First Semifinal - S Tsitsipas vs D Evans
The present rankings - Tsitsipas = 5
Evans = 33
Bets - Tsitsipas = 1.16
Evans = 5.50
Andrews is 33 years of age and was at one stage banned for usage was illegal substances, After completing the ban in 2017 he has been competitive, bit never reached a semi-final stage in a PTA 1000 tournament. Djokovic is the first time he has beaten a top ten player in any tournament, Whether to read much into his defeat of Djokovic must be seen against the fact that -
* after lengthy absences frim tennis in 2020 Djokovic was badly beaten in the Austrian Open by Sonego and after that by both Medvedev and Thiem in the end-of- year Champions Tournament in London in November 2020;
* before the Aussie Open Djokovic did play a number of matches in the Tennis World Cup series in Australia to ensure the required level of match fitness to win in that Major - but even then he struggled to win in some matches; and
* Djokovic has not played in any tournament in more than 2 months and he looked rathe questionable when playing Sinner in Round 2 - the latter youngster had two service-breaks in the first set - and seemingly having match fitness problems.
Tsitsipas this year in fact played well and was a semifinalist in the Aussie Open - was a semi-finalist in Rotterdam where he was beaten by Rublev and was a finalist in Acapulco. He had a favorable win-loss ratio in 2021, but did mot look convincing in the up-and-coming Davidovich Fokina - who was looking like beating Tsitsipas before he suffered from a leg muscle injury in the quarterfinals.
Taking into account the above and despite the fact that Evans is a hardworking player there is ln way that Tsitsipas will be beaten by Evans.
Second Semifinal - A Rublev vs C Ruud
The present rankings - Rublev = 8
Ruud = 27
Bets - Rublev = 1.33
Ruud = 3.50
There is little doubt that the 22 year old Ruud is a very good player and the players he beat thus far in Monte Carlo is proof of that. Although he beat Fognini convincingly in the quarterfinals - Rublev beat Fognini 6-2. 6-1 in the World Cuo series in January 2021.
The other fact is that Ruud has played 4 matches against Rublev and never beaten him yet,
* in 2020 won the most tennis tournaments of any tennis player - winning 5 such tournaments against Djokovic's 4; and
* has the best win-loss record of any player thus far in 2021/
Rublev is in red hot form at present and even though Ruud is a very good player - the chances of him beating Rublev is rather remote,.