Euro 2021 . . .

Forum » Football » Euro 2021 . . .

Jun 08, 2021, 13:31

Just 3 more days before Italy take on Turkey in the opening match of Euro 2021.

So who is everyone tipping? I think France have the strongest team but against them is the fact that they're in the group of death along with Germany and Portugal. Quite how those three footballing superpowers ended up in the same group while perennial under-achievers Holland are in a group with the likes of Ukraine, Austria and North Macedonia is a bit of a mystery but it does mean that Holland have a cruise to the semifinals while France, Germany and Portugal have a fight just to get out of the group.

Italy, Belgium and Spain also have pretty straightforward groups while England are in a trickier group against Croatia, Czech Republic and Scotland . . . but still nothing like the Group of Death.

I like Belgium. I tipped them for the last World Cup and they were a bit unlucky to lose in the semifinal to eventual winners France but a lot will depend on Kevin de Bruyne getting over his facial injury and Eden Hazard re-discovering his form from 2 years ago. If Belgium have those two players fit and firing then I give them a good chance.

Apart from France and Belgium, teams like Germany, Portugal, Italy, Spain and England have pretty good squads that are capable of winning the tournament if a bit of luck goes their way while Holland don't have a particularly impressive squad but benefit from a very easy draw.

Wales will be among my personal favourites but I can't see them repeating their 2016 heroics where they topped their group and went all the way to the semifinals . . . but I'll be hoping lightning can strike twice.

So who does everyone else think could win?

You need to Log in to reply.