US Tennis Open 2022

Forum » Other Sports » US Tennis Open 2022

Aug 25, 2022, 20:23

The qualification Round for the tournament started on Tuesday and on Tuseay and yesterday 64  matchhes were played.   Today there is provision for playing 32 matches and tomorrow 16 matches.     The winners of he latter 16 matches will be included in the man draw of the tournament.   Officially the main competition is starting on Sunday.

I will on the enxt few ays try to get a breakdown of the seedings and matches on sote by Sunday.     

Aug 25, 2022, 21:55

Seedings in US Open:-

1       Danill Medvedev

2         Rafael Nadal

3        Carlos Alcaraz

4        Stefanos Tsitsipas

5         Casper Ruud

6         Felix  Auger-Aliassime 

7        Cameron Norrie

8         Hubert Hurkacz

9        Andrey Rublev

10      Taylor Fritz

11      J Sinner

12      Pablo Carreno-Busta

13     Matteo Berrettini

14     Diego Schwartzman 

15      Marin Cilic

16      Roberto Bautista-Agut

17      Grigor Dimitrov 

18     Alex de Minaur

19     Denis Shapovalov

20      Daniel Evans

21      Botic van de Zandschulp

22     Frances Tiafoe

23      Nic Kyrgios

24      Francisco Cerundolo

25      Borna Coric 

26      Lorenzo Musetti 

27     Karin Khachanov

28      Holger Rune

29      Tommy Paul

30      Maxime Cressy

31     Nikoloz  Basilashvili

32     Miomir Kecmanovic 

Aug 25, 2022, 22:22

ROUND 2

Top Half of the Draw

1    Danill Medvedev                              vs     Arthur Rinderknech

Ybing  Wu                                              vs       Nuno Borges

23   Nic Kyrgios                                     vs     Benjamin Bonzi

Jeffrey Wolf                                            vs     Alejandro Tabilo

12    Pablo Carreno-Busta                       vs     Alexander Bublik

18    Alex de Minaur                                vs      Christian Garin

27   Karen Khachanov                             vs      Thiago Monteiro

6      Felix Auger-Aliassine                       vs       James Darper

Danoel Galan Riveros                             vs       Jordan Thompson

Marcos Fucsovics                                     vs       Alejandro Davidovich Fokina

Andy Murray                                             vs        Eduardo Nava

13   Matteo Berrettini                                 vs       Hugo Grenier

Brandon Holt                                              vs       Pedro  Cachin

21   Botic van de Zandschulp/                   vs       Corentin Moutet

29   Tommy Paul                                       vs       Sebastian Korda

5     Caper Ruud                                        vs        Tim van Rijthoven

Bottom of the Draw 

8    Hubert Hurkacz                          ...        vs       Ilya Ivashka

26   Lorenzo Musetti                                    vs     Gijs Brouwer

17   Grigor Dimitrov                                    vs       Brandon Nakashima

11   Jannik Sinner                                        vs      Christopher Eubanks

15   Marin Cilic                                           vs      Albert Ramos-Vinolas

20    Daniel Evans                                       vs       James Duckworth

25    Borna Coric                                        vs        Jenson Btooksby

3    Carlos Alcaraz                                      vs        Federico Coria   

7   Cameron Norriee                                vs          Joao Sousa

28   Holger Rune                                      vs           John Isner

19  Denis Shapavalov                             vs           Roberto Carballes Baena

9    Andrey Rublev                                   vs            Soonwoo Kwon

14   Diego Schwartzman                         vs            Alexei Popyrin

22  Frances Kiafoe                                   vs           Jason Kubler

32  Miomir Kecmanovic                         vs          Richard Gssquet/

2    Rafael Nadal/Rinky Hijikata             vs          Fabio Fognini     

Aug 27, 2022, 13:58

At last all the Qualifiers have  been brought into Round 1 - however the matches for the said round is only start  on MoOnday.   

Aug 30, 2022, 06:03

There were 16 seeded players in the Top Half of the Draw who played today - of those 6 went out in Round 1.  The big surprises were the elimination of  Tsitsipas and Fritz in Round One.   Although it were  a  troubling  day of four or five-setters none of he seeded players in the Bottom Hall of the draw have  been eliminated in Round 1.   

Aug 30, 2022, 06:26

ROUND 3

Top Half of the Draw

1    Danill Medvedev                                  vs     Ybing  Wu

23   Nic Kyrgios                                           vs      Jeffrey Wolf/

12    Pablo Carreno-Busta/                           vs       18    Alex de Minaur

27   Karen Khachanov                                vs       James Draper  

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina                    vs        Danoel Galan Riveros

13   Matteo Berrettini                                 vs        Andy Murray

Corentin Moutet                                          vs        Pedro  Cachin

5     Caper Ruud                                          vs       29   Tommy Paul

Another day of upsets in the Top Half of the Draw noted for 5 and 4 setters.   Of the  5 seeds to play in this half of the draw only 2 remains.   In total there are only 7 seeds still remaining after Round 2.            

2 of the seeds will inevitably  remain  to go through to ROUND 4 -    they are playing other seeded players,   I also cannot see how Khachanov can beat Draper - so the number of seeds going through to Round 4 would be reduced to  4.    

Bottom of the Draw

26   Lorenzo Musetti                                 vs       Ilya Ivashka

11   Jannik Sinner                                       vs      Brandon Nakashima

15   Marin Cilic                                           vs     20    Daniel Evans

3     Carlos Alcaraz/                                     vs       Jenson Btooksby

7   Cameron Norrie                                     vs       28   Holger Rune

9    Andrey Rublev.                                     vs      19  Denis Shapavalov   

14   Diego Schwartzman                             vs    22  Frances Kiafoe

2    Rafael Nadal/Fabio Fognini                 vs     Richard Gssquet

Of the 16 seeds  in the Bottom Half of the Draw 13 will go through to Round 3  - where serious problems will be encountered by seeded players - since only 3 unseeded players are still in the mix.    Only 1 of those players have a chance to go through to Round 3.    In the case of the remaining  games  playing in Round 3  10  seeded players will play other seeded players - reducing the  number of seeded players to go through to Round 4 to either 7 or 8.    

Aug 30, 2022, 12:26

What about the ladies, Mike?

I'm cheering for Rybakina, Garcia and Konteveit.

I hope Konteveit crushes Serena Williams tomorrow.

Aug 31, 2022, 18:31

CC 

It is a gib job to deal with the men and o just do not ahve the time to deal with the ladies as well,   

Sep 01, 2022, 05:39

ROUND  4

Top Half of the Draw

1    Danill Medvedev                           vs      23   Nic Kyrgios/

12    Pablo Carreno-Busta                    vs       27     Karen Khachanov  

13   Matteo Berrettini                           vs        Alejandro Davidovich Fokina

5     Caper Ruud                                   vs         Corentin Moutet

Bottom of the Draw

11   Jannik Sinner                                 vs         Ilya Ivashka  

3     Carlos Alcaraz                                vs       15   Marin Cilic/   

7   Cameron Norrie                               vs        9    Andrey Rublev  

2    Rafael Nadal                                    vs       /22    Frances Kiafoe

Sep 02, 2022, 09:27

After Round 2 only 6 of the 10 seeded players in the competition remain in the competition.   so lets look at the situation objectively.    In the first instance we have the following:-

*      Medvedev (1)  met weak opposition and is Round 3 going to meet a qualifier - so he is  certain to go through to Round 4.

*      Nadal (2)  needed 4 sets in both Round 1 and 2 with extremely poor opposition and took 4 sets in both rounds to beat them.   He is next facing another joke player Gasquest and is certain  to beat him

*      Alcaraz (3) easily disposed of opponents in Rounds 1 and 2 and his next opponent will be Brooksby.  He is sure to beat him and go through to Round 4.

*       Norrie (7)  did win his round 1 and 2 matches - but was not really all that superior in both matches and in Round 3 he is set to meet Rune - whom he should ebat.

*       Ruud (5) had quite a difficult match in Roud 2 and he is playing Paul in Round 3.   He will have to be consistently playing in top form to beat Paul.   No prediction.

*       Norrie (7)  struggled a bit in Round  2 and although he won all the matches  in three sets he really was not in Top form     His third Round opponent will be Rune who he should beat.

*      Rublev (9)  struggled badly in Round 1 - but was the easiest winner imaginable in Round 2.  Rublev can go from good to bad with great ease in one game and more so in matches.   Utterly unpredictable - but he has in the past beaten Shapovalov and playing conistentlyand not losing his cool could actually beat him       

Sep 03, 2022, 07:30

QUARTERFINALS

Top Half of the Draw/

23   Nic Kyrgios                       vs          /27     Karen Khachanov  

5     Caper Ruud/                      vs          13      Matteo Berrettini

Bottom Half of the Draw   

3     Carlos Alcaraz                 ns            11   Jannik Sinner 

9     Andrey Rublev                 vs           22      Frances  Tiafoe 

After the carnage in the first three rounds there are only 3 unseeded players going though to Round 4.  None other than perhaps Davidovich Fokina has any chance of winning in the next Round.   

Nadl is not the player he used o be - that is for sure.   He tried to play a much  too slow a game to win and the fact is that is why he went out,   Not sure whether Rublev can beat Tiafoe - if he plays like he did today against Norrie he has a  real chance to  beat Tiafoe..   

Sep 05, 2022, 20:11

Against all odds Rublev surprisingly won the match against Norrie and is now set to meet Nadal if the latter beats Kiafoe in the quarterfinals.    Norrie has not been able to beat Nadal on any surface and to be quite frank Nadal would have preferred to play Norrie instead of Rublev- who have  beaten him before.      

Sep 06, 2022, 08:54

SEMIFINALS

5     Caper Ruud                                       vs    27     Karen Khachanov  

3     Carlos Alcaraz                                  vs    22     Frances Tiafoe 

Sep 06, 2022, 09:06

Only 3 of the Top 10 seeded players are still around - so the results are wide open.   I can see Kyrgios beating Khachanov - but that is as far as I think one can forecast the results.   Ruud struggled to win against Moutet and Berretini was in the same boat.   Both Alcaraz and Sinner got through in 5-setters - Alcaraz against a seeded player - while Sinner played the only remaining unseeded player - so there is very little to choose between them

Rublev is totally unpredictable - against Norrie he played a near to flawless game and he had no brain turbulence that effected his game - but will it last?       

Sep 06, 2022, 09:54

It's the quarters, Mike ...no the semis.

Ruud destroyed Moutet in 4 easy sets and Norrie was out of sorts against Rublev.

Rublev implodes under pressure and facing the crowd support behind Tiafoe is going to test his resolve.

I think Tiafoe will take him out and move into the semis to face Sinner.

Sinner is on fire currently and leads the head to head 2-1 against Alcaraz. This is going to be a cracker of a match. Could go either way.

Kyrgios should take Khachanov out in straight sets.

It's hard to predict the winner between Berretini and Ruud.

Berretini has just come back from injury so one would expect Ruud to have the advantage. Ruud is leading the head to head 3-2.

Either way this too will be a cracker of a match ... and could go either way.

I would like to see Kyrgios in the final to face Sinner.

Sep 06, 2022, 12:46

CC

It is indeed the quarters - but I use the above as a but  i use the players in the Quarters to make sure for the semies, by eliminating the losing players and you have the semies without  a lot of extratyping.  typing   

I agree with you about Sinner - facing anyone other than Alcaraz  I would have backed him.   With both of them not playing at their best in the series thus far the result si going to be a toss-up.

Rublev is by far technically a better player than Tiafoe - but he has a serious problem and that is he get himself totally mentally mixed up during games and then he start serving double faults.   He has played Tiafoe a number of times - also in the USA - and I think he leads 3/1 in matches against him.   What  I wrote is real - Rublev has a mental problem and he mostly beat himself in matches.    If Rublev  plays and the mental issue is not in evidence he will beat Tiafoe. - but still I would have preferred it for him to have played Nadal and not Tiafoe..        

Rublev has beaten  Djokovic and Nadal in the past - Djokovic early this year in a tounrament in Belgrade - Djokovic's home town.

By the way Rublev playing against Norrie has always had a distinct advantage over him.  I took a bet combining a number of players and stood to win over R600 on a R50 bet.   Rublev was top of my lost for winning.   Nadal - whom I should never have included took me out of the bet.   The rest were Sinner, Alcaraz, Berrettini. Swiatek,Ruud and  Kyrgios in the match against Khachanov.   

I think the winners in the Quarterfinals may be as follows:-

1     Kyugios  

2     Ruud

3    Alcaraz

4     Rublev 

Personally looking at performances  only  and with odds at 6,87 return a bet on the four players winning  is really worthwhile.   

Sep 06, 2022, 21:28

SS

You better listen to my advice about tennis.   I never gave Berrettini a remote chance to win and that was correct.   I am now hoping for a Kyrgios win - am pretty confident about that one.  If he wins  I will collect about R700 from the bookmakers.

Since Ruud has already won  if Kyrgios, Alcaraz and Rublev win  another R500  will come my way as well.   

I joined the US  Open Fantasy competition  on Superbru and  3 pools as well.   After Round 4  I was  as follows on the leaderboard:-

Southern Otters      -    1  out of 18 members

Killing floors          -    3 out of 39 members

2022 US Open        -     1 out of 67 members.   

My choices for the Quarterfinals are -

Ruud  Alcaraz, Swiateck and Garcia. - Ruud has already won - so I  hope they all  three win.

Am pretty chaffed about the situation as well.  

Sep 07, 2022, 07:23

I opted out of the bets mentioned making much more money than I bet.   Kyrgios to my own disappointment owed out to the much lower ranked Khachanov..

I also think that Rublev will beat Tiafoe and it is indeed ironic that in the US Open there may be two Russians.    

Sep 07, 2022, 08:08

Yes, I too would have lost money on Kyrgios.

He climbed into his shell and played like I've never seen him play before ... defensively.  

Very disappointed to see him lose and I must admit I'm rather tired of his tantrums.

I am delighted to see Garcia go through so easily. I expected more of a fight from Gauff..

Sep 07, 2022, 23:00

‘I also think Rublev will beat Tiafoe’… gosh and there I was thinking Roob bombed in straight sets.

Sep 07, 2022, 23:23

Very tight match arsehole.     At least two of the sets went to tiebreakers and  the oter one was by one service break.   You call the Nadal match tight, which is was far from being the case - so idiocy supreme applies to you in this case as well. 

Sep 08, 2022, 10:05

FINAL

3     Carlos Alcaraz         vs       5     Caper Ruud

The final is between Alcaras and Ruud

Sep 09, 2022, 07:42

I am very happy about my forecasts  on Superbru as to the US Open.  I am at present as follows in the groups and overall leader boards:-

#     Southern Otters              -       1      out of  18 competitors

*     Killing floor                   -        1     out of  39  competitors

*     2022 US Open                -        1     out of 67  competitors

*     Overall Competition        -        1    out of  2291 competitors

I  did not tip one player who lost a match in the competition  thus far and hope to retain my lead in the competition since for the semies -

*      I picked  Swiatek and Jobour to win - they won already; and 

*      picked Ruud and Alcatraz to win in their matches.  

Sep 10, 2022, 04:54

But you picked Kyrgios and Rublev to be in the semis….you only mention your picks when they win. What a buffoon.

Sep 10, 2022, 05:59

That shows you still do not know what is happening dimness.     I had none of the two in the competition - the two players I had was Ruud and Alcaraz in the quarterfinals.    So I did better than you could ever dream to do in anything when it comes to sport forecasting.   But then you would never participate in anything like that because you do not know anything bar prejudice in whatever you write on site.   What a BSter you are bumbrain.  Your demeaning attacks on Alcaraz was always evident and your latest BS is typical.

Sep 10, 2022, 05:59

Mozart

So you have no idea about sport anyway.  the final is between th e two players I punted all along.   My forecast in the final is for Alcaraz to win dimness and become the new World no 1 player.     I forecasted  about 8 months ago that Alcaraz will be in the top 10 ranked players in the world  - while you were HA-HA howling against him.   Remember that idiotic post?    

Sep 10, 2022, 15:46

I’m not interested in your pathetic betting for chump change….you picked Kyrgios and Rublev to win. And then you pretend you didn’t. There is no way to track your supposed bets, all we can see is what you say here. So stop faking it,

Sep 10, 2022, 15:50

This is what I said about Alcatraz’ chances:

Sep 01, 2022, 14:18

I don’t despise any of the youngsters….I just want them to prove themselves before they get anointed. I actually think wee Alcatraz might have a good run at the Open….some of the pressure of expectations is off and the field is weak and decimated.

Sep 10, 2022, 15:53

And far from confidently pick Alcaraz, this is what you said:

‘I agree with you about Sinner - facing anyone other than Alcaraz  I would have backed him.   With both of them not playing at their best in the series thus far the result si going to be a toss-up.’

Schplott!

Sep 11, 2022, 11:32

Here goes - again fiddling around.    Mozart did not realize what he is doing so he called the result of the final - with both players not playing at their best a toss-up.     When Nadal lost against Tiafoe it was a "tight match" which is not so at all - Tiafoe won 22 games as against 17 won by  Nadal - not a tight match at all.   In total Tiafoe broke the service of Nadal at least 3 times. as against one break by Nadal.    

So what is Lord Haw-Haw now saying.    Both players are not up to standard so the result is a toss-up.   He obviously does not know that the bookmakers odds on the 2 are as follows:-

*     Alcaraz      -      1.43  ie       4.3/10

*     Ruud         -       2.85  or   1,85/10

When I took the double of Swiatek and Alcaraz the odds  was Alcaraz 1,47 - that represents a flood of money placed on Alcaraz causing the odds on Ruud to go up from 2,75 to 2.85    In other words  if you put on a R100  on  Alcaraz  you get R143  back  if you put a R100 on Ruud you get R285  back.    The odds are not tight and Mozart must be a fool to even call the match a toss-up.       

Anyway our resident fool got all mixed up in this case - as he is mixed up on all sport issues.    He tries to wiggle himself out of when he condemn Alcaraz all the time over the last 9 months.   Still remember the HA-HA nonsense in the case of Murray - in the case of our resident Lord  Haw-Haw an unforgettable load of BS.   

Fact is I am like most reasonable people confident  Alcaraz will beat Ruud  and am looking forward to the match.                 

Sep 12, 2022, 02:45

What a CHAMPION and what a match.   It was played at a higher tempo and more hard hitting   than was the case last year.     I suppose Mozart is as mixed up as ever and will now try and write himself out of the shit he caused for himself.    

The new World number 1 has arrived and he will not easily give up that ranking.   Cingratulations to Alcaraz - he really is a fantastic tennis player.          

You need to Log in to reply.