What a crap batting ODI side

Forum » Cricket » What a crap batting ODI side

Feb 04, 2020, 12:45

We have selected - is it a case of let’s see how many geriatrics we can pick

Wake the fuck up Boucher

He is making a fucking poor go at being a national coach

Feb 04, 2020, 14:58

any constructive crit saf? who ould you like to see in the team, realistically?

our bowlers have done well so far today.

Feb 04, 2020, 15:14

ignore him flash. don't expect much happiness from David.

he's just sour because he was abused as a teenager by his biology teacher who used him instead of a rat for a lab experiment.

Feb 04, 2020, 19:36

Kak indeed!:angel::D

Feb 04, 2020, 20:08

At last we have a cricket captain who leads by example!

Well done Quinnie!

Feb 04, 2020, 20:30

And Bavuma came to the party too, batting @3 nogal!

Feb 04, 2020, 20:42

Quinnie won the tos too...amazing!:D

Feb 04, 2020, 21:02

I am not a supporter of the Marigolds or the sports policy of the government but this was a thumping that they gave the English team.

Well done guys trust this is just the start of a turn around for  SA cricket and may they once again rise to the Protea standards of bygone times.

Once more well-done lads.

Feb 04, 2020, 21:04

Dave, I have to agree with you the English team is a "CRAP" ODI batting side.

Feb 04, 2020, 21:04

Feb 04, 2020, 21:05

Feb 04, 2020, 21:05

Feb 04, 2020, 21:08

Sorry about the repeated posting but the site did not respond to the "SUBMIT COMMENT"

Feb 04, 2020, 22:11

Looks like the lab rat has gone missing?

Feb 05, 2020, 03:23

Chip chip go find that rock you belong under you useless fucking prick

Feb 05, 2020, 07:15

Lets bear in mind a couple of issues here that needs to be borne in mind iro of the ODI yesterday both on the background as well as the positive and negative issues:-

Background issues

I thought it necessary to indicate what observers should look out for in the main series and what we could learn from the two games and see whether the ODI series would show us what we should look out for in the main series:-

*   In the first warm up game there was a collapse of the top batting line-up of the English side that was even worse  in evidence  than the case was yesterday.   In the second game that situation was reversed.

*   The second match won by the SA Invitation side showed what kind of batting strike rate is required to be successful in ODI's -   the SA Invitation team was required to make 188 rinds from 180 balls to win and the Invitation side managed to do that in 178 balls.

The fact is that there were deficiencies in the bowling Department of the squad selected for the main series that had to be looked out for.

Positives

The following issues to my mind are the main ones to deal with:- 

*   In the first instance we had to look at the captaincy issue,   Whereas there were signs that in the tests series that captaincy may be an issue since the performances of Di Plessis was deficient - eg starting even with the toss and the personal performances - those two deficiencies were absent yesterday.   The field placing and bowling changes are examples.   In the warm up games Roy was the best batsman in the English side,    He showed signs of doing harm yesterday - especially in one over when he hit three fours from three successive balls.  In the following overs he blocked up the area where Roy was strongest and the latter's batting slowed down and the run feast was reduced.   Shortly thereafter Roy was out.   The same applies to the other batsmen who were out,   The running out of Root was another example when it became clear that the English batting was under pressure from a strike rate perspective,   

*    Insofar as the batting is concerned, the much maligned De Kock set the example of the need to deal with the pitch conditions carefully and the initial batting was slower than it should have been.   However, that changed when Bavuma came in at three.    Bavuma obviously had an instruction  to hit out at balls to up the run rate and did a marvelous job in doing so,  In  doing that he allowed the pressure on De Kock to up the run rate himself to be reduced.   In the end the situation prevalent in the WC series was eliminated.

*    In a slow pitch  the two bowlers that did best were Shamsi and Smuts and they were the only ones who completed their full 10 overs each.  However, in the case of the other bowlers the two  best ones (Rabada and Nortje) were rested - so the resources available in this series was problematic, but still used to best advantage.

Negatives 

Reeza and Beuren  Hendricks both failed and badly so,   Reeza failed as opening batsman and Beuren failed badly as a bowler.   The latter gave away 15 runs in one over early in the match and was replaced early - and was used rarely later in the match because he repeated the same when he bowled later in the game.

Changes Recommended  

I would replace Reeza Hendricks with Janneman Malan to start off with,  Bueren I do not really what to do with since the squad is devoid if alternatives,    

I would also like to have a look at Verreyne as a batsman and would consider replacing Miler with him.   Not that Miller did anything wrong in the game yesterday - he never batted - bat there is a need for a covering batsman that needs to be considered.

It seems that De Kock's captaincy showed a positive new spirit amongst the team members and I was very happy with him as captain.                 

Feb 05, 2020, 09:50

@Mike

Just a question...

What would you have said if Amla scored a 100 of 110 balls?

@David

The only rock that I belong under is your ex wife

Feb 05, 2020, 11:25

Chippo

I always give credit where credit is due and has done that  often enough when Amla did well in the past,  .  I started noting  deterioration in Amla's performances  about 18 months ago and that opened a hornets nest of attacks on me.  Fact is that by January 2019 Amla's performance level was so far down that even Denny supported me in saying  he should not have been in the WC squad.   His run rate in that series was atrocious at 64,2 and that in ODI's is disastrous,           

Feb 05, 2020, 11:54

Oh chip chip if it’s not my son it’s an ex wife, which I don’t have

Are you that much a low life that your best shot is bringing my family into the equation each time?

Do you blame your lack of morals and low standards on Apartheid?

You are scum

Feb 05, 2020, 13:31

Once again David, if you want my come back, you can scrape it off your wifes teeth.

Feb 05, 2020, 15:07

You are one big fucking yawn

You need to Log in to reply.