The 2021 Roland Garross Tournament

Forum » Other Sports » The 2021 Roland Garross Tournament

May 22, 2021, 15:18

Initially the tournament was supposed to start on 24 May 202, but after consultations  with the Government the following program was decuded upon:-

Player qualification                       -   24 to 28 May 2021

Tournament commencement         -    30 May 2021

Running                                      -    28 May to 13 June 2021

May 25, 2021, 06:23

The qualifying rounds started today and  by Friday 32 qualifiers will be known.   Superbru is running a competition starting from Round 1 and my two selections for Round 1 are  Rublev and Berrettini.    

May 26, 2021, 07:25

Bar for 1 game all  the Round 1 of the  qualification fames ha been completed  and the number has been reduced from  128 players to 64 upon completion pf the game mentioned..   The second round reducing the numbers to  32  will be played today and tomorrow - and on Friday the number will be further reduced to 16 actual qualifiers,

It is likely that  the actual full draw for the  tournament will be known by   Saturday - since the first Round 1 tournament matches  will be played on Sunday,   The  Round 1 matches will be completed  by  Tuesday and on  Wednesday the Round 2 matches will commence, reducing the remining players to 32,

I will give  a breakdown of the remaining players  and whom they are playing before the start of the Round 3 matches next week.   

May 27, 2021, 19:04

All of Federer, Nadal and Federer are in the top half of the draw.  If Federer survives in the Second Round of the series it will be a miracle.     With his record this year on clay Djokovic  may get top the fourth  round - but he has no chance going further.   Nadal should hope that he does not meet Rublev - who disgraced him on Monte Carlo.        

May 28, 2021, 19:38

The following gives the round 1 matches in the main draw of  the Roland Garross matches iro th top ten  seeded players::-

1     Novak Djokovic        vs          Tennys Sandgren

2    Danill Metvedev         vs          Alexander Bublik

3    Rafael Nadal              vs          Alexei Popirin  

4    Domonic  Thiem        vs         Pablo Andujar-Alba

5    Stefanos Tsitsipas      vs          Jeremy Chardy 

6    Alexander  Sverev     vs           Oscar Otte

7    Andrey Rublev           vs          Jan-Lennard Struff 

8    Roger Federer            vs           Denis Istomin

9    Matteo  Berrettini      vs           Tari Daniel      

10  Diego Schwartznan    vs           Lu  Jen-Hsun 

Of the above 10 seeded players Federer, Thiem  and Schwartzman are totally out of form and those three could be in danger of losing in Round 1.  

May 30, 2021, 09:31

The following matches will be on TV today:-

11:00         =      Fognini    vs    Barrere

12:30         =      Thiem      vs    Andujar Alba

16:00         =      Tsitsipas   vs   Chardy

16:00        =       Sverev      vs    Otte

The other  7  top 10 seeded players are playing tomorrow or Tuesday,    

May 30, 2021, 22:46

Round 1 comprising  64 games is on the way  and matches will continue tomorrow.     I was not surprised that Thiem  was defeated  in Round 1.   Thiem has been on extreme  poor form this year and plagued by injuries as well.    I have included the number 11 seeded player so qas t keep the list  of  10 players to follow.

Sverev was bloody lucky he was taken to a five-setter by  Otte - the number 167 ranked player in the world - and won in the end after Otte ran out of steam in the last three sets,     

The players will face the following players in Round 2:-

1     Novak Djokovic                vs            

2     Danill Medvedev               vs                  Tommy Paul

3     Rafael Nadal                      vs

5    Stefanos Tsitsipas               vs                    Pedro Martinez

6    Alexander Sverev                vs                   Roman Safiullin

7    Andrey  Rublin                     vs

8    Roger Federer                     vs                   Marin Cilic

9    Matteo Berrettini                  vs

10  Diego Schwartzman            vs

11  Roberto Bautista-Agut         vs                  Hemri Laaksonen                                                   

May 31, 2021, 01:14

All of Federer, Nadal and Federer are in the top half of the draw’...if the players were as careless as you are, every point would be won by a double fault. Clean up your act you pompous Old Tart.

May 31, 2021, 08:25

Look at what happened this year you stupid old fart.   Ignore facts and write fiction and lies on site is your preserve.                 

May 31, 2021, 15:25

This is what happened,  completely contrary to your predictions....Joker won Aus, Nadal won Rome......when will you stop predicting. Nobody does it worse or more pompously.

May 31, 2021, 17:31

Accidents do happen.    Nadal was demolished in both Monte Carlo and Madrid and was in trouble in Rome as well.   A stronger and better player than Shapovalov  would not  have win the two match points he had  and not surrendered to Nadal.    Please note that  Shapovalov is not a top 10 player.    Nobody pollute threads more than you do.      

May 31, 2021, 18:47

So Federer was supposed to lose in the first round.....hahaha... score another one for the Old Tart Notsofarmus.

May 31, 2021, 19:38

I never said he was to lose in the first round liar.  I said that he is in danger of losing - that does not mean that I said anything else about him losing.     He played a qualifier and his next opponent is Marin Cilic and in that case I believe that he may be not so lucky.

By the way  Djokovic struggled to beat Sonego in a three-settter in Rome  - but Harris beat Sonego in three sets today - an easy win.    Show you the quality of the opposition in Rome anyway.                             

May 31, 2021, 22:59

This what you said you old Tart:

‘If Federer survives in the Second Round of the series it will be a miracle.’

That says the odds of Federer surviving are very low. ‘I never said he was to lose’ is just another lie. You said it would be miracle if he didn’t lose. Notsofarmus in mid season form.

Jun 01, 2021, 10:29

Federer has nothing to lose. That makes him a very dangerous hombre.

I think it would be unwise to write this old man off.

I would not be surprised to see him in the semis. 

You need to Log in to reply.