Vasyl Lomachenko NB enough to post here

Forum » Rugby » Vasyl Lomachenko NB enough to post here

Dec 16, 2018, 10:20

Yes it's not rugby. Yes it should be downstairs.

Why's it here?

Because it's important enough that any sports fan should be aware of it.

Vasyl Lomachenko unified the titles last weekend. 

He is a great in the making. There's been nobody like him and he has already begun to change the way the sport is coached despite only having 12 pro fights.

Gyms/Trainers up and down the east and west coasts of the US are already adopting and teaching his style. They're saying he is possibly the most influential boxer that has ever lived. Not sure info agree yet, but he is special.

I urge you all to follow this likeable little genius.

Dec 16, 2018, 10:56

Very cruel of you Plum as you will have some snowflakes in tears by posting this on the Rugby section and it is Christmas time oak! - some sensitivity please !:'(

Dec 16, 2018, 13:53

I've posted about Lomachenko before. He's not a great in the making, he's already one of the greatest of all time.

Dec 16, 2018, 18:24

You also boxing fan Rooi?

Vasyl has lost 2 fights out of like 420!!!

What did you think of Fury's 12th round rise from the dead? 

I watched Wylder talk about it on Joe Rogan and even he thinks there was some gypsy a magic at play. That alone adds an nice little subplot to the rematch.

Must say, Fury is a very surprising character. 

Dec 16, 2018, 21:17

Plum, the last time I was a big boxing fan was back in the mid 80s when Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran were trading blows in similar weight divisions.

Lost a bit of interest in the heavyweight division after Mike Tyson joined Don King and flushed his career down the toilet. I watched Fury vs Wilder but I found it about as exciting as a Floyd Mayweather fight.

Vasyl Lomachenko is the most exciting thing I've seen in boxing for a very long time and he has rekindled my interest to some extent. Just hope he finds a worthy opponent otherwise they'll say he never beat anyone of note, but at the moment he's just so much better than everyone else in his division(s).

Dec 16, 2018, 22:21

Courage Shabalala...Boxing, early 90's...tragic early violent death....what's new.

Dec 16, 2018, 22:21

Huh?

Dec 16, 2018, 22:34

You seen Ted Atlas talking about Tyson?

From his perspective, Tyson never had the heart to do much more than he did.

Says that he got all his wins by simply being a better specimen. More talent and more power.

His losses came because when he got into a proper fight, he went back to being the scared kid that hid away from bullies. That's why he bit EH's ear...to escape. 

It's why lesser fighters could beat him. They just had to convince him that they were better than they were and he'd check out of the fight.

He never had a real fighters heart. No stomach for attrition.

First time i've heard someone talk about Tyson like that.

Dec 17, 2018, 07:17

Tyson was an incredibly explosive puncher, with huge torque. He released those hooks from the balls of his feet, with a full body turn.

The he met Douglas, who had enough guts and skill to stay out of his way long enough, to wear him down. Most of the others he had fought back peddled the moment they got hit....fatal against Tyson.

But then when Tyson was finally tagged by Douglas, he was just a smaller man getting hit by a bigger man. It turned out he didn't have a great chin.

What's unclear is whether the high life had eroded his reflexes before the Douglas fight....but after that the myth was done.

His Holyfield fight was a shocker, but not as much fun as Andrew Gollata punching Bowe in the goons when he was well ahead on points.

The good old days!

Dec 17, 2018, 09:03

It's nice to see that there's some life in the HW division and boxing in general again.

The combination of Klitschko and Mayweather with their boring styles took the life out of boxing.

For all Tyson's faults, he brought excitement to the ring. As a fan, that's what I want. 

This is why Lomachenko is winning so many people over. Nothing he does is boring. And he's a fighter. 

Dec 18, 2018, 13:02

Lomachenko is something else. His movement is just incredible. He literally has professional boxers punching at the thin air, where he had been standing moments before. He will certainly go down as a great. 

As for Tyson Fury and that knockdown, well, everybody, Wilder included, thought that was the end of the fight. But he got back up, and still probably won that round. I've watched that fight twice now, Fury won. End of. Yes Wilder knocked him down twice, but he got back up, so there were just a couple of knockdowns, not enough to win a fight.  

I must just add, Fury has to have the most unfortunate body shape I have ever seen. He's knocked kneed, flabby, has absolutely no body shape to speak of, almost no muscles (When compared to other heavy weights) and basically looks like a gigantic uncoordinated desk jockey, but damn, nothing could be further from the truth. He is lightning fast, and technically brilliant! 

Dec 18, 2018, 13:02

Duplicate

Dec 18, 2018, 19:28

Blue

You think the Garcia v Loma fight will happen?

One doubts Garcia will want the fight. 

Loma seems to lose less rounds than other boxers lose entire fights.

I watched Fury's on Joe Rogan. As he was telling his story about his drug and booze issues etc, and having watched Wilder for a few years now, I didn't give Fury any chance. 

What an epic fight that was.

Dec 19, 2018, 06:54

Plum, I stated categorically that the McGreggor Mayweather fight would never happen...and we all know how that panned out, so ja, I'm not going to try and predict this one. That said, I reckon Garcia will be very cautious of taking this fight. We'll have to wait and see I guess, but personally I'd love to see it happen. 

Dec 19, 2018, 09:51

Vasyl Lomachenko is a brilliant fighter, he makes most, if not all, professionals look completely stupid with his abilities.

If I remember correctly, I think he is the most successful amateur boxer ever.

Fury won that fight, no doubt about it.

What a damn pity they ruled it a draw, it would have been the best ever comeback by any boxer in history, against the most devastating puncher in boxing history

Dec 19, 2018, 10:16

It's pretty clear that Fury won. 

Dunno if you guys know but one of the judges had it 111-115 to Wilder!? Some twat with a pen denying the world an all time miracle sporting achievement.

And its not like it was even close. It was miles off. 

Tyson was pure class after the fight. His sing song at the press conference had me in stiches.

Here's a first...

Was watching a video yesterday about Loma's ten most astounding moments. 

One of them was that he hurt/broke his left hand in the middle of a fight.

He finished the fight with only one hand and still won on points, not dropping a single round.

He wasn't disguising the injury either. His opponent knew, from the minute it happened that Loma had no right hand at all. 

Blue I just hope that him and Garcia don't circle each other for too long. Vasyl only has a couple of prime years left. 

Dec 19, 2018, 10:18

True that DA. But it still was a very good fight, even if the result was a bit dodgy. A breath of fresh air in the heavy weight division. On the division, I think Joshua would be wise not to take a fight with either of these men.  

Just on my previous comment. I have reconsidered what I said. Garcia is good, but I reckon Lomachenko is just too fast and his movement is just too good. Honestly, I think Garcia probably knows that. He is unbeaten, but ja, I just don't think he can match Loma.  

Dec 19, 2018, 11:22

Loma takes Garcia, and I rate Garcia quite highly...…extremely good fighter

True Plum, when Fury starting singing American Pie, I was laughing at the guy.... just pure class

The 111 - 115 score to Wilder is also what upset me, it just does not make any credible sense to me, that a score like that could happen, even at a live fight.

Fury schooled Wilder, and got dropped twice in the process of doing that, so I credit Wilder with 2 x 10- 8 rounds...… nothing more.

So now we have Manny vs Broner….. I sincerely hope that Manny knocks him out cold.....seldom do I dislike a fighter, but Broner is one that I do dislike.... no respect for his opponents, and no respect for his sport

Dec 19, 2018, 11:53

I just want to clarify that I am only casual boxing fan. I watch the big fights and a handful of other interesting bouts. So my opinions should be taken with that in mind. I am however a BIG MMA/UFC fan. I do train a little myself, and I consider my knowledge of the sport to be quite good. For me boxing is just too limited. The best boxers in the world, even someone like Lomachenko, would stand just about no chance in a fight against even a semi-pro MMA fighter. McGregor at least made a match of it in Boxing, but if Mayweather had to fight McGregor in a standard rules MMA fight, Mayweather would be unconscious or tapping out within one minute. I just thought I'd put that out there.

Plum, you mentioned Joe Rogan earlier. I watch his JRE (Joe Rogan Experience) podcast on Youtube quite regularly. He is a very interesting guy, and a lot more intelligent than his Fear Factor fame would suggest. His interview with Elon Musk was fantastic. He held his own with the obviously intelligent Musk, but more importantly, he let Musk be Musk and didn't interrupt unnecessarily. That allowed Musk the time to be his eccentric self, which made the podcast all the more fascinating. Do yourself a favour and watch it if you have not done so already. Rogan has had a number of high level intellectuals and scientists on his podcast and never once seemed out of his depth.Yet he can mix it up with the likes of Fury, trashy comedians, rock stars, UFC fighters and just about anyone else. Also, his knowledge of MMA is excellent. He is absolutely an expert on the subject.  

Okay, JRE now owes me royalties for that punt. But all jokes aside, its well worth checking out. 

Dec 19, 2018, 11:59

Also a big Garcia fan here DA. Him and PacMan are just imposible not to admire. The latter probably being my favorite fighter of all time.

The Loma v Garcia bout will not earn either fighter the same bank as Mayweather/Connor got for their farce. And it's a damn shame because it has the makings of an all time classic fight.

I can't see there being a single boring minute, nevermind round, in the entire fight. And i think Garcia would rather get knocked out than take a knee.

Here's some evidence of Vasyl's influence on the sport. We will be seeing a lot mroe of it i think. It's a fighter called Josh Kelly from the UK, Midlands i think. He showboats, but its clear where he gets his ideas from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySUNjhUECx4

Dec 19, 2018, 12:23

Haha Blue...

I've been watching/hearing JRE since it first began. Perfect for the gym. I like how during the Musk podcast, just before he passed him the joint, he actually said, "You probably can't right, because of shareholders and all?"

Haha which was spot on because Tesla shares dropped by like 9% the next day.

Rogan is bigger than CNN, how crazy is that? He literally gets more views than them...and he does it form his humble little studio, with his sidekick "Jamie". People want a variety of information on interesting subjects that isn't dominated in it's delivery by Satan's little marketing helpers who just want to segment everything and put a buck on it all. Hicks called it. And it's truer by the day.

It's a great time, the rise of the intellecual dark web. People finally realising that we can watch honest people giving honest opinions about things free from some iditotic political agendas and with enough time to deliver their entire idea to you.

I forget the guy's name but there was a bloke on recently talking about the Ketogenic diet and how the navy have been using it to prevent siezures that seals were experincing due to prolonged use of re-breathers.

It's random interesting stuff like that makes me keep watching his podcasts.

Apr 08, 2019, 13:16

Bump . . . less than 5 days to go!

Apr 08, 2019, 15:00

I'll tell you what, you would not have to put too much money on Lomachenko losing to make a pretty penny out of this fight. The odds in his favour are crazy. R1000 on Lomachenko losing would net you R100 000 on some betting sites. I guess it is with good reason. The man is special. Still a little sad that he turned pro so late. 

Apr 08, 2019, 17:06

Thanks Rooi

Can't wait man! He had shoulder problems recently and one just hopes he's ready. Mind you, he did fight most of one of his fights using just one hand, and still totally outclassed his opponent.

Any of you see that fight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSYN3_7cCXc

Apr 08, 2019, 17:31

Full of little tricks ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAU4nPC2dGw

Apr 08, 2019, 17:49

...and they said Ukrainian dancing had no purpose :)

Apr 11, 2019, 11:29

Two days to go...

Poor Crolla has probably heard the word underdog about a million times since he took this fight. That stuff about relishing being the underdog is all lip service. Of course its nice to win as an underdog but nobody relishes being one.

Re-watched the Marriaga fight yesterday. Guy showboats and within 4 seconds he eats a straight left and is on his arse...wide eyed. Not long after that his coach says the infamous "No mas!".

I think Crolla is gonna try to make a war out of it. And that might be the one weakness Vasyl has. Someone that can eat a punch and give one or two back with interest. If you're not gonna out move him then all you can do is compare chins and livers. 

So amped!

Apr 11, 2019, 15:18

I hope they televise this fight.

Apr 13, 2019, 09:13

No contest.

You can watch the full fight here.

Apr 13, 2019, 09:49

Indeed Rooi

Thanks for the link. Wanna watch it again.

What an awkward knockout position...poepol inni lug.

Why on earth did the guy try to outbox Vasyl? 

Maybe he just wanted a payday.

You need to Log in to reply.