Koepka is hitting the ball so far....

Forum » Other Sports » Koepka is hitting the ball so far....

May 18, 2019, 22:59

....he's flying the dog legs.....into the section of fairway at a 45 degree angle to the tee. Effectively converting many of the holes into a 100 metre wide fairways. So he only misses the fairway if he hits it too far.

Draw yourself a little picture....it's a different game.

May 19, 2019, 22:06

Was really hoping that my 2nd favourite Yank golfer (after Tiger) Jordan Spieth could get into this Major with his amazing putting ability but this course favours the heavy hitters so much that it's only a question of if Koepka screws up and allows Dustin Johnson a sniff.

Don't think I'll be stayng up to midnight watching Koepka go through the motions.

Don't get me wrong, Koepka is a great player and I'm sure he'll go on to win a few more Majors . . . especially when the course is set up for length off the tee rather than shot-making or putting . . . but he's not someone I root for to sink putts or get it close. He looks like a an arrogant and big-headed twat to me but having said that, I can't help admiring his answer when asked how many more Majors he's going to win and he said he was still 11 behind Tiger (effectively giving himself this Major after two rounds) but you can't fault his self-confidence.

If it comes down to Koepka vs Dustin Johnson (and I don't think it will . . . I think this is done and dusted) I'd probably pull for Johnson, but only because he's the current underdog. He's also a bit of a self-absorbed individual who loves nothing more than posing for the cameras after a good shot. 

Wish Rory had made a better fist of it ths weekend. He's also a heavy hitter but unlike Koepka and Johnson, he has a bit of class and charisma . . . even if he's curently lacking their consistency. Not sure Rory is ever going to fulfil his potential because he's all over the place these days.

I'm already looking forward to the two Opens - British and US - and already saying Go Tiger! Hope those two tournaments are set up to reward skill rather than just brute strength.

May 20, 2019, 03:03

Pebble Beach is going to be interesting.

May 20, 2019, 06:02

Pebble is a much different test, and very familiar to the old guard. Bethpage turned out to be a power players only contest. We will see the likes of Thomas, Schauffle and Spies contesting at Pebble...along with players who know it well like Phil and Tiger.

Can Rory get his game together to take the first Open in Ireland for ages...another fascinating question.

May 21, 2019, 04:30

I'd love to see Tiger push back on father time by putting it together, I get the feeling he's being shackled and that he's running out of time. BTW wifey and I visited Pebble Beach as part of our CA tour, we even had lunch in the clubhouse. I had no idea that it's a Tsunami zone.

May 21, 2019, 05:27

Nice Denny.....it's not CT but still very nice.

You need to Log in to reply.