@Kombuis

Forum » Other Sports » @Kombuis

Dec 11, 2020, 22:22

I'm chuffed, backed a horse called "Traces" in R7 run at Greyville yesterday. Grabbed it at 7/1. 

Thought I'll give you the heads up about the breed. The sire "Snitzel" has twice been Australian sire of the year, he's from the impeccable "Danehill" line. There's another brilliant sire along those same lines named "Redoute's Choice" but here's the thing......"Snitzel" leans to producing sprinters, his offspring are great over the 1000 to 1200 meters and a bit. Both of these two outstanding sires have offspring racing in South Africa.

Good luck.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:50

I don't often follow the breeding but I'll keep a look out for Snitzel's runners.

The Cape Town Met is going to be a cracker this year. Unbeaten filly Summer Pudding is up against the big guns like Do It Again, Belgarion and Rainbow Bridge as well as highly rated 3 year old star Malmoos. 

Will be her biggest test yet but she's won 9 out of 9 and I'll be backing her to make it 10.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:14

Yeah, beware of the Filly's...the ladies can be dangerous in feature Races.

Kevin Shea won the July twice on Filly's ...Ipi Tombi and Dancers Daughter.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:20

I'm keen on studying the pedigree, it's where I start before anything else but that aside South Africans are keen buyers over here and they buy offspring from our top sires. The exchange in currency doesn't seem to dampen their enthusiasm. Mike de Kock has quite a few but then again he races for a  rich Sheik who buys the horses. There's quite a few saffa jockeys who've settled in Oz and they all seem to be doing well, three in QLD and one in Victoria. 

I'll do the form on the ones you've mentioned closer to the race. Love your Formgrid....it's great.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:31

Going to have a bet on Lady Defiance(AUS) running in R7 at Greyville tomorrow. The breeding is top class.

Dec 14, 2020, 12:26

My cousin has a few active runners.

She's constantly inviting me to Turfontein but I never manage to get there. 

Far more interested in the breeding than the races.

Dec 14, 2020, 13:29

Denny I see Lady Defiance has only run twice on the Reef, her first race she came nowhere and her second outing she ran 1st on a different jockey, Randal Simons. On the 15th Gavin Lerena will ride her in Durban. De Kock knows more about her abilities and condition than anybody else and no doubt she is well prepared.

Being bred in Australia might be a good sign for you.

When I bet on Ipi Tombi and Dancers Daughter it was only a once a year flutter on SA biggest race...I knew Kevin and I thought correctly by chance, as I knew nothing about the rest of the field...the odds were good 10 to1 and I thought why not. When he rode next on a filly I did same.back a filly with Shea...just luck...her odds were good too but she tied with another I cannot remember the other horse)) so the payout was halved.

Go for it in moderation...sometimes these things work.:D

Dec 14, 2020, 13:51

Enjoy!!!

Dec 14, 2020, 19:40

Seb

I'm not tipping Lady Defiance, hell no, we know what happens when I do hahahaha

I'm having a punt simply because I know the quality of the breeding and because the Ozzie horses win when least expected at good odds. I never back them when they're favourites. There's another Ozzie horse in that same race with a lot more racing under its belt and although not as well bred I might have a look at its form.

Dec 15, 2020, 17:57

Oh dear Denny....hahaha...I'm not giving you any luck...a Jonah...haha.....hahaha....I'm sorry hahahahaha.

Oh shame poor Denny...she did not run in Durban...hahaha...but at Vaal and the worst news of all out of 14 runners she came 14 th.:'(

What a ....faux pas...I only hope Kombuis did not ...hahaha...take a flutter hahahaha.

Backing Australian horses must be a bad omen...hahaha.

14th
Horse silk
½
(1)
7/1

Dec 15, 2020, 23:54

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself even if it's at my expense......but easy now I did say it wasn't a tip....read my above post again.  Tomorrow's another day even though I appear to be the Jonah of all punters  hahahaha

Dec 15, 2020, 23:54

duplicate

Dec 16, 2020, 17:04

Actually I was laughing mainly at myself...after referring to my luck with 2 Durban July's.

The Jonah probably was me Hahaha.

Maybe next time...interestingly enough she came stone last the first race she ran and then the next she won only her second outing. Bear in mind she's a female so next race she might win...you never can tell.....hahahahaha.She probably had a headache:D

Dec 16, 2020, 18:34

I suspect the weight she carried 2nd run up might have been too much. There were a few older ones who carried less. We'll never really know horses don't talk but stone cold last...no I think she's better than hathahahaha

You need to Log in to reply.