2015 World Cup Dream team....only Schalk and Etzebeth made it

Forum » Rugby » 2015 World Cup Dream team....only Schalk and Etzebeth made it

Feb 17, 2021, 19:30

2015 World Rugby Awards, Japan's game-winning final try against South Africa was named the best match moment of the tournament.[46] A dream team was named made up of the best performing players of the tournament.[47]

2015 Rugby World Cup dream team[48]

Feb 17, 2021, 19:33

Pos.Player
FB15Japan Ayumu Goromaru
RW14New Zealand Nehe Milner-Skudder
OC13New Zealand Conrad Smith
IC12Australia Matt Giteau
LW11New Zealand Julian Savea
FH10New Zealand Dan Carter
SH9Scotland Greig Laidlaw
Pos.Player
N88Australia David Pocock
OF7South Africa Schalk Burger
BF6Georgia (country) Mamuka Gorgodze
RL5Fiji Leone Nakarawa
LL4South Africa Eben Etzebeth
TP3Argentina Ramiro Herrera
HK2Australia Stephen Moore
LP1Argentina Marcos Ayerz

Feb 17, 2021, 21:47

What did Schalk do  in 2015 other than -

*      knocking on four balls in the Japan disaster; and

*      routinely becoming first receiver  of balls from the scrummy and doing zilch with the balls.   

I believe in merit selections in such cases - as to Schalk.he did much less than  other  players did.    

Feb 18, 2021, 11:51

What a crap side

Feb 18, 2021, 15:46

A side picked by the same ‘experts’ who gave us the Duds....STING!!!... . I was just waiting for Dave and Mike to fall for the bait.

It’s soooooo easy!

Feb 18, 2021, 17:44

I’m not sure what you are on about Moz

Feb 18, 2021, 18:26

It's simple. Every time the pompous old fop makes a complete dick of himself, he pretends it was some kind of trap he set for you and he starts shrieking "Sting" at the top of his voice.

Feb 18, 2021, 18:57

Is Moz trying to say that the guys who selected this 2015 WC dream team are exactly the same guys who chose PSDT as the 2019 world player of the year?

Feb 18, 2021, 20:05

Dave

The Players of the Year is selected by 8 experts who have access  to comprehensive data  we do not have at our disposal.   

I am not sure whether the team Mozart came up with was similarly selected by experts and from where it came.    However, the 2015 WC was crap and that was shown up by the vast improvements shown  in respect of all  components of rugby in the 2019 WC. 

Feb 18, 2021, 21:56

Yep.....the same guys who voted for Players of the Year in 2015 voted for the Dream Team. The very experts you and Tokkie always quote about the Duds........er STING!!!!

Awards[edit]

At the 2015 World Rugby Awards, Japan's game-winning final try against South Africa was named the best match moment of the tournament.[46] A dream team was named made up of the best performing players of the tournament.[47]

Feb 19, 2021, 00:31

Bullshit Moz it’s not going to be the same 8 experts operating in both 2015 and 2019

But feel free to prove me wrong

Equally player of the spans the year

Team of the WC spans 3 or 4 games

Nice try Moz but not even close

Feb 19, 2021, 02:33

Of course it’s not the same 8....it’s the same kind of experts. Experts with similar qualifications. But I get it, experts are only experts when they agree with your biases. 

Schalk was a great player and Etzebeth the best number 4 lock on the planet for 6 years. If the French had Etzebeth they would walk the 6 Nations.

Feb 19, 2021, 12:17

I have no problem with the Schalk and Etzebeth selections it’s some of the other selections that are pretty average.

I fully get PSDT being named player of the year as he was that important and influential in the team of the year

He was simply outstanding

Feb 19, 2021, 14:31

Mozart

Who picked that team you put above - it was not in the awards list you referred to?    

Feb 19, 2021, 20:53

Influential on behalf of Wales.....got it.

Feb 19, 2021, 20:59

Your take on the Wales game was a laugh

Feb 20, 2021, 03:18

My take on the Welsh try is the only analytical one you will read....a proper critique of the failed role of the blindside flanker who gifted Wales the overlap.

Feb 20, 2021, 05:19

What was your take om Willie le Roux knocking on the ball with an open try-line in front of him?   By the way your take on the Welsh try was total and undiluted BS made up in a total prejudiced mindless  made up tale.      

Feb 20, 2021, 09:49

I watched Chasing the Sun and the Wales game again last night...damn that was too tight... but that match prepared us mentally for the defensive stand against the Poms.

BTW Maaik.. Willie played with a serious shoulder injury in the Japan and Wales matches...some nerve damage... he had very little feeling in his arm.

Feb 20, 2021, 15:02

Sorry Moz but your take on the Wales try was prejudicial bullshit against PSDT who was outstanding all WC as he has been for years now

Easily one of the best players in the game - he has an award to prove it

Feb 21, 2021, 08:07

Mozart

I still want to know where you got that so-called dream team from?   Thinking back - IO remember that I saw that "dream team" before,     I either saw that so-called :"dream team" om this site or in a media report.   Typical kind of drivel appearing in the media.      

There was even n error in the team - since the prop  forward is  not Ajerz  - his surname is "Ajersa". If that team was compiled by the "same experts" you referred to - they would not have picked a team with a  non- existent player in it.

Did you post that "dream team" on site before?          

You need to Log in to reply.