You need to LOG IN to reply.

What a disgrace at Newlands and Markram ensured his selection

Forum » Cricket » What a disgrace at Newlands and Markram ensured his selection

Mar 17, 2019, 14:44

The fact is the 5th  ODI was abandoned because the one tower failed to light up - probably as a result of the disgusting situation caused by Eskom

However, there were enough actual game time to -

*    confirm what I thought about De Kock not really be interested to play in the ODI;

*    indicate that Markram should be the  opening partner of De Kock with his MOM  be indicative of his achievements both in batting and in fielding;

*     comfirm that the Proteas won the ODI.

Fact is that  Markram was the MOM of the game yesterday and De Kock the MOM of the series,   

Mar 18, 2019, 19:30

No MIke. If it was due to Eskom, none of the lights would be functional.

The lights are also on generators so it was probably a technical issue.

Mar 18, 2019, 20:39

Ed

Thanks for the correction - but some equipment in my house packed in because of load-shedding and I thought it might be the case with that pylon too. 

I had to start up the generator at my house - we are havog our third sessioh today - otherwise I could not type the message. 

Mar 19, 2019, 11:18

If one day Markram gets it together he'll be the next big thing in cricket. I don't know what his problem is but I suspect it has to do with inexperience. I believe that he'll only get better if he realises more consistent longer stays at the crease. As a batsman I'm prepared to stick my neck out and say he'll finish up better than Kallis.

Mar 19, 2019, 13:04

Denny

Kallis was a cricket great admired all round the world.  He was one of the all-round greats of all time.    

Having said that there was one minor deficiency in  his batting in ODI's at 3 that caused a risk for his team.   In ODI;s his strike rate was 72,98 which for a top batsman in ODI;s were too low.  Top class ODI batsman average strike rate in excess of 65 and higher - a top class batsman in excess of 100.     

Mar 19, 2019, 16:00

@Denny

The challenge for Markram now is that he is already 24.

Kallis was already well underway by that stage.

I agree with you on Markrams talent. He is the future of our top order.

But he needs to be:

a. More consistent

b. Transition from being a great talent to being a world leading batsman

Mar 20, 2019, 03:49

Agreed on all fronts. Flash we're pretty much on the same page.

Mike, yes, that is why Kallis will never be regarded as the best ever allrounder. For much of his earlier career he was too slow.

Change of topic, have you guys selected your WC squad on Supersport?

Mar 20, 2019, 04:29

Denny

I tried to find the comp you are referring to but was unsuccessful.   Have you got a link please.

Mar 20, 2019, 04:45

https://www.supersport.com/cricket/icc-world-cup-2019/pick-your-proteas

Mar 20, 2019, 17:47

Thanks I will join a bit later  the list to be chosen from is ridiculous and I could only find 13 plaers I would choose,  

Mar 20, 2019, 22:30

Same here, I could only pick 11:(

Flash, how did you go?

You need to Log in to reply.