You need to LOG IN to reply.

What has AB been up to since his retirement

Forum » Cricket » What has AB been up to since his retirement

Feb 25, 2019, 21:17

AB has for years been playing for Bangelore in the IPL where according to legend he is paid circa R20 million for the IPL competition every year.   His contract for Bangelore is still in place and he will play for Bangelore in the IPL as well this year.

It is certain the AB does not go for cheap and  the other contracts signed by him since retirement are as follows:

2018      -    Mzanzi Super League           -   Tshwane  Spartans (captain)

2019      -    Bangladesh Premier League -   Rangpur  Riders

2019      -    Pakistan Super League         -   Lahore Qaalanders

2019      -    Twenty20Blast                     -   Midddlesex

In all the competitions - bar the Mzanzi Super League where he failed badly - he played brilliant cricket as a batsman. 

Taking into account that none of the above takes place during the WC - and conservatively estimated he made more than R30 million since retirement, I wonder whether he could not be persuaded to play for the Proteas in the WC.  A special plea by his friend Faf could perhaps work - but one wonders whether he would agree.

Feb 25, 2019, 22:16

I wonder whether he could not be persuaded to play for the Proteas in the WC.  A special plea by his friend Faf could perhaps work 

Spot on Mike.

I am absolutely convinced that the current team has so many hopeless players that they have no chance whatsoever to do well in the upcoming WC. AB do still have the ability and consistency to score fast with high scores. He is one of a kind.

AB is now 35 years old and that is still young enough for a cricketer ... Chris Gayle, at 40 years old, scored a few day ago more than 100 runs against England.

En nou aan ek eers verjaardagkoek eet!

Feb 25, 2019, 23:35

Geluk met jou verjaarsdag.

You need to Log in to reply.