You need to LOG IN to reply.

5 Match ban for Jeremy Ward . . .

Forum » Rugby » 5 Match ban for Jeremy Ward . . .

Mar 12, 2019, 10:15

The Sharks' Jeremy Ward has been given a 5 match ban for his tip tackle on Rosko Specman last Saturday.

Wonder if the penalty would have been less harsh if he'd received a red or yellow card at the time?

Mar 12, 2019, 10:25

Pity for the Sharks at this crucial stage for them.   Now they will have to use Andre - the Mozart and Silly Billy favourite  and you know that is a kiss of death for any team:D:D:D   Those two are known to support duds all the time, 

However, they have still got Louw to fall back on.  

Mar 12, 2019, 10:29

Good thing Esterhuizen was rotated then, now after the bye He'll be able to carry the load for that slacker Ward.:angel:

Mar 12, 2019, 10:49

:D:D:D

Mar 12, 2019, 11:02

Ou Maaik, I don't want to get into the whole De Allende vs Esterhuizen debate as that has been done to death and I've stayed out of it, but just note that I do regard Andre Esterhuizen as a very good player and a better option than Jeremy Ward so please don't waste your time trying to sell him as a "dud" to me.

Mar 12, 2019, 11:06

Rooinek

I ws just needling Mozart and his dim wit side kick.   I think that Esterhuizen is a good enough player on Super  Rugby level - as a test player he sis a no-no/  :D:D:D

Mar 12, 2019, 11:06

Rooinek

I ws just needling Mozart and his dim wit side kick.   I think that Esterhuizen is a good enough player on Super  Rugby level - as a test player he sis a no-no/  :D:D:D

Mar 12, 2019, 11:54

I think they need to clearly explain the concept of "rotation" to Ward again, in that it is not something he is supposed to apply to his opponents on the field.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:28

Redneck ... would you select him at 12 for the Boks ... if not ... who??

Mar 12, 2019, 12:42

Klown, I posted some time ago a solution to the #12 crisis but it didn't go down very well. A month or two ago I suggested playing Handre Pollard at #12 and playing Damian Willemse at flyhalf.

Based on Pollard's current form in the #10 jersey I don't think I'd be suggesting that today but it could still be a long-term solution.

Assuming Pollard at flyhalf, I'd pick a fit Rohan Janse van Rensburg at #12 if I was allowed to select overseas-based players and if I had to pick one of our current Super Rugby inside centres it would probably be Andre Esterhuizen.

Mar 12, 2019, 14:17

Rooinek

I would like to see first what Van Rensburg produces after a year out of rugby.   As a rule I do not believe in reputation selections.   I have yet to see a player with more injury problems than Van Rensburg had over the last two years,

I like Serfontein as a player and would not object to him playing for the Springboks - but he is also out with an injury at present,   Do not know for how long though.

As to Esterhuizen,  I frankly see him as a Super Rugby player and not as a test player - the step up is just too much for him.   His record on test level is very questionable irrespective of the support he gets from Silly Billy and Mozart.  For me such support normally implies the kiss of death insofar as test performances are concerned.     

Mar 12, 2019, 14:26

Ou Maaik, that's why I specifically said I'd pick "a fit Rohan Janse van Rensburg".

Mar 12, 2019, 14:32

Thanks - I should read more carefully,

Mar 12, 2019, 15:42

Yes you should.....you should also watch more carefully. Although I sympathize, Peeper coming out for Esterhozen puts a lackey like you in a tough spot.

Mar 12, 2019, 16:05

I stick with it that you are an expert in giving the kiss of death to performance as a means to deal with player selections.   :D:D:D  

Mar 12, 2019, 16:20

You talk funny!

Mar 12, 2019, 16:49

Do you understand it now???????? :D:D:D

Mar 12, 2019, 16:56

He sounds like an early 2000s online translator, translating English into Spanish, into Japanese, back into English. :D

Mar 12, 2019, 17:00

This coming from the feeble-minded hypocrite who only two minutes ago posted this sentence:

"I'm surprised that you think you know than us."

LMAO!

Mar 12, 2019, 17:05

Rooinek

Wormshit is losing his cool - I think.:D:D:D 

Mar 12, 2019, 17:06

I don't think Omlett ever had any cool to lose.

Mar 12, 2019, 18:39

:D:D:D

Mar 12, 2019, 18:56

'You think'.....gosh is it that time of year again.

Mar 12, 2019, 19:04

Sure I am ready to join  you in your normal state.:D:D:D

Mar 12, 2019, 19:04

Sure I am ready to join  you in your normal state.:D:D:D

Mar 13, 2019, 02:04

My 'normal state' of thinking? It wouldn't work for you though. Honestly Mike you really are very bad at repartee.....even if you and Peeper pretend you aren't. But I suppose you are persistent.

Mar 13, 2019, 08:08

Mozart

Your association with a liar and person who misrepresents rugby issues is what you should  reconsider,     

Mar 13, 2019, 08:08

Mozart

Your association with a liar and person who misrepresents rugby issues is what you should  reconsider,     

Mar 13, 2019, 22:02

Where is Louw, the find of the CC last season. A quality looking 12, he must be injured for I doubt du Preez is that stupid to play average Ward out of position at 12?

You need to Log in to reply.