Unbelievable Ock

Forum » Cricket » Unbelievable Ock

Mar 04, 2020, 17:38

In all the time I have watched cricket, I have  never seen a batsman so at sea with a given delivery from the same bowler. Quintie has technical issues....he really should bat at 5.

Mar 04, 2020, 21:01

Rubbish Moz, he does not have technical issues the guy has an incredible record as an opening bat

Starc has his number right now, it’s a psychological thing.

The only ball that did something was the first one Starc bowled him with. He played all around it.

He has then got out doing the same thing playing the wrong line on the strength of a swinging ball that never swung. It’s in his head that the ball is going to swing

Mar 04, 2020, 21:09

Dave his footwork is awful....his bat comes in from point, an early Amla fault he eradicated.....and he plays with a huge gap between bat and pad.

His eye saves him when the ball isn’t moving. He is no opening bat and prone to nerves when he senses pressure.

Mar 04, 2020, 21:51

It no longer matters where the bat comes down from that was something coaches tried to rectify in our day.

Today the theory is you stick to what is most comfortable for you.

Most bats no longer put foot to ball when driving as we were taught and had drummed into us back in the day

It’s all about the eyes and hands these days

For 90% of the time de Kock is sublime and looks very elegant

His failings against Starc are all psychological, much like Cullinan against Warne

He is one of the best opening ODI bats in the game and averaging 45 tells me he is an opening bat, his record proves it

Mar 04, 2020, 22:16

So he’s a head case, he can’t play Starc, he can’t play WCs and his away from home average is 12 runs below his average in good old RSA. But get a sunny day at the Wanderers, some nice medium pacers from the Sub Continent and nothing at stake.....and he’s a world beater,

Mar 04, 2020, 22:41

None of our players were good in the WC - yep right now Starc has his number.

Where do you get that his average is 12 less away from home?

My guess is every bat has a better average at home

de Kock is pure class has more talent than almost every bat out there

His head let’s him down

Mar 05, 2020, 06:55

Here you go Dave, this was for test performance. I posted this before on a string you posted on:

A few Quintie facts.

74 innings/69 dismissals/2683 runs....average 38.88

39 home innings/35 dismissals/1593 runs...average 45.5

34 away innings/33 dismissals/ 1090 runs...average 33.00

Average for his first 11 away games...44

Average for his second 10 away innings 37.0

Average for his last 12 away innings....19.5

You need to Log in to reply.