Tsitsipas crushes the seuntjie

Forum » Other Sports » Tsitsipas crushes the seuntjie

Jan 26, 2022, 19:16

Serving at 215 vs the seuntjie at 200 it was man against boy….much as the Nadal vs Shapo match.

Jan 27, 2022, 03:24

is the obsession you have about the the age of players getting the better of you as age-maniac?  

Jan 27, 2022, 03:56

Actually the obsession is all your’s with the seuntjies. Where are Alcatraz, Sinner, Shapovalov and Rublev. And where is the pompous simpleton he came up with this:

‘Nadal is doing well enough - but he will not get past the quarterfinals’

I am going to go radical tomorrow and my Superbru selections are;-

Shapovalov, - beating Nadal

Sinner           -  beating Tsitsipas’

Jan 27, 2022, 04:06

Your obsession with ball speed is analogous to Dave’s obsession with weight. You can’t judge any sport on one variable, not even  athletics.

Jan 27, 2022, 09:23

I do not understand this.   Players serve at  speed 20kph faster than the case was in the past and the pace of their  normal hitting of balls is the same kph percentage higher and the idiocy to ignore it is stupid in the extreme.

My idea about speed in ball hitting is discussed all the time by tennis commentators - your obsession with age is just plain imbecility.   

As to the seuntjie imbecility the age difference between Tsitsipas and Simmer is less than 3 years and the Seuntjie story is BS in the extreme.    Then we have the Alcaraz campaign  - the guy is only 18 years  of age and at that age performed better than  Federer, Nadal and Djokovic did and his ranking as a player is already below 32.    He would soon be in the top 10 rankings in the world.    I look at the future of tennis - you only look at the past - like you do in every code of sport.  

Have you got a fixation on sporting  stupidity?         

Jan 27, 2022, 23:04

No it’s a simple approach. I don’t anoint anybody until they have proven themselves ….in any sport. There are so many young tennis players who look the business and then fade. Your view of Alcatraz is hardly original or insightful.

As for ball speed rackets, balls, training has all moved along. If the Joker was 20 years today he’d probably be serving at 130mph. You have to judge players in their time based peer group.

All of the Big Three are greats and if they came along in 2050 they’d   still have been great. Time will tell if any of the players you punt will deserve that description,

Jan 28, 2022, 03:45

I do not punt anybody - I look at actual performances and comment on what actually happened.  Every player must prove credit from performances and do so without prejudice.    I am looking at the present - not the past - when commenting on performances.

However, I refrain from being stupid and make comments about boring tennis and "seuntjies".   I like what I saw in 2020 from Rublev - but not in 2021 - and clearly stated so in my comments on site.    So if Alcaraz or Sinner fails in future I will be the first to admit it and indicate.  

I never said the three - Federer, Nadal and Djokovic - are not tennis greats, but their latest performances have NOT been that good.   Djokovic  did well  enough in 2021 until Wimbledon - but then his performances went south.    But what about 2022 - it is a pity he could not play in the Aussie Open - it it is stupid to think that if he did play he would win the series automatically  is an irrational statement bearing in mind his performances in the latter half of 2021.   Assumptions that if Djokovic was 20 at present he would serve at 130 mph/2,14 kph  is based on zero evidence.  Djokovic still serve at an average of circa 188 kph - top of his range - and that was  the case ever since the time he came to the fore as a tennis great.   

Age does effect performances and that is a fact in all code of sport.   If that is not a factor  - how come world records be regularly broken - for instance virtually all world records set by Michael Phelps have since been broken.    That does not mean he is not a swimming great - it means that time moved on and to ignore it is not realistic and is in fact illogical.            

.              .               

Jan 29, 2022, 04:34

Joker did ‘well enough in 2021’….you crack me up…..he had the best year in tennis since Rod Laver in 1969.

Jan 29, 2022, 10:12

You crack me up - I did  go through all the Djokovic matches losing in round 2 to Evans in Monte Carlo and Karatsev in Belgrade was poor - winning in the three majors was good.   Losing in the Olympic Games, the US Open, The EOY Players Championship was not really all that good.   You crack me up - stupid. In winning the US Open in 2021 would have put Djokovic on par with Laver in 1969 - but he did not and there were plenty of players ho won 3 majors in the years since 1969 - so what are you talking about?      

Jan 30, 2022, 00:07

Wrong again poofter. There have only been 8 occasions in 51 since Laver when a male player won 3 majors. Connors in 1974, Federer in 04, 06 and 07. Nadal in 2010 and 2013 and Joker in  2015 and 2021.

And only 4 occasions when that player was also in the final of the tournament he lost….Joker in 2015 and 2021….Federer in 2006 and 2007.

And only one occasion when  that loss was in The Grand Slam game…Joker in 2021. The clear greatest year in men’s tennis since Laver.

Jan 30, 2022, 00:11

Djokovic’s 2015 was the greatest ever men's tennis season

JanAprJulOctR128R64R32R16QSFWNovak Djokovic 2015HardClayGrassRankingpoints onofferGrand Slams

JanAprJulOctR128R64R32R16QSFWJohn McEnroe 1984Other surface
Source: ATPJanAprJulOctR128R64R32R16QSFWRoger Federer 2006

JanAprJulOctR128R64R32R16QSFWRoger Federer 2005

If Novak Djokovic wins the Australian Open title this weekend, he will in doing so extend the most impressive streak ever in men's tennis.

Jan 30, 2022, 00:14

The Financial Times did a complete analysis of this in 2016 and declared Djocovic’s 2015 the best year ever. 2021 was better in the Grand Slams and included a win over Nadal in Paris….hence the best year ever.

Live and learn you old drol.

Jan 30, 2022, 08:44

The fact is that you8 are busy in another sphere of idiocy.   My comments are  based on what  actually happened in the case of Djokovic.  Did Djokovic not lose in 7 of the 11 tournaments  he played in last year?   Did he  not refuse to participate in the finals of the team competitions like the finals in the Laver Cup and the Davis Cup?   

By the way therer has been no improvement in record technology over the past decade and your harping on the issue going back to the 1980's is really based on BS in capital letters.   

Well that says it all - prejudice and idiocy reign supreme as per normal.          

You need to Log in to reply.