You need to LOG IN to reply.

WC starts this morning...fixtures

Forum » Cricket » WC starts this morning...fixtures

May 30, 2019, 06:36

wc cricket fixtures - Google Search

May 30, 2019, 10:22

Why did you not join the Fantasy comp Rooinek advised us about?  

May 31, 2019, 07:15

With respect, no thanks.

There were times yesterday when I enjoyed the game, I like cricket especially WC 50 overs and the conventional test matches but the odd game I watch nowadays does not evoke the same enjoyment as it used to if you understand my gist.

There is already a spat on the above thread about the players yesterday, calling them old washed up men...those sort of things are not my style.

We lost simply because we don't have the batting depth of England and this put pressure on our key batsmen who were forced to go for the risk of the "big one"and were caught by Englands outstanding fielders in the deep and an outstanding run out. Luck did occur twice though, one as mentioned by Mozart in the above thread and another when the ball hit the stumps, the lights came on but the bails did not.

Van Der Dussen was excellent with a calm and unflustered temperament. Amla looked ok until the unfortunate crack on the helmet. Yes, he is not a shadow of his former self and maybe you were right. Miller should be there and De Villiers.

Anyway, lets just accept the reality and truth that England is a damn good side and our attack and spin bowlers did well to contain England at 311 (at one stage England looked to score a mammoth total of 350 or more. The truth is that England is a better balanced side by a lot.

I'm sure we will settle down and do better in other games and who knows we might come right.

You need to Log in to reply.