You need to LOG IN to reply.

Enjoy The Masters everyone....

Forum » Rugby » Enjoy The Masters everyone....

Apr 11, 2019, 15:42

I know I will.

Go Tiger!!!

Apr 11, 2019, 15:46

Yeah ... I too will be cheering him on.

Apr 11, 2019, 16:00

Good on'ya! 

Say did you know that more than half of Sydney is Poofter? What earthly chance did he think he had taking on the world's Poofter capital!

Apr 11, 2019, 16:19

Really?

You're kidding right?

Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaahahaaa!!!

No wonder he's hidden himself.

Apr 11, 2019, 16:33

We have invited 4 golf pros and a bunch of friends to watch today. Bobotie and melk tert cooked by my daughter and some lekker South African red wines.

Should be grand.....go Rory!

Apr 12, 2019, 04:15

I see my bloke is on a roll.......just watch him smoke the course wants he gets the feel of it.

Go Tiger!

Apr 13, 2019, 23:02

Dense, for once you and I agree.

Go Tiger!!!

Apr 15, 2019, 08:34

Incredible..

What a champion.

Apr 15, 2019, 13:12

Just thinkng about his inspiration in three different generations. Incredible that he would have been a hero to the ones competing against him at the Masters. 

As for his back problems, I know what he went through as I'm a long time suffer of sciatica nerve pain. Don't wish it on my worse enemy.

Makes you wonder how many tournaments he would have won if it wasn't for the enforced absence and personal problems.

Apr 15, 2019, 19:08

Tiger was playing patchy golf yesterday until a lightning struck on the 11th hole. Another poor drive put him in the trees to the right....he had been in the trees on 1, 2, 7 and 10 already.

Each time miraculously he had a path to the green. The same thing was true on 11....a moderate draw would put him on the green. But he was a long way back and the slope takes that shot into the water.

For me his iron shot there was the shot of the tournament. Then on 12 inexplicably Molinari, Koepka and Finau all hit short into aqua. How Finau could do this after watching Molinari was a mystery....how any of these guys could is frankly also stunning.

But those two events launched Tiger....gone were the errant tee shots. From 12 through 17 he hit the best shots in the field and closed the door.

Frankly I never thought he could come back from his back...but he has. Augusta helped because it is very forgiving for poor tee shots. In a British Open some of those first nine drives would have been unplayable.

But the man is a great competitor....no bs just winning....I wish our rugby players could get that. And in spite of all his unattractive history, his fellow competitors were there to shake his hand at the end. The most eloquent compliment

Apr 16, 2019, 17:11

What is even more interesting to know about Tiger is the following

Tiger was asked, not too long ago by a sports reporter, if he wanted to win another major, and if so, what were his main reasons for doing so.

He immediately replied yes he does want to win another major, but it was his reason behind it that got my attention...…..When asked why..... he replied that his kids had never seen their father win a major live.... they had only seen it on tv.

He said his motivation came from wanting his kids to experience a major win, with him

When I read that, I was cheering him on from when the Masters started on day one

Apr 17, 2019, 13:46

Some lucky punter stuck $85,000 on Tiger at 14/1....

Apr 17, 2019, 14:53

Clearly he could afford it :D

You need to Log in to reply.