Michael Pickens...

Forum » Other Sports » Michael Pickens...

Jan 10, 2020, 02:01

My other passion!

Brycy do you ever get to Western Springs and watch him?  He just won the 50 lapper last Sunday night for the 8th time.  He races against America and Aussie.  He’s in car CRC what a race.  I live streamed it as I was in Melbourne but I usually go to his races at Western Springs and in Oz.

Jan 18, 2020, 21:22

Cloudy just wanted to update you on the fire/animal donations.

The Canadian and numerous Red Cross societies around the globe have started a program to donate funds for relief in Australia.

It just shows that irrespective of our beliefs and prejudices the human race has still retained its compassion in a time of need.

Rain at last.

God Bless them all.

Jan 21, 2020, 15:18

Hi AJ sorry I just saw this. There is a link somewhere I was reading about how much money has been raised globally but if you google it I’m sure it will come up. The concern now is that this money coming through to charitable organisations will not be misused. I think a government administrator for these funds has been appointed to make sure it goes to where it’s most needed. I heard last count was over 500M and still growing, with over 2000 homes lost and the wildlife decimated, that money is going to come in handy.

The people of Australia are examples of the triumph of the human spirit over adversity, tenacious bunch of people but I think we all are when faced with such tragedies and to see countries all over the globe, coming together and showing compassion reminds me of an inscription I read after the Oklahoma bombing....

‘ In our grief we have become strong, in our spirit we have become united.’

Jan 22, 2020, 23:32

Amen.

You need to Log in to reply.