Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer

Forum » Other Sports » Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer

Jul 12, 2019, 08:12

Said to be the greatest tennis match of all time ... Federer vs Nadal Wimbledon 2008.

Well ... they're at it again. First time they've met at Wimbledon since 2008.

It promises to be a cracker and I can't wait for it.

Go Nadal.

Jul 12, 2019, 08:21

Sorry ... the clip won't take.

Annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8YEiCAPAbg

Jul 12, 2019, 09:16

Having watched much but these two are epic,like an old McEnroe vs Borg duel.

Jul 12, 2019, 09:53

Nadal's "never say die" attitude does it for me. He just doesn't give up ... ever ... even when he's injured,

He has a determination that inspires me and his love for the sport cannot be matched.

I love his whole approach to the game. It helps me overlook his many superstitious habits that drive most insane.

A true champion. Humble. A fighter.

I hope he goes all the way this year.

Jul 12, 2019, 10:45

Go Federer !!

He will go down as the best ever athlete to grace the tennis court

Nadal with those ridiculous superstitious movements before every bloody ball is crazy, but what a fabulous player, I really enjoy watching his passion.

Jul 12, 2019, 12:01

If you're talking the complete player then it's Federer and next best Pete Sampras. If you're talking streetfighter then it's Nadal.

Jul 12, 2019, 13:50

Federer Is 37 and next bIrthday Is In August. How long can he go on.

Anyhow hopIng he wIll wIn the tItle. Can the Fed backhand hold up agaInst Nadal and Doks?

Jul 12, 2019, 17:36

The Joker is waiting. A few frustrations against Agut, who is a kind of 95% Joker clone...but it was inevitable. Agut was the youngster at 31 in the semis and bound to be defeated.

Wanting Roger to win, but Nadal is playing great tennis. Either way the tennis feast of the last 12 years just keeps going.

Jul 12, 2019, 20:54

Best match Roger has played against Nadal.....glorious, beautiful tennis.

Jul 12, 2019, 21:31

What a great win. Federer's backhand stood to the test.

Delighted now just win it Roger! :D

Jul 13, 2019, 11:19

Great win for Federer.

Nadal was pushed off his base line and forced to play from deep. I don't understand why he changed his entire approach which forced a change in shot selection.

Is it a confidence thing?

We've watched him play deep and saw him attack the lines consistently over the last fortnight.

He was at least 3ft short of the line all match long, many times landing his ball in no-mans land.

He also surrended his base line to Roger without a fight which made it so much more difficult for him to play attacking tennis.

Losing that first set cost him big time. 

Nadal is better than that.

Any way ... a great match by Roger ..Nadal made it easier for Roger than it should have been.

It would be great to see the old man beat Novak tomorrow, I don't think Novak will give up his baseline that easily though.

Should be a cracker.

Jul 14, 2019, 11:56

Fantastic to see Simona Halep thrash that arrogant bitch.

All her tantrums come to nothing.

The Serena Williams fear factor is gone for good.

I have been looking forward to this moment for many years.

Congrats Simona. A tennis lesson was on the cards and you delivered it.

You need to Log in to reply.