You need to LOG IN to reply.

Third ODI against Palistan

Forum » Cricket » Third ODI against Palistan

Jan 25, 2019, 15:33

It is not looking good at this stage   I believe the teams election was a problem and the fact is that the selection of Beurn Hendricks as fast bowler and Shamsi as  spinner was a poor way to start.

Shamsi missed a sitter catch and  in one over gave away 14 runs and that was not even in the last ten overs.   Together with his missed catch he is thus far a disaster.    His 6 overs bowled gave away 48 runs at 8 rpo.   

Hendricks figures is slightly better, but together with Phehlukwayo gave away 35 runs each.   At least Hendricks took a wicket.

The million dollar question is what is Amla doing in the slips - waiting to miss another catch like the one he already missed,   His reflections are nowadays too slow to catch balls any other international slip fielder would have caught,   

Not looking good - I think we have a good chance of looing this one.    Amla as opener and Hendricks at 3 are bad news,   Based on his record thus far Amlay is boun to get another low score - if not the strike rate would be poor.                

Jan 25, 2019, 17:16

Very, very poor display by the Proteas.   I am afraid that a team which cannot catch balls  cannot win matches.   The worst case was  Amla missing a sitter catch on Hafeex when he had 10 runs.  He was eventually out for 52 runs at a strike rate of 115,35.   

There were 4 other missed catches - two of which 3 were sitters - one by Plehlukwayo, one by B Hendricks and one by Shamsi.

Then we have the bowling stats which were at best poor:-

B Hendricks     -   9 overs  =    50 runs - 2 wickets

Steyn                -  10 overs  =    43 runs - 2 wickets

Rabada              -  10 overs  =   57 runs  - 2 wickets

Shamsi              -   9 overs   =    75 runs

R Hendricks      -   2 overs   =    21 runs

The Pakistani's made 317 runs for 6 wickets.

Watch out for Amla and Reeza Hendricks trying to bat at 6,5 rpo - will never happen.   As per normal the pressure will be on De Kock to make the runs - while Amla and Hendricks fiddle  around.    I do not think the Proteas as a snowball's hope in hell in winning this one with only four good batsmen in the team..   

Jan 25, 2019, 18:33

We are losing badly - Amla made 25 from 30  balls - below the required strike rate,   Hendricks was 17 from 26 balls.   Bad news - Hendricks called for a run and thens top running with the result that De Kock was run out.   

Jan 25, 2019, 22:15

This from the Big Early Mouth

'Not looking good - I think we have a good chance of looing this one. Amla as opener and Hendricks at 3 are bad news, Based on his record thus far Amlay is boun to get another low score - if not the strike rate would be poor.

We are losing badly - Amla made 25 from 30 balls - below the required strike rate, Hendricks was 17 from 26 balls.'

Except Amla and de Kock made a decent start.....and from there Hendricks was superb scoring at a 92 strike rate, but then also having the sense to protect his wicket when the Duckworth/Lewis system was in play.

Well done to MOM Hendricks.....egg for the fool.

Jan 26, 2019, 06:59

Not even a mea culpa from Frittata or should that be Frottata? Fortunately for the moment we seem to be spared his childish views on cricket as he deep dives under a mountain of egg.

LMAOFY!

Jan 26, 2019, 17:00

Sweet Lord. Palistan! How do you screw that one up Mike?

Jan 27, 2019, 05:56

Chippo

A couple of things caused me grey hairs, namely-

*    the poor fielding and missed catches when the Pakistani's were batting;

*    the fact is that the weather interfered and I did not expect the weayher would have effected the outcome;

*    the fact that as expected Amla failed and as not expected Hendricks did not fail.

I think that the game was not what I thought would happen and that the Proteas was bloody lucky to win the match.         

Jan 27, 2019, 16:18

LOLz!!!

Jan 27, 2019, 16:55

Lol @Mike

Brother you are honestly something else.

A. You didn't answer my question.

B. What are you going on about?

Jan 27, 2019, 16:56

Oh. And why do you expect Amla to fail?

I reckon you are just taking the piss out of everyone.

Jan 29, 2019, 12:11

Chippo

Look a what Amla produced over the last year in 10 ODI's and  then see why the changes were about 75%  that Amla would fail.   I always make statements based on fact - nothing else.   I gave Amla's performance breakdowns elsewhere and hope you now understand what I meant.    

You need to Log in to reply.