You need to LOG IN to reply.

Windies v Aussies for Final - you heard it here first

Forum » Cricket » Windies v Aussies for Final - you heard it here first

Jun 03, 2019, 08:29

Well... seen as rugby is beyond a joke now on my continent I may as well switch attn to a game I have a degree of trust in.

From early on - those windies look seriously scary and will trouble the Aussies this week - I will go on to say no other team has the ability to beat this West Indian team... they are like 1980s good... 

Get you Saffa pesos on them...!!

Jun 03, 2019, 08:53

I was chatting to some mates on Saturday and I said the exact same thing about this Windies side

Especially how NZ destroyed India, but then the Windies posted over 400 against NZ

It's either the Aussies or England facing the West Indies in the final

Jun 03, 2019, 09:14

C'mon, you guys can't be serious comparing them to the '80's immortals? Surely not. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the reincarnation of those greats but the current side though good has a fair way to go to catchup with Viv, Haynes, Greenidge, Lloyd, Garner, Holding and Marshal...let alone the swashbuckling Alvin and Rowe. :ermm:

Jun 03, 2019, 09:26

I am not comparing them to the great 80's side Denny

Sorry, should have been more clear in my post

However, I do genuinely believe that they have the side to win this world cup though, I have been extremely impressed with them from the very first game that they played

Jun 03, 2019, 10:36

100% They're a huge chance even though I don't have them in my top 4. I see they've reverted back to their old tactic of short-pitched bowling on flat wickets. Top idea when the ball isn't moving.

Jun 03, 2019, 10:39

I was chatting to some SAFFA's over the weekend who were very dismissive of AB360 and Steyn......"Don't need them they said." Would that be the general feeling across the country?

Jun 03, 2019, 13:43

I guess most people have just come to the realization that we won't have them Denny

You need to Log in to reply.