Wimbledon is Wimbledon

Forum » Other Sports » Wimbledon is Wimbledon

Jun 25, 2022, 05:08

So Nadal and Djokovic are in…as is Alcaraz. Do you ever get anything right Clever. The only notable absentees are Zverev and Federer via injury. No objectors on the missing list, just injured players and Medvedev who is banned but useless on grass.

Once again Clever all your dark predictions are way off the mark.

Jun 25, 2022, 14:28

Nadal announced that he has a serious injury problem and will try to play at Wimbledon AFTER I expressed doubts about him playing.   Djokovic - one is never certain if he would play or not and he did not play in any preceding grass court tournaments.

Anyway the fact is that the absence of the number 1 and number 2 ranked players are out and not laying - so a new precedent has been set in Wimbledon..  The newspapers are all saying that Nadal is unlikely to last very long this year in Wimbledon.    

There is an exhibition match this afternoon in which Alcaraz is playing Ruud.  In his first match ever on grass Alcaraz lost against Tiafoe on Thursday    .      

Jun 25, 2022, 17:28

You now have this notion stuck in your head that nobody is taking Wimbledon seriously….nonsense I’m afraid. But true to form, you will cling on to this fantasy.

Jun 25, 2022, 23:03

I doo not know what is meant by you.   Wimbledon this year is an Exhibition tournament and not a Grand Slam as is normal.     People may be interested to watch it and I even went to considerable length to identify who will play whom in Round 2 of the tournament  for the info of members - but the fact remain that the winner would NOT be credited as winning a Grand Slam tournament  and that remains a fact.   

I also noticed that even in the present rankings are listed to play on Monday.   I hink that despite that some players are NOT going to play and the positions will be filled by lcky lose qualifiers.   Examples -

*     Davidocvich Fokina - who inhured his hand in the game in Eastbourne and seems to have broken a one in his left hand;

*     Alcaraz - wo returned from injury to play in two exhibition grass court tournaments and failed badly in both matches he played in; and

*   Nadal - who claimed he would try and play despite his foot injury - also [;ayed and lost in the same exhibition tournament.   

It will not be clear before tomorrow morning who is actually going to play or not to play in the tournament.   ..   .    

Jun 27, 2022, 16:20

Once again Bosman’s mother is wrong…hahaha.

Jun 28, 2022, 05:08

If  Mozart has no argument he turns to BS.

Jun 28, 2022, 05:58

The argument is crystal clear…..you said Djokovic, Nadal, Fokina and Alcatraz wouldn’t be playing….even after the draw was announced you were adamant. And here they are all in the tournament.

I’m afraid Clever you know even less about tennis than rugby….and then incredibly you say I have no argument. You are a tonic, it’s good to know truly stupid people aren’t extinct yet.

Jul 01, 2022, 03:31

The evidence is clear - nobody is   really interested in the ongoing farce at present. in the Wimbledon Exhibition series. and that includes Djokovic  and Nadal.    Both played against qualifiers in Rounds 1 and 2 and both took 4 setters  to win their matches.   Of the 32 seeded players in Rounds 1 and 2 14 are already gone - two of which did not bother to turn up for the tournament and was replaced by lucky losers from  the qualifying rounds and another walked out instead of playing in Round 2.   

This is typical as to what happens in Exhibition tournaments and the fact was that Alcaraz was extremely lucky to win in Round 1 after a disaster in another exhibition tournament - he won in a tiebreaker in the fifth set.   I am not sure at all what will happen - will he play in the next Round or   not - nobody knows.                      

Jul 03, 2022, 23:38

Wimbledon is doing just fine despite Clever wishing for it to fail:

Viewership peaked at 1.2 million in the final minutes. The full Tuesday telecast averaged 528,000, ranking as the most-watched day two of Wimbledon in five years and the most-watched of the tournament thus far (through Thursday).

You need to Log in to reply.