowler in the second innings

Sipamla bowled well was unlucky not to pick up that caught and bowled

Good to see him bowling a little quicker today getting a good few over 140kph with a fastest at 143kph

Mike but don’t let that stop you feeding us with your heap of shit

Good on Ngidi taking 3 despite carrying an injury - he is a class act

As JP said about Sipamla it’s good to see he belongs at test level and looks comfortable at this level. At 22 he is still a baby and will just get better and better

Jan 04, 2021, 21:06

...and faster.

He can send it down a good 5 or so clicks over 140km/h but is under orders to focus on control.

Jan 04, 2021, 21:35

Exactly Plum

Jan 05, 2021, 07:55

Dave

Why is Ngidi so sparingly used in bowling and why is he replaced by somebody else after bowling four overs,   The reason is clear if one watches his first session bowling.  He was accurate in his first session for two overs  giving away no runs and taking a wicket bowling at an average pace of 130.   He then gave away in the third and forth over 10 runs mostly the result of lack of accuracy and pace deficiency.    

He is at best inaccurate when he bowls anything faster than 130  and the two wickets he took later in the match was from inaccurate balls he bowled on the leg side of players and where the result of poor plat of bad balls by the batsmen,   Fact is that kind of dismissals the batsmen are routinely blamed for poor batting when it happened.    

Ngidi may be nursing an injury - but then he should  have been treated for one and not been in the team,     His bowling at anything above  130 is totally inaccurate and no threat to batsmen at all,   He is the most inaccurate bowler in the team this year when he bowls faster than 130.   Batsmen do just defend when he bows accurate balls 0 but those are mre ir kless bwoiwled at 127 kph,    

I would definitely prefer Sipamla to him at this stage.   He bnpowls a wjole lot faster than Ngidi  and when bowling at about 135 to 137 kph is accurate,   I saw him bowling a totally ineffective ball at 143 kph and two in the samne category he bowled  at 140 kph,   For the rest his average bowling speed was 137 kph.   He was accurate and attacking the stumps when bowling at a lower pace of roundabout 135 kph.

The question raised often during the IPL was where is Ngidi 0n why is he not bowling?   Ge played in 2 of the 14 club matches and flopped badly.   Granted - one can say that  ir is in 29 over matches 0 but ibn those matches accuracy is paramount and  Ngiddi was indeed lacking in accuracy,    The same happened in the T20 series against the English - where his inaccuracy was a major factor in the losing of the series.

There is a difference in format of games though,    In shorter versions of the game  inaccurate balls bowled by Ngidi at his pace are attacked by batsmen - in tests the batsmen just ignore poor balls bowled,

The next assignment of the Proteas is a visit to Pakistan for two tests and 3 T20I games,    If Ngiddi bowls what he did in this series on sub-continent  pitches, he would be a dead loss for the Proteas giving away too many runs/

In the present series thus far the wicket takings tats are as follows:-  

Nortje                   =        12 wickets

Mulder                 =          9 wickets

Ngidi                    =          7  wickets

Sipamla                =          7  wickets

Bowling at a higher pace (the average pace of Sipamla is 7 kph faster than Ngidi's) as  well as accuracy in deliveries  of  Sipamla - I genuinely think Sipamla should not be replaced by Rabada and Ngidi should be the one to be replaced.          

Jan 05, 2021, 13:54

Make that 10 wickets to Sipamla in the series

Ngidi was our best bowler in the second innings picking up 4 wickets

Great bowler who has nothing to prove and will be playing for SA for the next decade

Sipamla is one for the future and is without doubt our 4th best pace bowler behind KG, Ngidi and Nortje

You need to Log in to reply.