You need to LOG IN to reply.

Mayweather vs Mcgregor . . .

Forum » Cricket » Mayweather vs Mcgregor . . .

Aug 21, 2017, 14:22

Anyone think Conor McGregor has any kind of chance against Floyd Mayweather?

Strictly speaking he should have no chance whatsoever because it's effectively an amateur boxer taking on not only a professional but one of the greatest professional boxers of all time . . . but McGregor does have a big heart and he's a fighter with a great record of his own . . . only in his own sport, not in boxing.

Still, we can but hope. I'd love to see McGregor knock seven colours of snot out of Mayweather . . . but I can't see it happening.

Aug 21, 2017, 16:24

A farce in the making, unfortunately. 

Just another rip off by the promoters and TV of the public.

Not even going g to place a bet........no interest.

Aug 22, 2017, 14:59

Speak for yourself. I'll be up at whatever ungodly hour to watch this . . . in the admittedly very slim hope that McGregor can match his big talk!

Aug 23, 2017, 14:29

Some of McGregor's classic quotes:

"Four years ago I fought in London at The Forum in front of about 500 people. Now here I am about to quadruple my net worth with one half a fight. Sign me up. No one is going to kick, knee or elbow. And it’s against this little b!tch."

"I have the greatest job in the world. I get loads of cash for beating the crap out of people. And I'm very good at it."

“Me and Jesus are cool. I'm cool with all the gods. Gods recognize gods.”

"There's two things I really like to do and that's whoop ass and look good. I'm doing one of them right now. Saturday night, I'm gonna do the other."

"Trash talk? Smack talk? This is an American term that makes me laugh.  I simply speak the truth. I'm an Irishman."

“The only weight I give a f*ck about is the weight of the cheques and my cheques are super-heavyweight.”

"I see fighters make funny videos about me and stick them on Facebook and get 20 likes. When I make a video, I sell it to Fox and make seven figures. That's the difference."

Aug 23, 2017, 20:21

At least we won't have another flippen draw,possible disqualification on McGregor

Aug 25, 2017, 11:26

McGregor won't be disqualified

He stands to lose 90% of his fees should he do something that stupid, so I highly doubt that happens.  

It has also been stated somewhere that he could be personally sued as well, if he does something like that.

Also, his legacy for himself is just too important to him to do something like that.

I want McGregor to knock Mayweather out cold. 

He has all the tools in the shed, to do this, and he has a very awkward style that Mayweather will have not seen before.  Yes... I have seen that Madaina, Canelo, Manny... all big punchers, have not managed to do this before, but it is not just a throw away statement..... McGregor is and will be a very very different fighter than Floyd has ever met before.

Mayweather says he will push Connor back from the very first bell.... this won't happen in the first few rounds.

I expect Connor to come out fast and very hard and smother Mayweather and back him up all the time with haymakers flying all over, and Connor is accurate and precise with his punches, as is Mayweather, who usually counters off the back foot and then uses his right hand leads. 

I have never once seen Connor constantly back up for any fighter at all, he constantly walks his opponents down, so I don't see that changing, whereas Floyd backs up all the time.

The longer this goes, the less chance McGregor has of winning this, and he knows it.

Mayweather can definitely win this, and win it handily, so it all depends on how Connor starts off.

Connor also has an unbelievable, not often seen, belief in himself, and he, unlike other Mayweather opponents, will not be in awe of who he is fighting, under those lights.

Connor to knock him out in less than 5 rounds.... probably 2, maybe even 1.

Aug 25, 2017, 16:15

I think the fight is a farce but before anyone jumps to it's defence I also think it's good for boxing. Boxing died a slow death after the decline of Ali, sort of picked itself up with the emergence of Tyson but then thereafter went into freefall. This is not the first gimmick fight, fact is there was one back in the 70's when Ali fought a Japanese fighter who was a martial art expert in several disciplines. That fight was a proven farce. This fight will revitalize boxing but for how long no-one knows.

Aug 27, 2017, 01:55

Chuck Wepner once fought a bear .................................

Aug 28, 2017, 09:35

I think boxing got finally snuffed died with the Russian heavyweights,without the connection and language the media and hype died out.

Connor was breathing heavy already in round 3 and when Mayweather pushed him at the end of the round it was over.

Aug 28, 2017, 11:39

Agreed Moonrover

I expected a bit more from McGregor, which was not to be 

Aug 28, 2017, 15:37

So now do we see Mayweather fight McGregor in his ring?

Aug 29, 2017, 03:22

The fight was more like a game of rugby vs league....a joke. 

Oct 21, 2017, 01:20

The nobble......it was there all the time and the bookies never got it.

You need to Log in to reply.