So....about Nadal and Djokovic

Forum » Other Sports » So....about Nadal and Djokovic

May 15, 2021, 20:40

Hahaha.....care to reverse your position Tokkie. Nobody gets it more wrong  more often:

ROME -- Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal had starkly different days at the Italian Open on Saturday.

Djokovic regained his cool after throwing his racket off the court in a grueling, rain-delayed quarterfinal victory over Stefanos Tsitsipas by 4-6, 7-5, 7-5, then was to play his semifinal later against local favorite Lorenzo Sonego in the second match of the day for both players.

"I haven't played too many matches this year, so I don't feel too exhausted," Djokovic said. "I'm pumped to get another win today."

Nadal, meanwhile, kept his time on court to a minimum by ending the surprising clay-court run of big-serving American Reilly Opelka by 6-4, 6-4 in the semifinals.

The 6-foot-11 Opelka hadn't dropped a set this week and threatened early against Nadal with a series of huge forehands. But Nadal saved four break points in the fourth game of the match then broke in the next game to take control and move within one victory of a record-extending 10th title at the Foro Italico.

May 15, 2021, 22:10

One of them will win his second  tournament in 2021.    Nadal's  only win thus far has been in Barcelona  and Djokovic  in the Aussie Open.   Too early to make any assessment of the present scenario as to sustained performances are concerned,     The French Open is 6 fays away and we will them see whether they are still on top.

May 15, 2021, 22:19

Your take on Nadal:

His only win this year in Barcelona  against Tsitsipas was due no doubt to match fatigue of Tsitsipas.    Will he make it in Rome?   I will not put a cent on that.  

Hahaha....Tokkie you  know very little about rugby but even less about cricket and tennis.

In any case I thought I you said I beat  Tsitsipas in Spain.

May 15, 2021, 22:27

Mozart

I look at Nadal's  performances this far this year and who has beaten them in tournaments this year/    Although Nadal made  to the final  in Rome could be a flash  in the pan,   

May 16, 2021, 00:58

Nadal a ‘flash in the pan’? That may be the stupidest thing you have ever said.....and you have said many stupid things.

May 16, 2021, 06:55

Based on his performances thus far this year it could be serious observation/     We will see jat happens next week  in the French Open,     Shapovalov -  whose performances this year was rather poor and  slipped in the rankings - came within one point of beating him when he had two match points in Rome.   

So lets look at the performances of Nadal over the last six months:-

*    Paris Masters !000  tournament  - lost playing Alexander Sverev in the semi

*     EOY Championship - lost against Dominic Thiem in the Round Robin and  Danill Medvedev in the Semi-final.

*     Did not play  in the World Cup series in Australia

*     Australian Open - Lost against Danill Medvedev in the  quarterfinal

*      Monte Carlo Masters 1000 - Lost against Andrey Rublev in the quarterfinals

*      Barcelona 500  -   After struggling in two round robin matches - he got top the final  and beat Stefanios Tsisipas  - his only win thus far in 2021

*      Madrid 1000 tournament  - beaten by Alexander Sverev in the semi

Even though Nadal got through to the final - he struggled to beat two much lower rankled players on the way the  final.   One tournament win in six months is not really all thatc convincing.     Anyway - Nadal  should win today and for his sake I hope he does,    Djokovic even had a worse record  the past six months than Nadal had,    He managed to win the Aussie Open  - but nothing else.   He even struggled to beat Lorenzo Sonego yestwerday in the Semi-final the latter taking him to 3 sets.   

Unlike you  I look at real performances in matches - and do not make up stories about what happened like you do.                  

You need to Log in to reply.