Well done England....

Forum » Cricket » Well done England....

Jul 12, 2019, 02:39

this is a brilliant English side, one all cricket lovers should enjoy seeing as they don't come around all that often. In my not so humble opinion it is one for the ages. I would have enjoyed seeing them play India in the final simply because I rate them as the two best teams. The oldie is a goodie, cricket is a funny game kicked in.

Good luck to the Kiwis, the underdogs, although I believe they are going to need a lot more than luck. The Kiwi quicks are brilliant, Santer is useful but not excellent but then they lack a tad of quality in a 5th bowler. Batting wise they will need Guptill to score big, Kane Williamson is world class and he knows there's a lot hanging off his shoulders. Of the rest there's not a lot to be said, Neesham and company are useful and Ross Taylor is ordinary. As a team they fight hard.

England to win.

Jul 12, 2019, 03:54

Amazing how Bairstow has found his mojo with Roy's return and how Finch has tailed off. Roy's innings today was a model of assertive, skilled batting.....all remaining doubts disappeared when he clobbered Lyon's first ball for six.

It's a pity it isn't an Indian/Pom final.....that wouldhave been a great occasion.

Jul 12, 2019, 04:40

It's been a funny world cup all round, I'm putting it down to some dopey pitches. At the start of it teams were scoring test like scores of around the 300+  being 2 paced and pancake flat. The weather played a part as well wiping out whole games in the process and also played a major roll in India's demise.

It's never going to the best WC ever and one that will be remembered for some epic encounters.

Jul 12, 2019, 07:46

I give us a 10% chance at most but that's ok the win over India was our final and this game is just cream.

Still sport is not written in stone and anything can happen GO THE MIGHTY BLACK CAPS

Jul 12, 2019, 11:41

Well, you can give them a 10% winning chance but I don't. Right now as I type I reckon they're a 50% chance, the flip of the coin, the first hour of play and the beastly English weather will determine their chances. Sure it's a David vs Goliath scenario but that said I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a 10% chance of winning in a cricket final......cricket is a funny game. Don't believe me, just ask India and Australia.

Those two mischief makers Duckworth and Lewis could become honorary citizens of New Zealand. :P

Jul 12, 2019, 14:47

Imagine if the team had the same attitude as Crusaderfan......going into the game thinking they had a 10% chance of winning. Imagine if you are in the final and the team's attitude is....that's not important, we have already done enough to make us feel good.

Loser think on steroids.

Jul 12, 2019, 23:47

Hey snowflake I am not playing you idiot, imagine the team going in with your IQ they wouldn't even understand why they were there let alone what they had to do.

So supporters are not allowed to look at a game and analyse it and say how they see it now? 

You really are an idiot

Jul 13, 2019, 00:11

"So supporters are not allowed to look at a game and analyse it and say how they see it now? "

Where may I ask is your analysis?

Jul 13, 2019, 04:08

In my mind which from the look of it is something you don't posses. You should check your padded cell for it, if you do find it they might just let you out sometime

Do I have to write down everything I considered to get to my 10% chance for you?

Jul 13, 2019, 06:37

Lots of spluttering by Loser Think.....seems we both don't possess minds Denny. But Loser Think clearly has higher powers.....he can actually 'look' at minds. I kid you not! He doesn't need to assess a mind by it's output....his unique super hero skills allows him to actually look directly at the darn thing.

The Sixth Sense, The Twilight Zone ....no it's Loser Think Man.

Jul 13, 2019, 06:50

Don't need  higher powers to see that you have lost your mind snowflake.

And what you think is higher powers is called intelligence to those of us with a mind.

Jul 13, 2019, 17:13

Hahahahaha....I have you by 30 IQ points dumbass, better stay down.

Jul 14, 2019, 00:55

Well, our "Higher Mind" became unhinged by a simple question and truth be told it was sad to see him kicking and screaming behind a smokescreen of bluster which only exposed his ignorance of cricket. Begone Tosser.

Jul 14, 2019, 04:45

I am amazed you two can even breathe on your own let alone walk.

Have I ever said I was an expert on cricket, I hold only a passing interest in it as shown with my solitary post about it. If you were only allowed to post on this site about sport you know something about you two couldn't post anything. Mind you snowflakes posts on rugby prove he knows shit 

Jul 14, 2019, 05:20

You are amazed living beings can breathe. And you can see minds....lock away the sharp instruments hahaha!

Jul 14, 2019, 05:37

Good, glad we've got that one sorted, trust you'll be a little less arrogant and temperamental in future. If you're going to make a stupid comment expect to be challenged and if you want to learn about cricket, ask before you leap. 

Enjoy the game.

Go the Black Caps!

Jul 14, 2019, 07:25

So at what level of expertise are we allowed to state an opinion on what percentage chance a team has and how do we rate our level of expertise, is there a test, is it up to you to decide when anyone can have an opinion let alone post that opinion?

As for arrogance do we rate ourselves against your level and do we have to ensure we are under your level of arrogance before posting?

Fark I never thought giving your own team a 10% chance of winning was arrogance, so what would you call it if I said it was 100% for the black caps humble modesty?

Fuck off you pompous twat

You need to Log in to reply.