Giro d'Italia 2019 . . .

Forum » Other Sports » Giro d'Italia 2019 . . .

May 16, 2019, 19:47

What a fantastic stage!

I have no doubt Masnada and Conti had an agreement . . . Conti would have said to Masnada something along the lines of, work wth me and I'll let you take the stage win while I take the Maglia Rosa.

The courage, cameraderie and tactics of Grand Tour cycling make it my favourite sport to watch . . . even if I'm not much of a cyclist.

Primoz Roglic and Simon Yates both had the confidence to let the gaps remain and the result unfold. They have some big mountain battles ahead of them and allowing the lesser riders take the Maglia Rosa takes a lot of pressure off them . . . but Conti is not a bad climber and that's a substantial lead he now has.

Any other cycling fans out there?

May 19, 2019, 22:38

Primoz Roglic laying down the law in today's time trial.

Has there ever been anyone in the professionla sports era who switched from one sport to another and achieved such amazing success?

For those who don't know, Primoz Roglic was a junior world ski-jump champion who suffered an horrific crash and decided there were other sports he could excel at and so swithched to cycling. He's on track to win his first Grand Tour in this year's Giro and may not be in shape to compete in the Tour de France this year but he'll win the sport's showpiece one day and become one of the great multi-discipline sportsmen.

You need to Log in to reply.