Ruiz vs Joshua 2

Forum » Other Sports » Ruiz vs Joshua 2

Nov 30, 2019, 09:58

Everybody is cheering for Ruiz.

He throws punches in bunches and seems to have a solid chin.

It was said that Joshua got knocked out quite badly in camp leading up to the first fight and suffered a panic attack in the dressing room prior to the fight.

I find that to be strange.

Routine is a great antidote to panic attacks. Surely his pre-fight routine would focus him on the task at hand. Getting loose, hitting the bag and mitts, etc. 

Still, he looked totally out of sorts and seemingly confused. So the panic attack story matches what we saw in the ring.

As a neutral, I'll be supporting Ruiz but the head says Joshua should take it.

Nov 30, 2019, 10:17

If Joshua loses again, it will probably be the end of him. I don’t see him coming back from a second loss. I hope he wins. I like him.

Dec 01, 2019, 13:13

Cera

Both he and Ruiz are very polite and humble.

My support is purely from wanting the underdog to win. 

Either of those guys would be shredded by Fury and Wilder. Usyk is another strong prospect at heavyweight and I think he'd also beat em both. 

Usyk was supporting his pal Lomachenko at a fight this year. A journo asked Usyk a question about himself.

His answer..."Tonight is about Loma, not me. Have some respect."

Were I not already a fan of his, that statement would have made me one instantly.

Hopefully those two lads inspire more Eastern Euro kids to take up the sport. They're culturally tough and my feeling/hope that we'll see more of email competing at the highest level.

If Lomachenko doesn't inspire you, then nothing will. 

Dec 02, 2019, 08:27

Eddie Hearns has rubbished the claims that Joshua had a panic attack before the fight, and I also don't believe it for a second.

If the man can go and fight Wladimir in front of 90 000 people at Wembley Stadium, without batting an eyelid, then I don't believe the pressure of the Ruiz fight caused a panic attack.

Joshua himself has also outright denied it ever happened

After round 5 in the Ruiz fight, Joshua had to ask what round it was..... and he also said to his trainer, caught on the corner mic... "What is wrong with me.....why am I feeling like this"

I reckon he was concussed from those punches in the 3rd round

Dec 03, 2019, 14:50

It was also said that he was very badly KO's in camp. 

From what i've been reading and watching, heavy KO's like that can mess a fighter up when it happens too close to fight day. 

Dec 03, 2019, 15:24

True Plum, I do agree

Just not too sure what to believe these days.... a lot of it is hype...… a lot of it is bullshit to get into a fighters head.... and a lot of it could be true

It looks like Joshua has dropped a serious amount of muscle for this rematch, and Ruiz has also dropped a serious amount of weight...… which, whilst I think is fantastic weight wise and health wise.... I also believe could be a huge detriment to his chances

Dec 04, 2019, 07:03

A fat arse who uses his weight properly can generate a very powerful punch ... however it's a lot more difficult to maintain one's stamina over distance.

I think Ruiz is preparing for a full 12 rounds, which is always a good thing. A KO is still on the cards. 

From what you guys have posted, I would say that Joshua could be a candidate for a serious brain injury. The symptom don't sound good at all. Personally, I don't think it's wise to get into the ring, especially not against a banger.

Dec 04, 2019, 07:10

Lomachenko is a wizard. He reminds me a lot of Prince Naseem Hamed. He's just as cocky, just as arrogant and like the Prince, loves to taunt and mock his opponents.

I don't like him.

He too will find himself on his back one day ... just like the Prince.

Dec 04, 2019, 07:12

Dec 04, 2019, 07:16

Dec 04, 2019, 07:37

Naseem was a A grade dickhead.

Nobody respected his style and his movement wasn't adopted or coached by anyone since.

The Loma blueprint has been taught up and down both US coasts since he had but a few pro wins under his belt.

That's how legends change the game. 

Dec 04, 2019, 07:39

"No-mas-chenko"

Still can't stop laughing at that name.

Dec 04, 2019, 07:40

Naseem was too arrogant, I never liked him at all. and I was thrilled when Barrera schooled him in boxing, but shit, he was good, and had some power 

I have honestly never actually seen Loma act arrogantly or cocky.... or even make fun of his opponent, so that is certainly an interesting part of his character that I have yet to see for myself.

Some combat sports people have incredible endurance, but in general, it just does not work for most people..... Look at MMA...… you had Tank Abbot, with that massive stomach..... and then you recently got Roy Nelson, with just as big of a stomach..... in no way at all did they look in shape..... but boy they could go the rounds.... with full effort

Let's also not forget Butterbean...…. who at one point, to be honest, was grossly obese..... but fuck me could he punch

Some people are freaks of nature, but in general, I agree CC..... the bigger.... fatter... more overweight athlete..... will not be able to manage or go the distance

Dec 04, 2019, 07:52

Dec 04, 2019, 08:34

Loma gets frustrated since he came to fight yet due to his dominance it tends to be 12 rounds of him chasing a champ around the ring despite normally having a shorter reach.

Dec 04, 2019, 08:49

Lol CC

Stop saying stuff just for the sake of disagreeing.

You really going tell us that you don't like Loma?

Even the detail of his dad forcing him into Ukranian folk dancing as a way to improve his foot movement when he was like six years old...is a small yet brilliant part of his story.

The fact that his dad coached him for the last 20+ years and together they've changed the sport for ever. It's goosebumps stuff man.

And that's before we even talk about what he actually does in the ring.

Just admit it man, since I know you like boxing, you are a fan. 

If not, you are literally the only boxing fan I've ever spoken to that dislikes him.

Dec 04, 2019, 09:31

How can one not stay fixated ... glued to the screen? He entertains. Of course I'm going to watch his fights. He is a special man, with a talent totally unique.

Yeah ... I guess your right ... I must be fan.

Dec 04, 2019, 10:02

So predictions for this weekend?

I say Joshua by knockout

Dec 04, 2019, 10:17

I'm picking Ruiz..

Joshua caught him a few times before the train smash happened. If AJ is faster and lighter then he'll likely land more too. So common sense says, Joshua.

...but juju!

Ruiz has bruja specters in his corner haha.

Dec 04, 2019, 10:18

CC

Ja! See, i knew it ;)

Dec 04, 2019, 10:21

Yes ... I'm also going for Ruiz. He seems determined to prove himself worthy of the title.

I'm just hope Joashua doesn't get seriously hurt.  

Dec 04, 2019, 10:23

Haaaaahahahahaaaa ... you got me, Plum.

Dec 06, 2019, 08:05

Fury agrees with CC and I. 

Says Joshua might have a good/better game plan but he knows Ruiz beat him before and as soon as he gets tagged those memories will come flooding back.

Might be a good fight. 

Are we gonna we AJ jabs for 12 rounds non-stop. It's possible. Hopefully not.

Let's see.

Dec 06, 2019, 08:26

£60M for Joshua ... win or lose.

Damn ... that's a shitload of coin.

What time is the fight being televised?

Dec 06, 2019, 11:02

You are fucking kidding me...…..

Supersport are not broadcasting the Joshua vs Ruiz rematch

What just made my Friday a shitty one.....

Dec 08, 2019, 11:57

Wow.

That was about as boring as it gets.

"Are we gonna see AJ jabs for 12 rounds non-stop. It's possible. Hopefully not."

Guess so.

Dec 12, 2019, 10:12

Ruiz enjoyed a length party after defeating Joshua and forgot to train ... lol.

What a bozo.

He deserved his beating.

I see he wants a re-match.

The heavy weight division needs a superstar  ... someone to stand up and bring the fans back to boxing.

Dec 12, 2019, 12:09

Actualy very disappointing for Ruiz

Purely because he went against every single piece of advice that his trainer and father gave to him.... whilst training, and during the fight

What a tit

You need to Log in to reply.