The falling Imp

Forum » Other Sports » The falling Imp

Jul 23, 2019, 21:04

Sadly the Imps brief improvement has ended.....as he slumps to a Tour nadir of 136 on the Nîmes leg. If he were a pigeon one would have to cross him with a steadier bird.

Jul 24, 2019, 04:04

Well, using the pigeon model there are probably a few things we can do to improve his performance. We could for example look at things like diet, fitness and least but not last of all, a deworming.

Jul 24, 2019, 19:44

And another over a hundred finish today.....the Imp averaging over 100 places behind the leader since his win. Deworming has to be in the mix....no pun intended.

Jul 25, 2019, 04:25

Its stinks of a nobble.....the pigeon model won't work, our resident nobbler took a sizeable chunk out of Impi.

Jul 26, 2019, 00:19

Hahaha....another poor finish at 95 today. Probably the effects of the nobble. Not even deworming is strong enough muti to neutralize a nobble.

Jul 26, 2019, 08:30

Could either of you spiteful and childish cycling noobs point out where I "nobbled" Darryl Impey?

I suspect you'll both sit there trembling like the pathetic little cowards you are, but if either one of you summons up the guts or shows a trace of honesty, where did I predict Darry Impey would compete for any of the jerseys or achieve anything of note in this Tour?

Jul 26, 2019, 14:11

Spotting the nobble isn't always easy. Sometimes it has to be inferred. Mayhap a bird's performance drops off for no apparent reason, but the smart pigeon fancier instinctively knows an underlying issue is the cause. It's often thus with the nobble...elevating the Imp's win above Wimbledon and the CWC final was probably that instance.

Jul 27, 2019, 01:08

And the Imp registers a DF in Stage 19

Jul 29, 2019, 04:18

Must admit Koosie stirred my interest enough to watch the presentation. How boring. What's with giving a grown-up man a bouquet of flowers? Anyway, nice to see an Ozzie doing ok, admittedly I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for Koosie.

Jul 29, 2019, 15:40

And the final act.....the Imp registers a 125 in the flat sprinters' stage into Paris. Undoubtedly nobbled.

Jul 30, 2019, 03:26

"Undoubtedly nobbled."

Yep and spitefull as well.

You need to Log in to reply.