‘Clever’ on Nadal and Nadal’s response

Forum » Other Sports » ‘Clever’ on Nadal and Nadal’s response

May 17, 2021, 05:25

Clevermike on Nadal

‘Rafael Nadal

What can one say - of somebody told me that by middle May Nadal only won one tournament 2021 I would not have believed him or her.  Nadal is horribly out of form this year    He was beaten in the Aussie Open quarterfinal by Medvedev, In Monte Carlo by Rublev and in Madrid by Sverev.    His only win this year in Barcelona  against Tsitsipas was due no doubt to match fatigue of Tsitsipas.    Will he make it in Rome?   I will not put a cent on that.’

Nadal’s response  

Tennis – ATP Masters 1000 – Italian Open – Foro Italico, Rome, Italy – May 16, 2021 Spain’s Rafael Nadal celebrates with the trophy after winning his final match against Serbia’s Novak Djokovic REUTERS/Guglielmo Mangiapane

May 17, 2021, 05:29

Tennis – ATP Masters 1000 – Italian Open – Foro Italico, Rome, Italy – May 16, 2021 Spain’s Rafael Nadal celebrates with the trophy after winning his final match against Serbia’s Novak Djokovic REUTERS/Guglielmo Mangiapane

May 17, 2021, 05:30

May 17, 2021, 05:31

......we’ll you get the picture, hahahaha!

May 17, 2021, 08:53

No Mozart

You are in the wrong again.   Winning two champiosnships in 6 months is not any indication o trends and I clearly said Rolland Garross will indicate the real situation as the Nadal's performance,   What is clear is that Djokovic  remains in dismal form and that is eident fromn his results since October last year.

Since October last year - the trophy win position is as follows:-

Nadal           =      2  in    7  competitions

Djokovic      =      1  in    8   competitions

Only a total idiot will regard that as proof  that either of the two are on par with their previous performances.     So lets look at wat happens in Roland Garross and then see what the situation really is, 

May 17, 2021, 21:14

Clever you said you wouldn’t put a cent on Nadal in Rome....not Rolland Garros that you are now trying desperately to introduce. Schplottttt you tennis ignoramus!

May 17, 2021, 23:15

Mozart

With that record over the past six months anybody putting money on Nadal would be a fool.    In the end he won the match against even a bigger failure than him in that period,   

I do not think that Nadal would succeed again in Paris  anyway - so lets see what happen,   

By the way your performance assessment of rugby and cricket players - based on prejudice - is teen times worse than the factual situation I used in my assessment of the performances of Nada; during the past six months anyway,    If I am a tennis ignoramus , you are a rugby, cricket  and tennis TRIPLE ignoramus.    

May 17, 2021, 23:42

By the way adverse weather conditions had a serious impact on  player performances.   For instance Djokovic had to play the quarterfinal  and semifinal on the same day - Satruday last week.    

That could account for all the upsets  in the tournament as well.   One example is Opelka going through to the semi against Nadal.   He was playing in Geneva  a bit earlier today and in the first round  in Geneva and lost in two sets  - the first set in a tiebreak nd the second set 6-2  - in a first round match against a qualifier from Uruguay/.

Seems to me the Rome series should not be taken to seriously anyway,     

You need to Log in to reply.