Form Grid July Handicap

Forum » Other Sports » Form Grid July Handicap

Jul 06, 2019, 08:30

The favourite Hawwaan is trained by Mike De Kock but I'm going for his lesser fancied stable (also trained by Mike) and ridden by a young, African jockey who is good and reliable and this colt has Australian sire and owned by a Sheik.. He is both a sprinter and stays at 1800 metres but the July is 2200...I think Mike De Kock has something up his sleeve...not much has been said or written about Barahin's chances...seems like a "dark" horse.

He is currently 7-1, might be a good combo with Paddy Power to call him and the Jaguares to achieve their endeavours.

Jul 06, 2019, 09:15

I'll be including Barahin in my trifectas and quartets but I think it's going to be out of Hawwaam and Do It Again. 

I'm also including the long shot Head Honcho. He's a strong front runner and nearly kept going to win the Sun Met earlier this year. If he tries the same tactics then the shorter Greyville straight will suit him.

Jul 06, 2019, 09:41

Well you could be right but the way I see it is that Mike De Kock obviously knows something of the horse which he keeps a secret otherwise he obviously would not enter it...we know he can win sprints but so could good horses in the past that could win over 10 furlongs plus, he has won over 1800 metres but never raced over that.

I just have a sneaking suspicion that he is very capable over 1800 and won't fade...I have not looked at his sire or the dam but racing often produces surprises on this type of scenario. Ofcourse I don't know anything more and could easily be wrong but it's just a hunch. 7-1 is good odds.

The young African jock is an obedient rider and rides to instructions, Hawwaan could well be the lost leader, although he is very classy. Seen that happen often enough in handicap races.

Jul 06, 2019, 20:54

Well Hawwaan went down the drain...too much anxiety and scratched because failed to settle down in starting block...Barahim also never challenged...a very boring slow paced July...not anywhere like old races. Certainly one to forget. Hawwaan had sweat on thbe saddle...shennagigans?

You need to Log in to reply.