You need to LOG IN to reply.

Watching the game...

Forum » Cricket » Watching the game...

Jan 11, 2019, 12:28

guys...'Deddy, Mike? Getting a bit late and it doesn't get any better with the lunch break, I'll sit up for a few minutes till after lunch, hopefully Marckram scores a ton quick enough. Seems like a flat track so I guess unlike the past two tests in this one the bat will dominate. That said the Pakistami  pace attack looks pretty ordinary and the wicket doesn't seem spin friendly.

Jan 11, 2019, 12:40

Denny

I think that the track is not for medium pace bowlers and all the bowlers the Pakistani's hve in their team are medium pacers.

Have fun.   

Jan 11, 2019, 12:44

Enjoy the game both, hope Markram converts and Hamza gives a good account of himself.

Jan 11, 2019, 15:01

APD

Markram hit at a very poor ball and got caught at 90.

The scores now are as follows:-

Elgar (out)                        -        5   from 6 balls      SR   83,33

Markram (out)                 -       90   from 124 balls  SR   72,58

Amla (out)                       -       41  from 98 balls     SR   41,83

Hamza                             -       38  from  46 balls    SR   82.60

De Bruin (out)                 -       49  from  82 balls    SR   59,75

Bavuma  (out)                 -          8 from  9 balls      SR    88,89

Score 238/5    

This guy Hamza I something really special - he came on and the first full over he faced the batting he hit a huge 6 and a 4 in that over,   He has an excellent eye and seems full of confidence.   Definitely one of the best first-timers I have seen in years in test cricket - a real star in the making.

De Bruin struggled initially with his timing - but recovered well.   Hope Hamza get a 50.           

Jan 11, 2019, 16:41

What a collapse  it is clearly very difficult to bat after over 60.   The reverse swing became very pronounced and for 33 runs the Proteas lost 7 wickets,   Not nice to see what happened -  but the top three batters were Markram, De Bruin and Hamza did very well.   Amla also had a decent score - but his batting was very slow.      

Jan 12, 2019, 02:38

The  batting by Pakistan does not seem to be house on fire either.   After 9 overs the core was 17  for the loss of 2 wickets.   

Jan 12, 2019, 06:31

Bavuma and de Kock looked clueless....small guys, squared up by a bit of movement. I guess by now it's pretty obvious, de Kock can't deal with movement in any form.

Hamza was a bit of an enigma.....started off like a house on fire and then hardly scored in the last 20 balls he faced.

Jan 12, 2019, 18:37

Mozart madness in evidence again.   The clueless can prate unendingly.   fact is the ball started to show serious reverse swing at about over 60 in the first innings and it was very difficult to score runs.

Now lets top get to the second innings,   Elgar failed badly in both innings - making ten runs. - no comment from you. on that,  So De Kock made 34 runs in the game where there were only four players who made more than 20 runs.

So lets look at those four batsman:-

Markram          -    21  from 26 balls       -  SR    84,00

Amla                -    42  from 90 balls       -   SR   46,05

Bavuma            -    23 from  42 balls       -   SR   54,78

De Kock           -    34  from  35 balls      -   SR   97,14

The stand between  Amla and De Kock produced 42 runs of which De Kock scored 34 and Amla 8.    Of the 57 balls bowled De Kock faced 36 and Amla 21,

So De Kock is clueless, birdbrain?   Why don't you think before writing your normal BS on site,  With his 8 runs from 21 balls (2 fours) I would say Amla is clueless - not De Kock, 

I see Hamza as a future top batsman for the Proteas.   Even though he made a duck in the second innings he is a very good batsman.   I doi not hink that Amla and Du Plessis will last longer than the WC.   In the shorter version of the game I would prefer both Markram and Hamza ahead of Amla in the batting line-up.           

Jan 13, 2019, 02:06

Uh oh and there I thought Hamza had a shot, but with your endorsement Tokkie it's looking bleak. Say how many catches did de Kock put down...thank heavens Amla was in the slips to add a touch of professionalism.

And while de Kock survived a few long hops....Amla was the rock of our innings after all the seuntjies were bamboozled.

Jan 13, 2019, 07:34

Mike

You've successfully fucked up the rugby section with your monotonous  childish line of baiting and attacks. Everone is sick to death about your ad nauseum posts about Morne, Meyer, Fat Fransie Nyaaah Nyaaaah Nyaaaah You're now itching to do the same in the cricket section. Everyone knows that Amla is past his best, a 12yr cricketing kid will tell you that, only you keep banging away hoping Mozart will take the bait. I saw the post and ignored it.Next it will be Faf and Elgar. Some of us actually know cricket and we've had satelite TV long before SA. Actually in 'Deddy's neck of the woods they also have the Internet so there's no need for your running commentaries. We really don't need to be taken by the hand and told what to think. Until you came along I was enjoying the little bit of cricket I've been debating with 'Deddy.

I'm asking you nicely not to turn the cricket section into a shit hole.

Jan 13, 2019, 07:45

Denny - no I reacted to Mozart's childish BS about De Kock - should never have because he is always attacking certain players.  

Jan 13, 2019, 07:47

Whooosh!

You need to Log in to reply.